Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Numerous insiders on here have all said that our new queue is already looking amazing. They've said it feels like a real airport with a baggage claim and all. I'm really not worried considering that more than like 3 people have all said this same thing.

  2. #17

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Numerous insiders on here have all said that our new queue is already looking amazing. They've said it feels like a real airport with a baggage claim and all. I'm really not worried considering that more than like 3 people have all said this same thing.
    how do we know those are insiders and not people making stuff up? Remember the guy in charge of this Star Tours project prefers video over animatronics and live sets. Just look at what happened with the subs where we know have darkness where there used to be show scenes and video projections in places where there used to be real sets and figures.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    118

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    I wouldn't want simple video screens, but I think it'd be cool if they had real Star Wars-like 3D holograms like in the movies. I wish the AA props would brief you with 3D maps that appear to float in the air or something.

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    409

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    I hope they don't mess this up. The queue was one of my favorite things about star tours. Fingers crossed

  5. #20

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,953
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    I hope they don't mess this up. The queue was one of my favorite things about star tours. Fingers crossed
    Yeah the Q has always been my favorite part of the ride...just cause it was C-3P0 right there with R2....though i did like Rex...heck....why can't we just get a Star Wars ride that has physical sets and ride though those....man for me that would never get old but I'm just old fashion I like rides like Pirates and HM because nothing is CGI....its all real (yes they have changed the rides to now include those but 99% of the rides are still the same)

  6. #21

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    LV-223
    Posts
    760

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    It's still a rumor till it is verified by an official source.

  7. #22

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    how do we know those are insiders and not people making stuff up? Remember the guy in charge of this Star Tours project prefers video over animatronics and live sets. Just look at what happened with the subs where we know have darkness where there used to be show scenes and video projections in places where there used to be real sets and figures.
    Because the people who have said this have very good track records and all point to the same conclusion.

    Just trying to be optimistic over here guys!

  8. #23

    •   
    • Insert Hilarious Title
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    902

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    how do we know those are insiders and not people making stuff up? Remember the guy in charge of this Star Tours project prefers video over animatronics and live sets. Just look at what happened with the subs where we know have darkness where there used to be show scenes and video projections in places where there used to be real sets and figures.
    Those insiders are no less valid than the original link you posted. Which if I remember, the original source of this rumor was "my friend has seen the plans..."
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

    "The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

  9. #24

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Well it is Tom Fitzgerald leading it.

  10. #25

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Why is it people on here are so quick to believe "negative" rumors, but slow to believe positive ones? You hear a rumor about this, or walk around characters getting the axe and everyone is up in arms... but when a positive one, ie, the ST queue being high quality, people jump on the "how do you know they aren't making it up?" bandwagon. Sometimes I think people enjoy complaining about what they don't like about DL more then talking about what they DO like.

  11. #26

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,860

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    ^^ Exactly.

    Here we have two competing rumors both based on "someone said", but somehow the negative one is legit while the positive one is false.

    I'd like to see MiceChat open a "DLR Rumors" section. I'd visit it but take everything with a grain of salt.

  12. #27

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,953
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Why is it people on here are so quick to believe "negative" rumors, but slow to believe positive ones? You hear a rumor about this, or walk around characters getting the axe and everyone is up in arms... but when a positive one, ie, the ST queue being high quality, people jump on the "how do you know they aren't making it up?" bandwagon. Sometimes I think people enjoy complaining about what they don't like about DL more then talking about what they DO like.
    1) I would say Disney does a lot of these "negative" rumors, changing Pirates, adding Disney characters to Small World, a clone of the Pooh ride taking out the Country Bear's, making the Fantasy Theater into a Princess Meet and Greet, Carsland losing its restaurant until Phase 2, Mickey Rapping, Marvel Toys in every shop, closing Critter Country to save money, adding the Hatbox Ghost but then not having the money too, the rumor that the Halloween Fireworks would become exclusive to event nights, etc....not saying I agree that all of these are negative but to many fans most of this things they dislike and see many of them problems because its all about Disney Trying to make money over a better ride/show/experience.
    Also Lucas is know for hating "real" sets since what he did to the Star Wars Prequels and even some scenes in Indy 4.

    I hope the rumors are not true and I think everyone does too.

  13. #28

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,626

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    I can't imagine the new queue just being the metal bars and some tv screens. I am willing to bet the queue will be amazing and will probably have some tv screens in it as well. The queue for Winnie the pooh in MK is definitely a good sign I hope of things to come for our DL.

  14. #29

    • Disneyland History Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Disneyland and walt Disney world had the same indoor queue and they will have the same indoor queue this time as well. It's supposed to be an identical experience. As some people mentioned at that site Fitzgerald has done this before with spas mountains queue, the memo subs, and replacing horizons with mission space
    Disneyland Star Tours closed months before WDW's for a reason. Al says that reason is because DL's queue is getting a lot more work done to it than WDW's. If you've seen the interiors the DL queues in their recent states, they're going above and beyond to totally redo the insides. Some features remain, but there will be a lot of new things happening that will be much more than simple video screens.

  15. #30

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Elaborate Star Tours queue to be replaced with video screens?

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    Disneyland Star Tours closed months before WDW's for a reason. Al says that reason is because DL's queue is getting a lot more work done to it than WDW's. If you've seen the interiors the DL queues in their recent states, they're going above and beyond to totally redo the insides. Some features remain, but there will be a lot of new things happening that will be much more than simple video screens.
    Indeed. From what I heard Disneyland will be getting the version that Tokyo Disneyland will be receiving in the future. WDW's is a skimped/cut down version of the TDL/DL plans.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] MarkTwain's Tomorrowland: The future is finally here (picture-heavy)
    By MarkTwain in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 12:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •