Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Round 2: If you had to choose...

Unfortunately, Indy. Even though I love that ride. I have a lot of memories associated with it, like when my brother claimed that the boulder hit him on the head, the time we collected multiple fastpasses from people so we rode it three times in a row with very little wait time, my first time riding it when I was 7...

But still. Haunted Mansion and Pirates are classics, and therefore untouchable. Disneyland wouldn't be Disneyland to me without them.

Oh goodness! This is a...a. decision I don't want to make!

Ok. Well, I love Pirates. It's a classic, it's beautifully themed...hands down, there'd be no way to get rid of it.

That leaves Indiana Jones and Haunted Mansion. While Indiana Jones isn't Disney, it's special to me as the first ride I ever rode in Disneyland. Haunted Mansion is Disney and it's a classic! I don't ride it as much though, but that may be because it's always closed when I go.

I'd...have to say Haunted Mansion.

I'd say Haunted Mansion, while a classic, I can do without riding it, and I find myself many times just bored with it.

Indy and Pirates both have some excitement involved with them.

Plus I really like Indy, top 5 rides for me.

• long time listener

Bye Bye Pirates

And always remember the law of the jungle - Don't Be a Zebra!

• Minion

Not Indy, Its unique and original! Even though It's kill me I'd pick Haunted Mansion, plus theres a better version on the East Coast I can go too.

Haunted Mansion.
    Some friendly grammar tips:
    --"Your" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "your ticket" or "your car".
    --"You're" is a contraction for "you are". Example: “You’re going to Disneyland."
    --"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". Example: "It's going to be busy at the park today."
    --"Its" is a possessive pronoun. Example: "Haunted Mansion has decorations on its facade.
    --"There" is used as a reference to a place (Example: "We should go there") or as a pronoun (Example: "There is no hope").
    --Their is a plural possessive pronoun. Example: "They packed their bags for the trip."
    --They're is a contraction of "they" and "are". Example: "They're going to Disneyland."

• The Pumpkin King

I couldnt choose. You close down one of the 3 forever and a nice handful of people would be pissed. All three rides are unique and special in their own way.

The only reason I go to Adventureland is for Indiana Jones and once in awhile to look at the shops. TBH I cant see Disneyland without any of the three. Taking out of of them is like Universal Studios taking out Back to the Future IMO.

The only way I would see Indy go is if Disneyland traded Indiana Jones to Orlando for the ride Dinosaur that has the same ride system.

I guess I could say Indy but only if we got the what I just stated above. After all I do like Dinosaurs But this is just my opinion.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Personally, I think DL'S HM is better than WDW's.
    Ours actually has a moving elevator and goes below the berm.
    I do admit our loading zone needs work.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Indiana Jones i pick Indiana Jones becuse they could a dino maina that is walt disney world in thir witch is way better then Indiana Jones
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I would pick Haunted Mansion just because it fell to #3 in my 'which do I like better' list.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I can't close the classics! But I also can't close Indy! I can't decide! *head explodes*

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Indy hands down.....sorry Classic's over Mr Jones amazing ride

Mansion, although this is in no way an ideal situation, as we are looking at three of my top five Disneyland attractions. I like Indy less than the other two but its a one of a kind ride. Pirates and Mansion are more expendable (despite being better rides than Indy in my eyes) as they have their copies. The DL Pirates is the gold standard, so even though Mansion is probably my favorite dark ride, it would be the one to go.

Again, I would hate for this to ever happen, but if I were in charge of DL and had a gun to my head, it would be the one to close.

• formerly very helpful

Sorry to say, since I do like it, but Indy would have to go.
    Why? Not only is it because the other two are classics, but it's the overall experience.
    Pirates and Haunted Mansion both are long rides. They have a good line to ride ratio. What that means is you get a much longer experience for the amount of time you wait. Often, your wait to ride time for these is 1:1 or 2:1, meaning you often wait only just as long or maybe twice as long as the actual ride.
    Indy often has 45 minute waits, for what - about a 5 minute ride.
    That would be a ratio of about 9 times as long a wait as the ride. That's not a very good ratio. As I see it, you get a lot more for your time investment in Pirates and Haunted Mansion than you do Indy.

But still, I'm glad it's just a hypothetical since I like Indy, too.

• Minion

No question. Indiana Jones. The operative part of Disneyland for me is Disney. And Indiana Jones is not a Disney movie. In fact, Indiana Jones, like Star Tours, is such a big iconic brand on its own, I never felt the true connection to Disney in the first place. I know the attraction was largely developed and worked on by Disney Imagineers, but no way would I sacrifice two major connections that we still have to Walt and his vision, two CLASSIC connections, for something that is non-Disney to begin with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast