Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Round 2: If you had to choose...

This was a much tougher choice than last time, but I would have to select Indiana Jones. Pirates and HM are not only classics, but they do not suffer from malfunctioning (or just plain disabled) show elements than Indiana. Parts of Indiana do not appear to have been fully fleshed out, unlike the other two.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Well, my answer isn't Pirates. Last attraction Walt was truly directly involved in...inspired a wildly popular film franchise...extraordinary hourly capacity...safe...appealing to all ages...an artistic and innovative benchmark...in other words, there simply aren't any objective (i.e. non-personal-preference-based) arguments that could be made for a real-world decision to remove it rather than one of the other two.
    I'd have to disagree with you. Walt actually last influenced "The Haunted Mansion" despite it just sitting as a shell for 6 years.

As for my own POV...I would personally have to say Haunted Mansion. I don't go on it very much during my visits, and it is kind of my least favorite of the three attractions. But they are all classic attractions IMO.

I'm an Indiana Jones fan, so I would say keep Indiana Jones. It was one of the first movies I saw as a kid, and I've been a lifetime fan since. The ride is thrilling, memorable, and has the classic John Williams score that has been humming in my head since I first heard it. (Oh, and FYI to those who eliminate it because it's not Disney, they didn't have anything to thrill that current generation so cut that some slack).

As for Pirates, that is a childhood favorite of mine. It's actually one of the first dark rides I have memories of. I remember being 4-5 at the time and I never got scared one bit. In fact, I had fun and I've loved it since.

• Artistic integrity

Indiana Jones

PotC, and H.M. are far too epic to ever loose. There's an "artistic integrity" shown in the 2 "60s" E-Tickets ... that's a bit skimpy in Indy.

The hallway of flying darts are of "2D" villains .. if you want to call them that. A more animated, "3D" realized hall .. would have been nicer.

There's one dark room that the vehicles go through. (A Budget cut). The collapsing ceiling bit ... gone. Some of the projections ... like the ones of rats dropping in, has never been totally effective.

There are not these issues in H.M, and PotC ...that had more "love" poured into them.

•   
    • Minion

Indiana Jones. Only because the other two rides are untouchable to me.

• Minion

we could get rid of Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye replace it ndiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! show in dca and bring DINOSAUR, to replace indy
    Last edited by mickeyfan4ever; 02-14-2011 at 09:54 PM.
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Indiana Jones

PotC, and H.M. are far too epic to ever loose. There's an "artistic integrity" shown in the 2 "60s" E-Tickets ... that's a bit skimpy in Indy.

The hallway of flying darts are of "2D" villains .. if you want to call them that. A more animated, "3D" realized hall .. would have been nicer.

There's one dark room that the vehicles go through. (A Budget cut). The collapsing ceiling bit ... gone. Some of the projections ... like the ones of rats dropping in, has never been totally effective.

There are not these issues in H.M, and PotC ...that had more "love" poured into them.
    Just to play devil's advocate...HM lost a major animatronic shortly after opening and a number of its effects don't always line up correctly, while Pirates lost realistic fire effects and originally featured a long, pitch-black tunnel with some relatively generic narration just to get you under the railroad tracks. Both currently use a lot of digital projectors that produce annoying rainbow effects if you look at 'em the wrong way, too.

Anyway, I agree that the problems you mentioned are indeed problems, and it'd be nice if they were fixed. I just think we need to be fair and realize that Pirates and HM aren't free of these sorts of technical issues. I also think that they don't need to rob these amazing attractions of their "artistic integrity" - to do that, you'd need to have a cowboy AA trying to lasso one of the brides for sale, or land a flying saucer next to Indy. (Er, okay, maybe a bad example these days. )

Lastly, I think judgments about the amount of love poured into these particular attractions are unfair unless they're informed by firsthand experience in the design of all three. Judging the end results is one thing...inferring the way the designers felt during the process is another.

Just my two cents, as the saying goes!

• Workin to live,lovin life

I too would have a hard time choosing, but Indy would have to go. I'm a huge Indy fan (but the 4th movie doesn't exist in my mind), so it would be tough to let it go. But the Mansion and Pirates are much more open to interpretation story-wise, which I actually prefer... it lets your imagination go. Indy also breaks down too often.

But choosing between these three is like saying who your favorite kid is!

Hate to say it, but Indiana Jones.

• Future Cast Member

indy

• MargyDisneylandLover

I would have to say indy..I like all 3 rides but if i went on a trip right now and all 3 were running and i could only ride 2 of them hands down i would choose haunted mansion and pirates every time
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123