Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Round 2: If you had to choose...

Had some interesting results from the first one of these, let's try for Round 2!

So, if you had to choose one of the following 3 rides to close forever, which would you choose?
    (And people said this as part of their reason in the first one, but this isn't with any promise or idea of a better replacement. This is just to have the ride close forever.)

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Haunted Mansion
    Indiana Jones

And why?
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Applying history

Re: Round 2: If you had to choose...

This one is a lot harder! Haha. I would choose Pirates, just because it's my least favorite of the three. I love them all though.
    Space Shuttle, this is flight safety, please keep your hands and arms inside the car, and remain seated while in motion. You are clear for launch.

Twitter | Tumblr | LiveJournal

• Minion of Chernabog

Indiana Jones, just barely. Pirates and HM are classics, and are just about as good.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

Yes, this one is a little harder. I think I would have to go with Indiana. It's the only one out of the three that isn't an original, and it's such a big space that I'd be excited to see what other kind of E-Ticket ride they could put in there.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

So long, Dr. Jones.

Mainly because it is more "high maintenance" in terms of downtime and hasn't gotten proper attention to the many very ambitious effects within. Pirates and HM are more atmospheric as well, I think, when it comes to the ride portion itself..Indy is impressive but I love Mansion and Pirates. No contest here.

Pirates. I love all of them, but Indy is my favorite of the three & I would be super sad if I never got to ride Haunted Mansion Holiday again.

• =)

Ouch. This one's a lot tougher. Pirates and HM clearly have undebatable classic status, but Indy is a very popular attraction in its own right, and many would argue that it's a modern classic.

Well, my answer isn't Pirates. Last attraction Walt was truly directly involved in...inspired a wildly popular film franchise...extraordinary hourly capacity...safe...appealing to all ages...an artistic and innovative benchmark...in other words, there simply aren't any objective (i.e. non-personal-preference-based) arguments that could be made for a real-world decision to remove it rather than one of the other two.

So that leaves Indy and HM. I love both. So do millions of other people. In one corner, you've got an innovative thrill ride based on a very well-loved non-Disney franchise...in the other, you've got a classic dark ride with a fascinating history that's spawned its own fan culture. Indy is surely more popular with guests who like a jolt of adrenaline served with their illusions and sets and AAs, but to remove a classic like HM feels nearly as criminal as removing a classic like Pirates. Also, it's a lot more difficult for Westerners like us to get to another Indiana Jones attraction, whereas there's another (some would say superior) Mansion just on the other side of the country.

Ultimately, I suppose such a decision would have to depend on statistics that I don't have - hourly capacity, downtime, huge surveys to determine which attraction people seem more interested in, etc. Without that sort of information, I don't think I can decide between the two. Both are so worth keeping.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    Had some interesting results from the first one of these, let's try for Round 2!

So, if you had to choose one of the following 3 rides to close forever, which would you choose?
    (And people said this as part of their reason in the first one, but this isn't with any promise or idea of a better replacement. This is just to have the ride close forever.)

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Haunted Mansion
    Indiana Jones

And why?
    Your just not making it easy.
    Once again, hate to pick
    But HM is my fav ride, next is POTC
    So it looks like Indy is on the chopping block
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Haunted Mansion.

• Minion

Indiana Jones -- too bumpy (and not even in the same league as Pirates and Mansion) -- also, the Animatronic doesn't look like Harrison.

(But it's a fancy ride that others seem to love, so I wouldn't close it anyhow).

Yeah I would pick indy hands down

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Haunted Mansion
    Indiana Jones

And why?
    Wow your killing me here, ouch, well I love Haunted mansion I couldnt lose it, I also have a romantic affair with Indy not just cause how great it is but I was there opening days, so I do guess that Pirates would have to go even though it is so great and was walts last project in DL I would have to dump it, I feel sad just thinking about it But great question makes you really think!

• Blew By You

What are you trying to do to us?
    Maybe, maybe Indy. The other two are untouchables.

• Minion

I hate to have to pick one of these three! I have to go with Indy! Of the 3 its the one that I ride the least! I would curl up in a ball and cry if Pirates and/or HM was ever closed!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Minion

Indiana Jones because it's based on a film NOT made by Disney.
    Pirates and the Mansion were big parts of my childhood.
    So, James, how much is the wrecking ball going to cost you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast