Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• 1375 miles away

Re: Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report - November 10-26, 2010 (Photo Heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    Great continuing report! Farley is my favorite entertainer too. I always make a point to stop and spend some time watching him whenever I manage to come across him.
    Thanks for your encouragement. Always good to know someone is following along and enjoying.
    Farley is great! He just has a little but of that extra Disney magic. He always asks where we are from and sings us a song about Texas. Nothing like a little personal touch! Not to mention he is pretty darn talented with that fiddle of his!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report - November 10-26, 2010 (Photo Heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    Thanks for your encouragement. Always good to know someone is following along and enjoying.
    Farley is great! He just has a little but of that extra Disney magic. He always asks where we are from and sings us a song about Texas. Nothing like a little personal touch! Not to mention he is pretty darn talented with that fiddle of his!
    We have a couple of old vhs of disneyland they used to sell in the parks...they sell similar videos still "a day in disneyland" type things that he's on and the twins (they're seven now but had annual passes from the time they were old enough to require admission tickets) were so thrilled the first time they saw him in person because they'd seen him on their movies they watched over and over so many times. it was exciting for the whole family to meet a "celeb" and he's very cool. been working there something like thirty years I think. i remember one time him talking to some canadians and explaining to them how their country got its name. it was very funny the way he told it.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

I realize I'm very late on seeing this but I really liked your trip report! so many pics! =) 2 wks is a longgg time for DLR how lucky. I've stayed at a wyndham timeshare by disneyland. I usually stay every yr. it is very hard to get a room and we are usually only able to get one day, two if we're lucky. the rest of the days we stay at the tropicana. it really isnt far from dlr at all. it is actually right across the st from gardenwalk.

• 1375 miles away

I just realized today just how neglected my poor trip report has been. I haven't even finished the last 2 days! How sad is that? Plus, I have a few people to respond to. It sounds like a worthy cause to set out this Saturday morning and wrap up those final details. So here goes.....

First let's start with a couple replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    We have a couple of old vhs of disneyland they used to sell in the parks...they sell similar videos still "a day in disneyland" type things that he's on and the twins (they're seven now but had annual passes from the time they were old enough to require admission tickets) were so thrilled the first time they saw him in person because they'd seen him on their movies they watched over and over so many times. it was exciting for the whole family to meet a "celeb" and he's very cool. been working there something like thirty years I think. i remember one time him talking to some canadians and explaining to them how their country got its name. it was very funny the way he told it.
    We have the Day in Disneyland movie. It's a fun video to watch when you need a little Disneyland fix! Thanks for sharing your story. How fun that your family has such wonderful memories of Farley. I had no idea he had been there so long. Just imagine how many people he has entertained over the years and leaves with happy memories. It's the little things!

Quote Originally Posted by xoDisneyLove View Post
    I realize I'm very late on seeing this but I really liked your trip report! so many pics! =) 2 wks is a longgg time for DLR how lucky. I've stayed at a wyndham timeshare by disneyland. I usually stay every yr. it is very hard to get a room and we are usually only able to get one day, two if we're lucky. the rest of the days we stay at the tropicana. it really isnt far from dlr at all. it is actually right across the st from gardenwalk.
    Hey well at least you beat me back to my own trip report! Still I am glad you found me and enjoyed my TR.... and all the pictures. We love our 2 week trips to Disneyland. We have gotten so used to being able to tour the park at a leisurely pace I am not sure we could do it any other way. How have you liked the Wyndham? It is, of course, one option for lodging that we will consider but it's a real shame that they require so many points. I do believe it went down some but when we stay 2 weeks we have to stretch those points as far as we can! Dolphin's Cove here we come... for one week anyway. Maybe we will hit up the Wyndham one of these days when I've saved up some extra points. I do like that they are located by Gardenwalk. So many good dining choices!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

• 1375 miles away

Now... on with the report.....

Day 15, November 24, 2010

Today is our last day devoted to CA. With my must do list in hand we set off to do all our favorites one last time. AGAIN I forgot to check the settings on my camera so all my pictures turned out crappy for the day! GRRRR! At least our annual Photopass picture turned out pretty good.

We grabbed a FP for Soarin and headed over to Monster’s Inc.

Next we went to the Animation building.

Once inside, first up was Turtle Talk With Crush.

Afterwards we went to the Animation Academy.

We learned to draw Jack Skellington.

DD and I left the boys and made our way over to dine with the Princesses.

Finished up there and rushed over to try to catch the 2:20 showing of Aladdin but it was full so we wandered the streets a bit.

Trying to imitate King Julian's headpiece...

Decided to watch the Muppets.

We headed over to the pier and waited in line 70 minutes for TSMM.

We decided to use our FPs for Soaring. Afterwards, we made a running dash back over to Alladin to catch the 4:45 showing.

Just barely made it in and were seated in the balcony. On the way out I tripped on the steps and fell down. My leg was sore for days!

I do believe he was trying to ignore me.

I'm only good for a few pictures and then I get absorbed in the show.

One last spin on the carousel.

And one last shot at the baseball toss. My DS satisfied his desire to win but do you have any idea what a pain it is to get these things home???

Got through there and then it was another race through DTD to catch a 7:00 showing of Tangled. Great movie wrapped up a very busy day. Picked up some Denney’s on the way in and ended up teasing the waitress who we had gotten us the mustard from the night before. We got everything done on my list that we had wanted to see and do one last time so it was a good farewell day to CA.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

• 1375 miles away

Day 16, November 25, 2011

It’s Thanksgiving Day and our last day in the park. Since we have deluxe APs this year the first thing we had to do was make out way over to the ticket booths to buy blockout passes for the day. Kinda pricey but we decided it would be fun to have Thanksgiving in the park at least this one time and see how we liked it. Haven’t had to buy tickets at the booth in ages but was very surprised to find no line at all and an amazingly quick transaction. We headed into the park and finally on our very last day decided we would finally get around to having our annual family photos made today. The first one we had made in front of the Christmas tree on Main Street.

We stopped in the Main Street Cinema and watched some of the cartoons.

We did not have reservations for our Thanksgiving dinner because the family had chosen Plaza Inn so I was a little worried about having to wait in a huge line. Surprisingly we arrived to find another short line. DS had the steak, DD had pasta, and DH and I had turkey. The portions were huge but it was far from the best turkey dinner I have ever had. Still, I didn’t have to cook so that more than made up for it! I do believe if I ever want a traditional homestyle dinner I am going to have to break down and learn to cook it myself.

With our bellies full we tottered over to the castle to get another family photo taken. (Note to self…. Have pictures made in the evening when the sun is not shining so bright and makes everyone squint in the pictures.) While we were waiting our turn in line we got to witness a proposal in front of the castle.

Next we headed over to ride our favorites in NOS. We all rode Pirates.

This guy was in front of us while we waited in line. He really gets into his Thanksgiving day! (In case you cannot tell because the picture is too grainy he is wearing a turkey or a chicken hat.)

Then the girls went on HM while the guys went on Splash.

The guys decided to ride a few Fantasyland rides with us since they never think to do them on their own. We wandered throught the hat shop a few minutes.

We rode Casey Junior. DH and I got to ride on the back. I love seeing everything going behind us and I was really happy not to have to get stuffed in one of those cages again. Evidently I was on the wrong setting again. It was very bright outside today!

Fantasyland was fairly crowded as always so we drifted over to Frontierland.

Not sure what the real name of the bridge is but it is one of our guy's favorite places. They call it Rendezvous Bridge.

We were just in time to watch Billy Hill. We sat upstairs. They had a new short version Christmas show. I missed the Christmas Carol part. (Billieeeeee …… Billieeeeee)

Finished up there and I took DD to Pixie Hollow. On the way over we did some sightseeing....

And stopped in at the secret bathroom. Loved the tile in here so much I took a picture. Too bad they did a sloppy job in the corner.

Emma got to meet her favorite fairy, Silvermist.

We finally made it to Tinkerbell.

We headed back towards Fantasyland.

We went through the Castle Walk Through one more time.

Checked out the Heraldry Shop.

I still wanted to do Peter Pan and DS wanted to do Bobsleds so we decided to do those while DH took DD on Dumbo. Our choices were both too crowded. DS was starting to have sinus problems so he was feeling a little tired so we thought about seeing if we could bump up our late dining plans. We went over to Dumbo to wait while DH and DD finished riding Dumbo.

DD wanted to ride the Carousel just one more time so the guys made a coffee run while we did that.

Apparently the coffee revived everyone. We thought we would hang out a little longer in Fantasyland since it was our last night. First they agreed to take me on Peter Pan.

Then we decided we would make a last run on the other dark rides so we continued on through Snow White…

These two looked like they were up to something.

Pinocchio …

and Toad.

We finished up just in time to make it over to BB for our 7:00 ressie. We requested waterside and ended up with only 10 minute wait. We ended up with another wonderful table. Three of us splurge on our last park meal and had the Surf N Turf while DD had the salmon again. Then we finished up with the Crème Brulee. DH tried the pumpkin flavored brulee. He said it was wonderful even though he usually does not even like pumpkin desserts.

When we made it back outside it was COLD!

We walked back to Pirates for a farewell ride.

From there DH and DS went on Splash once more while DD and I rode Jungle Cruise. We had a group on the boat with us that must have been there for the first time. They laughed at EVERY joke! I am sure our skipper appreciated it.

We had only brought our light jackets so we weren’t prepared for the cold so we decided we had done enough were pretty tired so we headed to our room taking the inside route as much as possible back through the warm stores. DH decided to drop back in at the Market House for a coffee refill. We waited for him in the Emporium.

DD discovered more hats.

DD made sure to say goodbye to Disneyland as we left out through the gate and we all bid farewell as we passed by our paver. Til next year!

We had just got settled in when I realized that we forgot to go to DTD. Several years ago DS had heard Drew Tretick playing the violin and really enjoyed the music. We had heard that he would be there this night so we had planned to pick up a music cd or two. DS and I got redressed… much warmer this time… and raced back down to DTD. It was getting fairly late and when we arrived Drew had just about finished packing up to leave. Thankfully his assistant was very accommodating and got some of the cds back out and helped DS select 3.
    We made it back to the room and passed out pretty quickly. It was much better than thinking about the dreaded chore of packing everything back up in the morning!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

• 1375 miles away

November 26, 2010

We are always sad to say goodbye to Disneyland but I think that we stay long enough that we are actually finally ready to go home at the end of 2 weeks. It sure makes the parting much easier. It does not however make the packing any better! As if we didn’t bring enough to begin with we have to figure out how to get even more home! I worked at it and finally managed to creatively squeeze everything into place. We called for a taxi to pick us up at 12:00. Immediately after I called we thought to look at check out time and it dawned on us that we were really supposed to have been out by 11:00. OOPS! Oh well, they didn’t kick us out so all was well. We made our way to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Even more so when out flight got delayed by almost an hour. Oh well, I would rather they find problems before we take off rather than during the flight! Somehow they always manage to make up a little of the time in flight so we ended up being only about 30 minutes late when we landed in DFW. We managed to get out of the airport and only got lost once on the way home.

All in all a great trip! Good to be home now but I know in no time I will be ready to go again!

Just a few more words I just gotta share....
    There was a little wishy-washy speculation as to when we would go back to Disneyland next there for awhile BUT I am happy to report that I have CONFIRMED that our 2011 trip will be October 31-November 12. Only 134 days to go!!!! So glad I finally wrapped up this report... sorry it was so late..... now I need to get planning!!!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123