Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was the Chernabog Tower ever removed from Paradise Bay?

Disneygeek posted a photo from 2/12/11 of the Chernabog Tower resting just under the surface of the lagoon. I've had cast members tell me it was removed from the bay. When I looked for it about a month ago, I did not see it. Can anyone confirm whether or not it was ever missing? If it was missing, maybe it being back means we will see appear in the show soon, perhaps not as chernabog, or perhaps included in a halloween/holiday layover.

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/di...31&num_image=2

• Thinking about doughnuts

Re: Was the Chernabog Tower ever removed from Paradise Bay?

It's easiest to see by looking down from Mickey's Fun Wheel and it's easy to miss it from anywhere else. It would be a major effort to remove it while water is in the bay. It's highly unlikely (on the order of a snowball's chance in Hell) that they ever removed it. And recent pictures show the same old shape so it would still be a giant non-moving demon-like rib cage with wings.

Or the scariest Christmas tree ever.

• Banned User

still there. Unused. For now.

• Former DL & WDW CM

So perhaps a silly question, but what is this Chernabog Tower? Was this an unused element for WOC?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by ojeilatan View Post
    So perhaps a silly question, but what is this Chernabog Tower? Was this an unused element for WOC?
    Thanks, I was going to ask the exact same thing.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Thinking about doughnuts

This is an old picture of the Chernabog tower taken during construction.
    It's not fully extended in this picture. It is underwater when fully retracted. They projected images on water spray coming from the ribs of the structure. It also can project on a mist screen at its head and two mist fans for its wings.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post

It's not fully extended in this picture. It is underwater when fully retracted. They projected images on water spray coming from the ribs of the structure. It also can project on a mist screen at its head and two mist fans for its wings.
    Wow, never saw that before, thanks.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post

It's too bad that they never got this to work. It would have been awesome and really made WOC over the top.

• Minion

Do you think theyll ever put it into the show?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Hmm, it would REALLY seem like a knock off of Fantasmic with Chernabog making a splashy debut.

• Banned User

Are there any Walt Disney-era movies represented in WOC? Is it true Alice in Wonderland was removed? I remember when they first announced WOC they said there would be alot of Walt films shown in the show including Fantasia and Alice.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Hmm, it would REALLY seem like a knock off of Fantasmic with Chernabog making a splashy debut.
    Do you think that the finished product was going to be an animatronic? When I saw it I thought it was going to be a tower to push water effects even higher. I figured that the name just came from what it resembled when not in the show. I don't know, I look at it and can see what you see too now that I look at it.

Oh and Ghostbuster626, I didn't see Alice, but I can't remember about Fantasia.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Are there any Walt Disney-era movies represented in WOC? Is it true Alice in Wonderland was removed? I remember when they first announced WOC they said there would be alot of Walt films shown in the show including Fantasia and Alice.
    The Chesire Cat from the cartoon Alice makes a quick appearence in the finale as a way to keep Alice in Wonderland in the show, so to speak. The Old Mill also has a scene with a remixed version of April Showers from Bambi (which is pretty awesome). I think theres a couple more in certain parts of the show. In the "So Close" segment, theres clips of Bambi, Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty in that part.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Do you think that the finished product was going to be an animatronic? When I saw it I thought it was going to be a tower to push water effects even higher. I figured that the name just came from what it resembled when not in the show. I don't know, I look at it and can see what you see too now that I look at it.
    YouTube - World of Color Full Run-Through - Part 2

Fast foward to 7:30 in this video and you'll see the tower in action towards the right of your screen. The tower was also equipped with flamers that was also used in hellfire.

I read somewhere that the show is still programmed to use the tower and they could bring it up if they want.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

It's not that they didn't get it to work, it just didn't turn out how they imagined, so they just ditched it. It works perfectly fine and could show up at any show, they just don't want it to. But Steve has said they might add it back in eventually or use it in another WoC incarnation(Christmas tree maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    YouTube - World of Color Full Run-Through - Part 2

Fast foward to 7:30 in this video and you'll see the tower in action towards the right of your screen. The tower was also equipped with flamers that was also used in hellfire.
    I don't see it. Where exactly am I supposed to look? The only tower I see is the one from the Golden Zephyr. If I look to the sides of it, all I see are the wires holding the vehicles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast