Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Done waiting!!

Star Trader moving to Starcade?

Anybody else just see on the DL Twitter feed that effective today, the Star Trader is moving to the Starcade? Seems odd...
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• I'm not really here

Re: Star Trader moving to Starcade?

Yup, just saw that. Why does it seem odd? If they need to work on the exit queue of the attraction it makes sense to close down the store so they can re-configure, upgrade, etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Jack of All Trades

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Yup, just saw that. Why does it seem odd? If they need to work on the exit queue of the attraction it makes sense to close down the store so they can re-configure, upgrade, etc.
    Yup! Not at all. :-)
    "People of Earth, how are you?"

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.
    Fish are friends, not food."

• Johnny and Me!

Has anyone seen it yet? Does it take up the whole space, or just the first level?

• Banned User

Will Star Tours II have a gift shop or just an exit queue area? or is it getting a brand new gift shop? im confused

• I'm not really here

They are moving the Star Trader store to the StarCade area so they can close the Star Trader location in order to do work on it. I'm assuming this because the announcement only said that it was moving and nothing more. It seems logical that this is to accomodate an update of those exit ramps that dump into the Star Trader. I don't know if the actual location itself will get an update, but it makes sense to close it so they can get the work done faster and without interfering with guests.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Ah I see. I would imagine Star Trader will get a complete overhaul. Nothing less than the best for George Lucas.

• Banned User

Is the Starcade getting a facelift? It looks horrible in that area!!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope Star Trader gets an upgrade out of this....at least the Star Wars part since they could do a lot more with the store than they are....maybe even a few props that they used in the first Q put into the store as decorations?

• Jack of All Trades

It's going to be AMAZING looking! Truly!

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself.

The Starcade building is bigger so I guess it would make since especially since Star ToursII is going to be heavily promoted. I am just wondering what they are going to do to the Start Trader building?

• Jack of All Trades

The Starcade is a TEMPORARY location. The store (Star Trader) is moving there for only a month or so while they refurb the existing location. When they are done, the store moves back. End of March, I think.

Sounds good, I hope that store gets a nice Star Wars treatment through and through :P I HATE that it is Toy Story LGM themed.

Toy Story theming really needs to stick over with Buzz more, Star Tours needs a nicely themed exit ramp that goes into a beautifully themed store. It'd really complete the experience.

Closing the Star Traders traditional location for a while can only mean good things for the ride.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Artistic integrity

Would seem appropriate to move the Starcade games up stairs where it has been a defunct "ghost town" since 1999. And the Star Trader take up the lower floor indefinitely.

Makes the land look more "happening" .. while imagineering continues to procrastinate on a land makeover for the next 50 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Would seem appropriate to move the Starcade games up stairs where it has been a defunct "ghost town" since 1999. And the Star Trader take up the lower floor indefinitely.

Makes the land look more "happening" .. while imagineering continues to procrastinate on a land makeover for the next 50 years!
    but then they'd have to maintain an escalator and I'm assuming an elevator is also somewere in there? "oh's noes!!!"

Disney hates escalators why do you think they went through such effort to destroy all the ones on the Peoplemover/Space Mountain/ETC...
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast