Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Former Cast Member

Re: Have you ever gotten stuck on an attraction? I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I've been stuck on Space Mountain, right at the very top. The lights turned on and because we were at a spot where we couldn't get off, a CM had to literally push our rocket to get it going. It was embarrassing haha! We got to ride the rest with the lights on. It really doesn't go as fast as it appears to. The lights out give the illusion of going high speed.

Again, this is normal protocol for cast members to push fully loaded rockets in (with the lights on) after a breakdown once you are past the lifts. Only in the rarest of circumstances are you actually evacuated from a rocket while it is in one of the breakzones. This usually occurs when there is a mechanical failure of the station, breakzones, or lifts.

Space Mtn Alum 94
    Very few have had the privilege of operating Space Mountain. Fewer still have pushed the A-lift stop. I am one of those few.

• Minion

I've gotten stuck on the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes. We stopped paddling. :|

But really, I've been stuck on a few and Space Mountain is the most memorable so far. It was at the top or at least near the top and the E-stop came on and so did the lights. Everyone's wondering what's going on as we wait and watch a few CMs on the lower levels walk around the attraction. They talk with the people on the rocket and do some stuff and then start pushing the rockets down the line by hand, like a bobsled team. Once they get up to us I find out it's because there was one too many rockets in a zone (either from being overweight or under) so the system just e-stopped everything. We got pushed down like the others and oh my god, as others have said I am never putting my hands up or outside the rocket ever again. It was certainly an exciting experience but frightening when you can actually see how close you can come to a support.

Second most memorable was getting stuck on POTC. Our boat was a little heavier than it should have been and there were some issues with getting down some of the waterfalls, nothing impossible. The part when we got stuck was going up the lifthill is what killed the ride I think. They had to manually bring boats up (assuming a backup system?) and after that the ride was shut down for hours.

Third most memorable is getting stuck on Autopia. :| Everything was fine and dandy up until maybe 50 feet from the station and a car a few cars in front of us had broken down. We got to wait around for about 5 mins while they tried to restart the car but eventually gave up. Now that I think about it, I've been in line for Autopia before and they had to shut it down for a broken wheel/axel. The wheel had popped off the car from being banged up against the track so much.

Does the Omnibus on Main Street count? After it broke down, everyone got off and... we walked up Main Street.

Yesterday, sunday the 6th, I was in line for Toy Story Midway mania @ DCA and we were just about to go into the hallway where you pick up the 3D glasses when something happens and they have to stop the ride and then tell everyone to leave >.>
    it was horrible! we waited for like 50 min..

My trip that I took last week I finally broke down in a ride. It was in snow white where the witch is in the boat. All the lights came on and damn, it looks way different with lights on. Never expected it to look that different. A CM made her way over to us and the party behind us, and just told all of us to walk to the exit since it was like two turns away. It was cool to see all the props with no movement on them or anything. Yay I feel special now for seeing that. lol.

Two years ago me, my aunt, and my three young cousins were all stuck in the Snow White ride at DL. It was right at the beginning of the scary forest scene so my aunt and I spent the next ten minutes consoling my cousins while waiting for the CM to come by to help us evacuate. What was kind of cool though was that we got to actually walk through the rest of it so that my cousins could at least see it. The next day we came back and were able to ride through it without a hitch.
    "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."

Got stuck on 'Indy' literally right below the dangling Indy (where the boulder comes at you). The lights came on, Indy kept dangling and the boulder kept on "rolling" on the track. What was awesome is that you could see past the boulder into the huge storage area that usually hidden. I've actually gotten to ride the attraction with the lights on last time I got stuck on it.

I got stuck on Indy last season. I was able to take this picture:

Then we glided through the ride without ANY SOUND. Eerie is an understatement.

Then we got stuck again here:
    www.youtube.com/lundopictures

My husband and I went on the Haunted Mansion late one night. We were the only ones on the ride and we got stuck in the seance room with Madame Leota. It took the creepiness to a whole new level.
    “Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.” –Walt Disney

• Future Imagineer

I got stuck on Space Mountain on Wednesday and we had to be evacuated.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I was once evacuated on Space Mountain and the Matterhorn. Fortunately, I was in the bobsled closest to the end of the ride, so we didn't have to wait very long. I was stuck temporarely on other rides, like HM and IASW.

• Future Cast Member

I got stuck on Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, and Tower of Terror.
    The Tower of Terror one was the most frightening.
    Some girl buckled the belt in an empty seat (I have no idea why?) and when we went down I guess the weight sensors couldn't pick up anything. So the ride stopped immediately and we were just staring at the wall for a good 10 minutes until the ride rebooted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567