Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toontown Closing in WDW - What about DL?

I read that Toontown is a goner at WDW. Does anyone know if this will happen in DL as well?

I wouldn't mind something new or expanded into that section. I've always been underwhelmed by Toontown - but that's just me... I know some of you out there like it.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: Toontown Closing in WDW - What about DL?

I think our toontown will remain as is for some time. WDW lost theirs as part of a major rehaul of fantasyland. There are no plans for a large scale remodel in California in the near future though. From what I understand (having never actually been to WDW myself) their toontown was not as seperate as ours is. We have the train track bridge separating toontown from the rest of the park. I do not think there was any major division in Florida. I think there's was just kind of wedged into a section of the fanstasyland area of the park.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Nutty about Disney parks

Unfortunately the destruction of WDW's Toontown was 2 decades overdue. It wasn't a real Toontown in comparison to DL's.

...those cheap stupid tents...

To me DL's Toontown has alot more staying power, theme, and substance.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I wish.....no we'll stay with Toontown for a whil longer....I just can't like a place that feels soo dead...in the Movie it based off its more alive and CARTOONS walk around...If the land had Philharemagic and a Mickey Ride it would be a fine land but its just a Tree house you can slide down, a boat, Mikey and Minni's House a small coaster, and Roger Rabbit (which is a great ride) but it's the one land that feels to me way to cheap and could have added WAY more to it by now instead of taking things way from it

• Minion

Honestly, I wouldn't mind our Toontown being removed for a Fantasyland Forest type area back behind the berm.

Honestly, I hate Roger Rabbit and would love to see it go.

• (Not a) New User

I like our ToonTown! The theme is much, much better than WDW's. I love all of the little details around the land and in the queues for RRCTS and the houses.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Disney should expand Toon Town instaed of taking it out for Fantasyland to be expanded. They have enough room behind Storybook Land they could use.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Agreed that Mickeys Philharmagic belongs, and an E ticket ride based on "Plane Crazy". Toons are a part of all of Disney lore and history, and do deserve their home.

• Minion

Toontown at Disneyland was an actually well developed and planned out thing as opposed to the rushed Toontown Fair (though Toontown Fair did have some visual storytelling things going on).
    It just needs something new, maybe Philharmagic like mentioned already or a Trolley Troubles attraction for Oswald.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

I'd be ok with a new ride to enhance Toontown. I do like the details of the land, but there's not much to it other than that. Roger Rabbit is an ok ride, but not enough to be on my "Must Ride Everytime" list.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DizMagic View Post
    I read that Toontown is a goner at WDW. Does anyone know if this will happen in DL as well?

I wouldn't mind something new or expanded into that section. I've always been underwhelmed by Toontown - but that's just me... I know some of you out there like it.

In all the other threads about this
    it seems most think it's not going anywhere.

I for one wouldn't miss TT if something better would come along.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Toontown at Disneyland was an actually well developed and planned out thing as opposed to the rushed Toontown Fair (though Toontown Fair did have some visual storytelling things going on).
    It just needs something new, maybe Philharmagic like mentioned already or a Trolley Troubles attraction for Oswald.
    Toontown at WDW originated as Mickey's Birthdayland and opened in 1988 as a special temporary land to celebrate Mickey Mouse's 50th Birthday. It was kept around by public demand but the fact that it was meant to be temporary meant that was cheaply built and installed with intent to be taken down easily later. Mickey and Minnie houses were added later and the land around it had to be tweaked as much as possible to match theming. But of course there were giant tents thus the fair theme was an easy choice.

I would consider maybe some theming detail work on Toontown, making it less tacky and more imaginative. And yes it needs a big ticket attraction in order to absorb traffic.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I like our Toontown, but I feel like I have gotten my use out of it. Walking through it, I don't really enjoy going through the houses as much, so I wouldn't mind seeing something else done with it. Hearing that it will stay for a while longer isn't a disappointment though.

• Future Imagineer

I would not want to see Toon Town close. It is very well put together and has a great Dark Ride (Roger Rabbit) plus it's pretty popular with young kids so I don't think it's going anywhere too soon.

Toontown isn't going away soon here at Disneyland, besides it's a great way to see if your 3 and 4 year olds are ready for roller coasters... (if you can stand the wait)!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast