Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Miracle:(n) Kings win Cup

Thousand Oaks, Staples Center, Disneyland

What's new for Fantasmic!?

Hey all! In the Disneyland Project thread II, some of the posters have mentioned that Fantasmic! could use some upgrades, additions, and/or refurb. What do you say? What should F! have added to it to make the show fresh and new?

I think that the show is great in its current format; however, Entertainment or WDI or anybody who wants to step up to the challenge needs to get Murphy working on a consistent and dependable schedule.

Something else I would add would be more live-action scenes. There are a lot of water screen scenes, and most everyone I take to see the show comments most on the live-action scenes. What are some ideas that you all have? What would be a cool live-action scene to add?

(I know!! Toy Story!!)

• Minion

Re: What's new for Fantasmic!?

I would love to see the fantasia mop dance done live action rather then on the water screen
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Minion

A lot of us would like to see an upgrade of the fountains similar to the WOC fountains (IMO they don't have to move, but it'd be nice to upgrade to LEDs)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Yeah the fountains are the last item I think that is out dated for Fantasmic, even WDW world''s Fantasmic has better fountains.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Workin to live,lovin life

Yeah, I'd agree that the fountains need an upgrade. But I'm all for more live actors and physical props and less projections... to see the Mops dancing around would be awesome! Maybe in the same vein as the elephants or something like that.

And here's to hoping that Murphy doesn't have a major breakdown anytime soon!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Yeah the fountains are the last item I think that is out dated for Fantasmic, even WDW world''s Fantasmic has better fountains.
    You say that like its a surprise? WDW's show is six years younger. Of course its going to have newer elements.

• Fantasmic Fan

Maybe for when Murffy is up they have all the famous villians by her and then when she is struck by the sword, they can all run away. That's an idea that i just came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by leprecon View Post
    Maybe for when Murffy is up they have all the famous villians by her and then when she is struck by the sword, they can all run away. That's an idea that i just came up with.
    i kind of really like this but the only villain that could be able to appear is the snow white witch, because Ursula and Chernabog are projections.

• I'm not really here

The fountains definitely are due for an upgrade. While they've got the RoA drained they can pull the pit apart and rebuild the lift ground up as well as do some major work on Murphy.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Warm Hugging Anna

Like others have said only the fountains need to be change. I don't want to many live events cause if so it would not be a water tipe show and that is what Fantasmic is about. It about the water.

There is down time in the show when the monkeys are dancing on the barges. If you are sitting toward the center of the stage, after they all cross and move left and right around the river the stage is essentially dark. Music is playing and they shine a vine type pattern all over the stage. This lasts at least 30 seconds before the mist screens come up and the elephants on parade segment begins. They should have the fountains on or some video playing during that time. IMO it throws the continuity of the show off.

I also would like to see fountain nozzle and LED light upgrades. At a minimum the lights need to be upgraded. That way they can have RGB color for the fountains.

• Warm Hugging Anna

I think they already did the light not to long ago so they will not get an update.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The Fountains need new lights the very least.....but that's about it...maybe some projection effects during the jungle scene and the ending would be a nice touch too.

• Baseball Stud

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    A lot of us would like to see an upgrade of the fountains similar to the WOC fountains (IMO they don't have to move, but it'd be nice to upgrade to LEDs)

Yeah I agree that the fountains need a major update to keep the show fresh.
    "Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I think they already did the light not to long ago so they will not get an update.
    While the lighting and such have been upgraded, there are still parts of the show that needs an upgrade.

Heres a list of things that had been upgraded (as far as I know) in the past 4 years:

2007: Barges for the Monkeys/Princesses, lighting equipment and sound system and Finale reworked.

2008: Digital Projectors replace the old projectors.

2009: New Crocodile, Eels and Dragon and the films projected are transferred to High Definition.

2010: New lasers

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast