Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Carthay Circle Theatres Twitter Rumor? (Merged threads)

Maybe the restaurant will be multi-format, like the purposed 'Be Our Guest' at the new Fantasyland at WDW? That's suppose to be counter service during the day and table service at night.

If the space is designed right it could offer a lot of variety of offerings during an average day.

- Character Breakfasts with classic old school characters from the years represented in the park
    - Elegant by more economic family friendly lunch's. An option for those who can't do a big fancy dinner but want something special.
    - Elegant Dinners with live entertainment or even a stage show as part of the experience.
    -- Add a living character experience like on the Disney Dream?
    - Special lounge for VIP or special members. Used for special events as well.
    - Small retail space in the front selling gormet treats that are unique to the park.
    - Small display in lobby of memorabilia that is accessible to everyone.

• We set sail for the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Down with the Tide View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe Disney doesn't realize that guests want a museum, or theater to watch classic Disney films.

I mean look how crowded the Main Street Cinema, and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln are......
    Well, Main Street Cinema doesn't have a single comfortable place to sit. Every time I go in there I feel like I would stay longer if I could just relax without having to sit on the floor. I really don't think "theater attraction" automatically means "low attendance." There are many things that they could do with the space to make it successful while still maintaining the theater aspect. But who knows, maybe the restaurant will maintain the theater aspect by itself.

• At the bottom

It's not that I have anything against theaters. But with the amount of theater and show attractions nearby, I don't see it as something that would be a good use of space. Especially with It's Tough to be a Bug, Hyperion, Muppet Theater, and show attractions in the animation building all close by.

Not to mention wasted theater space elsewhere throughout the resort.

I like the idea of a well themed, movie premier, red carpet experience restaurant. If done to a high level of execution, along with great food, I think it would be a perfect addition to DCA.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I feel like there are tons of room for both Theaters and Restaurants....I just hope they make it feel "different" and nice...I really don't want another normal Disney Restaurant where you get burgers of pizza.
    Also for all those who say it wont have a list like Club 33....its all depends on price....they have 1,000 upon thousands of D23 members and about 1 million Ap's at our park alone.....they have some people just hooked on Disney so if they price it right and only let a few select people in the club there will be people wanting to join and wait on a new list.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Lincoln and Main Street Cinema are always empty for one simple reason: consistency. It gives no real reason for people to go in them because if you've gone once, you have no need to ever go in there again. Main Street Cinema actually gets crowded some nights, and I've seen it full after park closing when people still don't want to let go of Disneyland.

So what should the Carthay do? Well, as said before, show Snow White. Simple enough, right? 3 - 6 months later, Pinocchio. Then Fantasia. Then Bambi. So on and so on. Have special menus for each movie. It'd be cute, fun and give APs a reason to pop in every now and then to see what's new about the menu and to watch an old Disney classic. Plus with new advertisements, decorations around the building and perhaps a memorabilia room filled with stuff from whatever movie is playing; APs would never get bored with it. I know I wouldn't and I know that I'd love to see the classics played on a big screen. Wanna make the kids go especially crazy over this attraction? Whatever's playing specific Meet and Greets. Remember footage of the premiere of Snow White and they had the seven dwarfs walking around?

Oh God, it could be so awesome if they just do it right...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Now Official: Carthay Circle Theater Building To House New Restaurant and Loung

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Oh cool, I love miniture golf, where is this being built?
    All that I know is that you get to shoot your balls straight up a massive telescope at some point...while aiming a a crater on the dark side of the moon.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^I feel like there are tons of room for both Theaters and Restaurants....I just hope they make it feel "different" and nice...I really don't want another normal Disney Restaurant where you get burgers of pizza.
    Also for all those who say it wont have a list like Club 33....its all depends on price....they have 1,000 upon thousands of D23 members and about 1 million Ap's at our park alone.....they have some people just hooked on Disney so if they price it right and only let a few select people in the club there will be people wanting to join and wait on a new list.
    Yes. Somehow, I have the feeling that both a restaurant and a theater will occupy the Carthay.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Down with the Tide View Post
    I have my doubts about how successful an exclusive club would be. Club 33 is under such demand because of its history and link to Walt himself. A new club will never have that.

Not to say it wouldn't work at all, but I could not see it pulling a membership fee, or waiting list anything close to Club 33.
    I think Club 33 commands such a high price and has such a long waiting list because of what it is. It has a long history in the park and has an actual connection to Walt himself. A new "membership" restaurant in DCA wouldn't have the same history, it would just be another way for Disney to suck mega bucks out of the ones that have the money to be sucked out, and I don't thing the attraction to belong would be as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

Um... this might work... a regular restaurant for the general masses, and a special D23/AP membership part. Beings as I have both...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456