Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Question Carthay Circle Theatres Twitter Rumor? (Merged threads)

I heard a rumor that some one "Tweeted" a rumor that the Carthay Circle Theatre would have a restaurant in it, does any have a link to the "Tweet" I've searched for it but found nothing

• Addicted to MC since '08

Re: Carthay Circle Theatres Twitter Rumor?

Yes, a restaurant will be going in the theater. I believe Staggs or another top-dog confirmed it.

• Banned User

This happened a few weeks ago. I don't think it necessarily began with the tweet, but rather the tweet came about after it was on the message boards.

• 1375 miles away

I had read that it was possibly going to be a private club like Club 33 in Disneyland. Is this still the case? I hope not. I want the chance to go too and that just won't happen if it ends up being a private club.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• film975

Maybe it will be a situation like Blue Buyou. A regular sit down restaurant for the guests and an exclusive private club in part of it. I could see that working. DCA needs more sit down restaurants.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I heard a rumor that some one "Tweeted" a rumor
    So there's rumor of a rumor?

So if it wasn't true
    This thread would be a rumor that there's a rumor of a rumor...lol
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 02-19-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    I had read that it was possibly going to be a private club like Club 33 in Disneyland. Is this still the case? I hope not. I want the chance to go too and that just won't happen if it ends up being a private club.
    Oh, how I wish I could spill what information I have on the topic. Whether this will be an exclusive club or not is still in the discussion stages, and nothing has been decided. One thing that should be noted, though, is that there is very high demand for another Club33 type venue.

If anyone claims that it will indeed be an exclusive restaurant, they're simply engaging in rumor. I can tell you with certainty that no such thing has at this point been decided.

• 秘密のヘルツ

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Oh, how I wish I could spill what information I have on the topic. Whether this will be an exclusive club or not is still in the discussion stages, and nothing has been decided. One thing that should be noted, though, is that there is very high demand for another Club33 type venue.

If anyone claims that it will indeed be an exclusive restaurant, they're simply engaging in rumor. I can tell you with certainty that no such thing has at this point been decided.
    I think it'd be a mistake to make that particular restaurant exclusive. Everyone will know they're missing out and they won't be able to do anything about it unless they're exceedingly rich. I think the reason Club 33 works at all is because even if you know it exists, most people (who aren't fanboys/girls) don't even know where it is.

Everyone will see the Carthay as soon as they walk into DCA, and when they find out they can't go inside because they aren't rich enough, especially with the economy the way it is, people will complain. A lot.

That said... If there was some sort of exclusive club on a second floor and the first floor was not exclusive but was just some regular restaurant, I don't think ANYONE would mind.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

What happened to One Man's Dream?
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^from what I heard that got canceled a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Maybe it will be a situation like Blue Buyou. A regular sit down restaurant for the guests and an exclusive private club in part of it. I could see that working. DCA needs more sit down restaurants.
    So instead of watching POTC boats float by, the regular guests would watch the exclusive private club members eat dinner?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It's extremely disappointing that the building that is suppose to be the new central icon of the NEW entry area does not feature some sort of new major attraction. With the extreme makeover of DCA, much of Paradise Pier is getting new items including Ariel. Radiator Springs will feature 3 new attractions, BUT the "new" Buena Vista Street only gets a Red Car for atmosphere, but LACKS a star attraction, for star building on the new street! A restaurant is just a ridiculous idea for a "theater".

It's really somewhat surprising, especially since the majority of the makeover has been in the right direction. Why can't they figure out something out for this new star building?????

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

What much else could you do in reasonable limit with the Carthay? I mean there's a restaurant in WDW's Magic Kingdom's main icon. And all DL's has is a small, very well done walk through. I don't see why DCA's needs a huge, star attraction. I guess all the additional gates at WDW have attractions in their icons but not star attractions IMO.

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    So instead of watching POTC boats float by, the regular guests would watch the exclusive private club members eat dinner?
    You're not thinking 21st century. Virtual scenes played on the walls of the restaurant just like some of the staterooms on board one of the Disney cruise ships. Dine by the Blue Bayou? In a touch of a button. Dine by Knotts? Presto. Dine in the Oval Office? Why not!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    What much else could you do in reasonable limit with the Carthay? I mean there's a restaurant in WDW's Magic Kingdom's main icon. And all DL's has is a small, very well done walk through. I don't see why DCA's needs a huge, star attraction. I guess all the additional gates at WDW have attractions in their icons but not star attractions IMO.
    There are TWO lare nearby areas that WERE restaurants, and BOTH were closed, because DCA didn't need them, Playhouse Disney/Disney Jr sits where Soap Opera Bistro used to sit, right next door. And Hollywood and Dine was a HUGE dinning area that was transformed into the temporary Tron Arcade. And that STILL leave Award Wieners and Taste Pilot's Grill open and available as nearby restaurants (plus a food cart that barely needs to be open). Another restaurant is too much thinking like what helped fail DCA at it's opening. Attractions is what DCA needs. And Buena Vista street STILL LACKS a BIG ticket attraction.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast