Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

• Banned User

Re: Why Some Disney Fans Don't like the last 15 years of the Parks?

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Here let me spell it out for you.

In response to Wikipedia, which is the link you posted:

Why would you use a source that you think isn't accurate in a debate?
    Do you have evidence for what I pasted wasn't accurate? For general information, it is good enough. For anything deeper, I'll try harder. For you, not so much.

Let me spell it out to you. Do you also enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing? We can continue this a little longer. Thank you.

Oh, I love your cat.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well I started the this Thread saying the Nemo and Buzz and Pooh just were not up to the standards of HM, Indy or even Soarin....Disney HAS made some good things in the last few years but for the most part the rides have been VERY uninspired a just basic story rides with tech that is no cool enough to make up for the lack of quality that Disney used to put into rides.......but Carsland, Mermaid and Star Tour's I'm sure will be back to what most fans expect from a Disney theme park.

Wiggins, say what you want about Eisner, but he had WAY more class and style than the trash Iger's brought us. Eisner gave us the Grand Fla, Yacht and Beach, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom, Pleasure Island(it didnt get more adult that that), and, to his credit, DCA1.0 w/ NO CHARACTERS and equity entertainment. the Disney Channel was still realitvely "Disney" (even though Vault Disney had gone to late night in early 2000s). Iger has brought us........Zac Efron singing bad high scool pop THREE TIMES, Hannah Montana, the Nickelodeon-fication of the DChannel, screens creens screens (Nemo, Toy Story, Living Character), Meet the Robinsons, Bolt (YAWN), running away from its own hertiage w/ the Tangled fiasco. And at least Eisner knew how to corral top talent. Who is Iger working with these days? DelTorro? I mean thats prob about it.
    Oh yea and at least Eisner released ONE LAST TIME in the theater that little Southern movie bout Brer's that Iger is terrified of. Do you think Iger woulda greenlit Splash Mt today...???? PLEASE

• Disneyland freak!

^Del Torro is a fantastic Film maker.

• Disneyland freak!

Also, I have to agree with Jerrod. I think the Disney parks are starting an upswing and starting to do things in the right direction. Granted, most are movie and character based, but they are putting their creative caps back on.

AND AM I THE ONLY PERSON HERE WHO ENJOYS THE NEMO SUBS?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Both Eisner and Iger had their flaws but not in the same areas. Keeping in mind, that Eisner was better at his job before Frank Wells died but when the all operations of the company went to Eisner that's when things took a downturn. Eisner's upside was that he was giving us great ideas but was using the worst budgeting strategies to implement them...incomplete parks...generic rides...cheap studios for making Disney sequels...you get the idea.

Iger's willing to spend a bit more IMO and isn't sacrificing entire aspects of the company due to budget like Eisner was going to (2D animation) but I think he's putting his nose too much into the kiddie aspect of Disney than needs be. He needs to pull back a ways and let the Imagineers and storytellers do bold things instead of constantly playing it safe.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Embrace the kitsch!

deleted
    Last edited by Broadway Guru; 04-13-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: posted to wrong thread
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Banned User

yay Im glad this thread resurfaced!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    Bob Weaver - great, great, great, great, great, great post!
    I agree. He always has great posts. He and I must be of the same generation because I agree with almost everything he says and feels. Starting with his love for Nature's Wonderland. I just LOVED that attraction.

What I miss is the intellectual side of the park, and how it could make the intellectual fun. Tomorrowland, as we all know, has lacked that for some time. ATIS may have become archaic, but you got off of the attraction somewhat mesmerized. I get off Star Tours, not having really learned anything except how quickly a stomach can be turned upside down. It's an okay attraction, but been there done that....after the first or second time I rode it.

Buzz Lightyear.....been there done that after one visit. Appeals to the video game generation I guess, but nothing to learn there. I much preferred learning about America in 360 degrees.

Space Mountain? Passive thrills true. But there's room for one attraction like that. Jets....passive as well. Fun for the kids, and an original.

Mission to Mars and Flight to the Moon.....inspiring, with a didactic approach that fit the area. It, too, became archaic in its presentation, but it was an idea that should have been cultivated (much like ATIS) through an upgrading. I mean, they don't seem to have a problem keeping Star Tours for another 25 years through upgrade, but take an educational attraction and raze it....that's fine.

Heck, even America Sings....which wasn't exactly about "tomorrow," taught you a little something. I think the Carousel of Progress has much more potential as a return than something along the lines of Sings, and can even add something about tomorrow as part of its repertoire.

Even the Westside of the park elicited an interest to learn more....whether it was finding out about pirates and their impact on the gulf coast, learning about the likes of Mike Fink, Davy Crockett, Mark Twain (and Tom Sawyer), South Pacific Islands (a la the Tiki Room and Swiss Family Treehouse). Learning about the American frontier, American geography and history topics based on the Rivers of America.....it all came about when one walked through the Westside of the park. The sailing ship Columbia had a history. You wanted to learn more about what you were surrounded by at this end of the park.

I still love Disneyland though. And I especially love those things that are still around and bring out that invigorating enthusiasm to know more.

I guess though that some of us will just have to agree to disagree on our perspectives of what works at the park, and what doesn't.
    Last edited by CASurfer65; 04-22-2011 at 09:43 PM.

• Future Imagineer

^ I have always loved the more educational attractions as well. That's why I loved the original EPCOT Center so much. I do like the thrill rides like Space Mountain and Star Tours just as much. But I do wish there was more of a balance.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Zkynaston View Post
    Also, I have to agree with Jerrod. I think the Disney parks are starting an upswing and starting to do things in the right direction. Granted, most are movie and character based, but they are putting their creative caps back on.

AND AM I THE ONLY PERSON HERE WHO ENJOYS THE NEMO SUBS?

No, I dug them also... especially the jellyfish part.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516