• Banned User

Talking New costumes for the Characters in DCA?

So my question and I have been asking this, with the park going to the 1923 when Walt first came to L.A and going for that Victorian feel, what do you all think the character's costumes will reflect?
    As you know Mickey and Minne and the gang are on vacation at California Adventure and they wear their Vacation best. So with the transition I wonder how they will be dressed now, yes Mickey in his 2 piece in DL is nice but are we going to dress Minnie in a Victorian Dress with Parasol?
    Will Goofy wear suspenders in a more fashionable form? Will Donald finaly have pants?

I want to know what you all out there think of the costumes for the characters at DCA? Have some fun with this and be imaginative.

Re: New costumes for the Characters in DCA?

It would be cool to have the black and white mickey

I have not seen them in their vacation outfits in a while. I hope they bring them out again before they remove them after the remodel.

As far as the outfits, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FAB 5, also Chip & Dale, in black tie attire. How cute would it be to see Minnie in a shiny, glittery, gown... Mickey in a tux with a top hat. Except for I wouldn't put Donald in pants, I wouldn't like that. I also think it would be AMAZING if they brought out the characters they have on the walls that went up around the park for the construction. The 3 little pigs, Big Bad Wolf, etc.

• socal native

All of the artists renderings I have seen show a more Deco look, not Victorian. There is a huge difference between the two. For reference, the Victorian era of history closed with Queen Victoria's death in 1901. The next few years are often referred to as the Edwardian period (at least in England). But by 1923, a lot had happened in the world and in fashion (including WWI which impacted people's world view tremendously). With the changes of DCA to Burbank 1923, I think Disney would be better served to go the Deco route and introduce Jazz era fashions. May be Minnie can be a flapper?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by elsa View Post
    With the changes of DCA to Burbank 1923, I think Disney would be better served to go the Deco route and introduce Jazz era fashions. May be Minnie can be a flapper?
    I like that idea! maybe mickey in a zoot suit!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Fastest Man Alive

Rather than stick with 1920's fashion, I think (and this seems hinted at on the construction wall artwork), that they may go a different direction.

Have Mickey and Minnie wear their outfits from their original cartoons in the late 20's? Can't you see Mickey in his trademark button shorts, rather than the traditional tuxedo he walks around in. Minnie might be a tougher sell, since a topless female, cartoon mouse or not, is probably not what Disney wants talking around. But in any case, maybe like her current outfit, but rather than bow, she can her original hat with flower on it?
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It would be nice to bee the Big Bad Wolf, Oswald and "old" school Mickey and Minnie

• 秘密のヘルツ

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Rather than stick with 1920's fashion, I think (and this seems hinted at on the construction wall artwork), that they may go a different direction.

Have Mickey and Minnie wear their outfits from their original cartoons in the late 20's? Can't you see Mickey in his trademark button shorts, rather than the traditional tuxedo he walks around in. Minnie might be a tougher sell, since a topless female, cartoon mouse or not, is probably not what Disney wants talking around. But in any case, maybe like her current outfit, but rather than bow, she can her original hat with flower on it?
    This is exactly what I hope will happen. I hope it would also mean lots of 20s/30s style merchandise, like those Minnie Ear hats with the flower on them.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    I like that idea! maybe mickey in a zoot suit!
    While I would love to see Mickey in a zoot suit, it really doesn't fit the time period. Zoot suits came into fashion in the late 30's early 40's, and if the time period they are aiming at is the 20's it really wouldn't fit. But cool idea!

Flapper Mini would be awesome!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.