A fan's vision of WestCOT

For fun, I put together this conceptual site plan for WestCOT (along with some original EPCOT-style iconography:

I took most of the information I could find on the park (mainly based on the Tony Baxter lecture and the 1991 Disneyland Master Plan) and extrapolated what an idealized version WestCOT might be like.

It is triple-decker park:
    Lower Level: Concourses to the Wonders (Future World) pavilions and World Cruise Stops
    Ground Level: World Lagoon continents and Space Station Earth.
    Hotel Level: Resorts above pavilions.

Bigger views and in-depth Designer Notes can be found on my blog (link in signature).

• formerly very helpful

Re: A fan's vision of WestCOT

If only...

i just got back from Disney World last weekend, and we did Epcot....it was the dumbest park i have ever been to in my life, the biggest waste of money ever...i think we spent 2 hours there before my family and I couldnt take it anymore, so we left.....so why does it seem that everyone on this site wants a westcot? West Community of Tomorrow i dont even understand the name.
    Last edited by DreamImagineCreate; 02-22-2011 at 05:44 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    i just got back from Disney World last weekend, and we did Epoct....it was the dumbest park i have ever been to in my life, the biggest waste of money ever...i think we spent 2 hours there before my family and I couldnt take it anymore, so we left.....so why does it seem that everyone on this site wants a westcot? West Community of Tomorrow i dont even understand the name.
    I personally, think EPCOT is my favorite park at WDW. I'm sorry you feel that way...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Randy, I must say, you outdid yourself again.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

What if they'd wanted to expand, would they have been completely built up on opening day?

No Australia/South Pacific or African realms could go in later?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    i just got back from Disney World last weekend, and we did Epcot....it was the dumbest park i have ever been to in my life, the biggest waste of money ever...i think we spent 2 hours there before my family and I couldnt take it anymore, so we left.....so why does it seem that everyone on this site wants a westcot? West Community of Tomorrow i dont even understand the name.
    Epcot is usually people's favorite or second favorite park at WDW....it is a pretty unique park, did you even get to the World Showcase its pretty nice and a little educational....also the show at might is pretty amazing....

Back to the Topic....sir if I was a higher up for Disney I would hire you in a second. Great Work

How do you get to the J section of the park?

Thanks for those positive comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    How do you get to the J section of the park?
    Lower level concourses ("gangways" was a term used by Tony Baxter in describing it) & moving walkways - all built below the "ground level". Access to the lower level is via two big ramps near the front of the park and escalators/ramps below the Spacestation Earth sphere, as visible this artwork .

Lower level areas indicated by gray dotted lines in the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Thanks for those positive comments.

Lower level concourses ("gangways" was a term used by Tony Baxter in describing it) & moving walkways - all built below the "ground level". Access to the lower level is via two big ramps near the front of the park and escalators/ramps below the Spacestation Earth sphere, as visible this artwork .

Lower level areas indicated by gray dotted lines in the plan.
    Oh, wow, I had no clue that's how it was laid out. So these were underground passageways? Were they practical? It seems like there could be crowding/safety/evacuation issues.
    Last edited by Mojave; 02-22-2011 at 07:09 PM.

^ I don't know if any iteration of the actual WestCOT had underground passageways. This is just what I inferred from closely examining all the WestCOT materials I could find.