View Poll Results: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Which DLR Land & Version of Ride Would You Like To See?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Fantasyland, Motorboat areat/backstage area

11 36.67%
  • Woody's Round-Up Express - (Thru new Nature's Wonderland/Rainbow Caverns) - Frontierland

3 10.00%
  • Geyser Express - (Thru new Nature's Wonderland/Rainbow Caverns) - Frontierland

6 20.00%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train simulator - Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Theater

2 6.67%
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs simulator - Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Theater

2 6.67%
  • Brother Bear Wilderness Express - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

3 10.00%
  • Grizzly Peak Mine Train - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

16 53.33%
  • Country Bears Music Express - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

5 16.67%
  • Jungle Express Mine Train - Travels Thru Both Jungle Cruise & Indy ride areas

5 16.67%
  • Spirit of the Jungle Railway / or Other Idea

2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Should DLR Get A Seven Dwrarfs Mine Train? A Rethemed Version Of the Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'd rather they get something else that hasn't been done yet if they're going to fill in one of the last plots Disneyland can fill. For DCA, there is plenty to be done within the California theme to not need this.
    Well a simulator version of a classic film (predating the motion-based simulated theater ride/film experience) has never been attempted - let alone accomplished. A Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs simulator ride experience would be totally cool - especially if it were to be located at the upcoming new Carthay Circle Theater.

Uniquely themed train rides also fall under the category of "never-been-done", as well.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I can think of many train rides through mountains at parks around the world. Hardly original... I think that many better ideas can be developed for the parks compared to a movie motion simulator. Snow White only has a few scenes that would translate to motion well. The rest... not at all.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I can think of many train rides through mountains at parks around the world. Hardly original... I think that many better ideas can be developed for the parks compared to a movie motion simulator. Snow White only has a few scenes that would translate to motion well. The rest... not at all.
    A Snow White siimulator ride film with fun/thrilling effects and situations would only require a trained imagination.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Artistic integrity

As for the issue of cloning .. the poll does suggest a few ideas that borrow from the basic idea .. and not a direct lift from WDW's planned mine train ride.

My vote was for a train ride around Grizzly Peek. As that is the most likely, out of the entire list, as it's been a rumored idea for a few years now.

It's that kind of layering .. is what makes Disney "Disney".

You know ... they figured out how to route the Peoplemover over the existing Submarine Voyage showbuilding, and other structures in the way, back in '66/'67 Why not a close look at the super structure of Grizzly Peek .. and a way to have a train meander it's way through (?).

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    A Snow White siimulator ride film with fun/thrilling effects and situations would only require a trained imagination.
    ... No.. Not at all.

The idea that any "trained" imagination can come up with something fun is not a substitute for finding the best candidate for a ride technology. Its true that you could use the Kuka arm to tell the story of the three little pigs if you put enough imagination into it but it is simply more naturally suited to Harry Potter and therefor will yield a better ride in an easier and more natural execution. The Animated Classics are not well suited to a motion simulater base ride.

What really takes a trained imagination is thinking up something new instead of seeing a ride going in somewhere else and asking yourself "should that go here?" or taking the storyline from a movie and applying it to a technology already in use like the simulator base. At least, if were going to pretend there is some level of real imagination here, lets at least try to think of ride-systems that aren't currently being installed in the parks.

I haven't seen anything about the Snow White ride at MK.. Anyone have a link to an article about it or a video of what it'll be like or something?

But on this poll.. this was a tough one.. I was personally torn between adding something more to Frontierland or something more to the Yosemite area of DCA. In the end.. I had to go for Country Bears. Of course I'd want the original attraction to return, but bringing them back in a slightly new forum could work too.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Too bad Disneyland's Adventureland doesn't have the room for the theme I'd like to see with a mine car ride.
    YouTube - Donkey Kong Country - Mine Cart Carnage Playthrough
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

I would like to see the ride system used in a frontier land expansion!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Banned User

I'm like a lot of people on here. I really don't want to see a carbon-copy of it here and then lose our Snow White ride. I do, however, want to see a new ride in the Frontierland expansion that would utilize similar technology. It could go right next to the Rivers of America and be some really cool mine-cart adventure that goes through rainbow caverns and geyser fields. It could be a good cross-over of the Nature's Wonderland/Rainbow Caverns Mine train and the Snow White ride.

It would be good if they could step back from tying a potential new ride to a franchise, and just think about making it a rocking E-ticket experience. I fear even if there is a thought of being retro and revisiting a Rainbow Caverns type experience, it would end up being "The Seven Dwarves' Mine Train Through Natures Wonderland!"

isn't there talk of DL getting a beauty and the beast tea cart version of the ride?

• Hooterville, USA

BLAB is original and I don't hear people say that they have to ride it or their DL experience won't be complete.

So new isn't always the answer.

Me likey the 7 Dwarfs concept and anything that will make BLAB go away!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'd rather see the ride vehicles repurposed around Grizzly Peak but I'd expect to see this included in the Frontierland expansion instead. Unless they intend to bring a second coaster/mountain to Frontierland. I'd be surprised to see it appear in our Fantasyland since they're trying to give Florida's version it's own identity with this facelift.

• (Not a) New User

How about they use the system for an Aladdin ride escaping from the cave of wonders? It would be slower at first with AA's like a dark ride, and then he touches the lamp and it speeds up.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• 秘密のヘルツ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    How about they use the system for an Aladdin ride escaping from the cave of wonders? It would be slower at first with AA's like a dark ride, and then he touches the lamp and it speeds up.
    That would be awesome. I would love an Aladdin attraction. There are so many things you could do with something like that, you'd have to go out of your way to make it a bad ride. I'd also love if they could Adventureland bigger and theme the new part to Agrabah - if only there was space for anything like that.

And I would LOVE a Beauty and the Beast ride, but not a stupid "Belle always wears evening-wear because looks are all that matters to her because we don't understand her character" Princess-themed one. (Dear lord, if anyone had actually seen Beauty and the Beast recently, they'd realize Belle would probably run away to another country before she'd become a submissive only-wears-ballgowns 50's-style housewife/slave like all the stupid princess marketing would have you believe. *eyeroll*) I'd love it to be similar to the Snow White ride (i.e. dark, kind of scary, forest scene, etc), but with awesome 21st century technology.

Truth be told, I think every ride should be more like Indy than not... But since that probably won't happen, a Haunted Mansion-ish Beauty and the Beast ride (or maybe even something faster... like the Mine Train idea) would be AWESOME. Start it in Belle's village, take a while getting to the castle (spooky woods, yay), go through the scary castle, then a ballroom scene (since there's no way they'd leave it out), maybe Gaston's tavern, then the fight between the townsfolk & enchanted objects, Beast and Gaston fight, happy ending.

That one's on me, Disney. I did your work for you. Now go, make me happy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast