View Poll Results: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: Which DLR Land & Version of Ride Would You Like To See?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Fantasyland, Motorboat areat/backstage area

11 36.67%
  • Woody's Round-Up Express - (Thru new Nature's Wonderland/Rainbow Caverns) - Frontierland

3 10.00%
  • Geyser Express - (Thru new Nature's Wonderland/Rainbow Caverns) - Frontierland

6 20.00%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train simulator - Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Theater

2 6.67%
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs simulator - Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Theater

2 6.67%
  • Brother Bear Wilderness Express - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

3 10.00%
  • Grizzly Peak Mine Train - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

16 53.33%
  • Country Bears Music Express - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

5 16.67%
  • Jungle Express Mine Train - Travels Thru Both Jungle Cruise & Indy ride areas

5 16.67%
  • Spirit of the Jungle Railway / or Other Idea

2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Should DLR Get A Seven Dwrarfs Mine Train? A Rethemed Version Of the Ride?

What do you think as to whether the Disneyland Resort should get a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train like that of the one coming to the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland expansion? If not a train themed to Fantasyland, how about a rethemed train that incorporates the same ride system (including swinging cars that move left or right when hitting turns). A poll will be up soon.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Should DLR Get A Seven Dwrarfs Mine Train? A Rethemed Version Of the Ride?

no thanks.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

No, I don't think it's needed over here. While E-tickets like Space Mountain and Big Thunder are one thing, I think it's best when most of the other rides remain as park-specific as possible. I'm all for individuality.

At this point, I'm against clones.

why does everyone dislike it? i think its a really good idea for a ride and i wish they would bring it here!

Quote Originally Posted by jon328 View Post
    why does everyone dislike it? i think its a really good idea for a ride and i wish they would bring it here!
    I don't think its dislike for the idea as much as it is dislike of having another carbon-copy attraction.

• Banned User

I'm fine with clones myself. I want the original park to have the best stuff, so if another resort hits gold, I'm all for bringing it here. It does seem repetitive with a Snow White ride already working that uses mines, but that seems like a more legitimate argument against it, than "no clones".

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    No, I don't think it's needed over here. While E-tickets like Space Mountain and Big Thunder are one thing, I think it's best when most of the other rides remain as park-specific as possible. I'm all for individuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by taagsmash View Post
    At this point, I'm against clones.
    Quote Originally Posted by villagecreator View Post
    I don't think its dislike for the idea as much as it is dislike of having another carbon-copy attraction.
    Kritter, Princess Victoria, teagsmash and Villagecreator: The awesome new ride system could easily be used for a differently themed train ride that would be be a far cry from a carbon-copy clone. In my poll, I have suggested seven alternative train ride themes for lands other than Fantasyland. The trains would each look completely different, and the story and settings would also be unique. The only elements that would remain the same are the swinging cars that react to turns, and the slowing down of a train when passing through enclosed darkride portions of a ride.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I want them to use the ride system to make a ride in the "Redwood creek area" but it a clone...let WDW have somthing nice for once....besides its been too long since we have gotten an original ride.....plus i dont want to lose the Snow White ride

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by jon328 View Post
    Everybody isn't against it. Three of us would love to have a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - and our legions will grow! LOL! As I said in the previous post, a differently themed version of the attraction would be cool, too.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I'm fine with clones myself. I want the original park to have the best stuff, so if another resort hits gold, I'm all for bringing it here. It does seem repetitive with a Snow White ride already working that uses mines, but that seems like a more legitimate argument against it, than "no clones".
    I like your aptitude, Dauth Maul. It's much better to have the best attractions located reasonably close to one another (even if many of them are essentially clones) than it is to have them located miles apart as they are at WDW. Plus, WDW has cloned a lot of Disneyland's rides.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^yeah I mean they are good and bad things to clones....many just want exclusive stuff so there is a real reason to visit another park. Also no one wants to lose our Snow White ride...its good

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I want them to use the ride system to make a ride in the "Redwood creek area" but it a clone...let WDW have somthing nice for once....besides its been too long since we have gotten an original ride.....plus i dont want to lose the Snow White ride
    Yes. definitely Jerrod! A uniquely themed train ride (w/the same ride system) in the Redwood Creek and/or Grizzly Peak area(s) would be great. In my poll (which I thank you for participating in), three potential ideas are

1) Brother Bear Wilderness Express - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

2) Grizzly Peak Mine Train - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

3) Country Bears Music Express - Golden State, or rumored Yosemite land

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^yeah I mean they are good and bad things to clones....many just want exclusive stuff so there is a real reason to visit another park. Also no one wants to lose our Snow White ride...its good
    Exactly. It's far easier to create new ride themes than it is to develope happening new ride systems. A few complete clones (theme and system) at any given park are fine. Even so, I am much more concerned with having exclusively theming than a one-of-a-kind ride system. Unique ride systems rock like nothing else, though.,

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

I'd rather they get something else that hasn't been done yet if they're going to fill in one of the last plots Disneyland can fill. For DCA, there is plenty to be done within the California theme to not need this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast