Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Not a Minion

February 20, 2011 - Dapper Day at Disneyland

So on Sunday, February 20, 2011, was the first Dapper Day at Disneyland event. Organized through Facebook, this event was loads of fun (but had a much smaller attendance than expected).

So what exactly was Dapper Day? Well, here's the info posted on the facebook event page:
    Spend a day at the park in high style.

The original Disneyland designers frequently populated their renderings with guests who appeared dressed for a day of sophisticated entertainment - because this was Disneyland after all! A new, highly developed, exhaustively detailed entertainment experience. No flip-flops or cargo shorts here! These were men in sharp suits, toddlers working two-pieces, and ladies looking like pages from Dior's sketchbook - all as if a visit to Disneyland were on par with a night at the opera. And why shouldn't it be? That's what this day is about, realizing those designer's dreams that Disneyland be seen as the upscale escape that it is, filled with guests dressed appropriately for it.
    This event was loads of fun! I've always wanted to dress up to the park and this event was the perfect time to do it. Below are some of the pictures from the day:

Added Note: If any other micechatters participated, feel free to add your pictures

This was the first of this kind of event that I know of, but hopefully in the future, it will be better marketed and more people show up properly dressed for the occasion. For now, you can visit the DAPPER DAY for more pictures and hopefully for more info on future events.
    Last edited by ryanvalle; 02-22-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Re: February 20, 2011 - Dapper Day at Disneyland

Wow, you guys looked great! I love the pocket watch chain. What a fun idea!! Thanks for sharing your photos.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

What a great fun thing to do! Well it was only the first year, so a small turn out is ok! That just means the next one will be even bigger! Love the pictures, and of anyone else has any more that aren't on the official FB page I'd love to see them!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Had I known about this, I totally would have been there! Granted, I've been to the parks dressed in business casual (pencil skirt, high heels and all - and that's when the Dapper Dans finally picked me to be in the show squee!) for a few hours at times, but never for an entire day. Since I love to dress up, this is something I would totally do, as would my friends - we'd go all out.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

• Not a Minion

Oh, i wasn't there for the whole day - just from about 3 to 10pm. My feet were killing me by the time I got back to the car. haha. I'm sure others there were there much longer.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

if i lived like 3-4 hours closer i would have soooooooo gone! that just looks like so much fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    if i lived like 3-4 hours closer i would have soooooooo gone! that just looks like so much fun!
    Haha. It sure was! I loved being able to walk around the park and spotting others dressed up and just saying funny lines to them like "You look very dapper today" and just conversing about the other people we saw.

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

This is so awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

Haha thats preetty sweet! You guys all look really great and fancy!
    I know you I walked with you Once Upon a Dream...

• Banned User

I love the pics, I have seen a lot I had some friends go and do it, but I had to work at the park and was not able to attend. I wanted to so bad though, but I will def go next year. Have you thought of turning the pics into B&W? Wonder what they would look like that way. =)

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
    I love the pics, I have seen a lot I had some friends go and do it, but I had to work at the park and was not able to attend. I wanted to so bad though, but I will def go next year. Have you thought of turning the pics into B&W? Wonder what they would look like that way. =)
    Ooo b&w pictures. I havent tried it yet but will do it sometime tomorrow and will share my results if I feel they turn out looking good. When I first heard of the event, I right away knew I wanted that sepia faded look of early color images so black and white skipped my head, but I'll definitely try it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

These are my favorite pictures of them all!

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Minion

Very Cool! I wish I had known about it. I would have loved to join you.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

What a great idea! You all look wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Mischief Managed

Blog Entries

Excellent theme. So fitting to Disneyland. I actually saw the guy in the blue plaid suite on Sunday. It was amazing. haha..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast