Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Also remember that all of the attractions being "given" to the other parks would have been built whether it was Disneyland's 50th or not. Its just good PR for the company to call it a "celebration", which sort of makes it sting even more. Just give the "celebration" to us.
    Yup, WDW is being "given" new attractions/shows from other parks. They are getting Soarin' from DCA (or Disneyland) and Cinderallabration from TDL and the stunt show from Paris. So that makes 3 new things for WDW and Disneyland gets: Buzz, SM re-launched, new parade, new fireworks show, and what it was most in need of... PAINT! However, both WDW and DL get too much junk placed on the castles if you ask me.

In MN many people do go to WDW and FL only. I try to talk to my guests at the Disney Store about DL and try to get it their heads to check it out. I'm not sure if it works, but I am the only one who really knows about Disneyland and ticket prices. Although we are technically a "WDW store" and the more west you go, you get "DL stores". I love Disneyland os much and know it so well that I get lost and confused in WDW MK. Sad, huh?

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfanatic
    Thank You!!!!
    I don't think they should be left out, they should be Less Extravagant, and give the funds to DLR, we need the new rides, and we need to fix DCA, not give other resorts the new rides.
    I agree entirely...the other parks get more attention than the park having the anniversary.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfanatic
    I don't think they should be left out, they should be Less Extravagant, and give the funds to DLR, we need the new rides, and we need to fix DCA, not give other resorts the new rides.
    The money is being spent to fill hotel rooms.

2000 hotel rooms in Disneyland... already running 87% full on an annual basis. 20,000 hotel rooms in Disney World running 77% full, with several sections "shut down".

They are NOT going to spend million of dollars to fill 2,000 hotel rooms that are already going to be full even if they spend nothing.

The choice wasn't:
    1) Spend the Money at Disney World.
    2) Spend the money at Disneyland.

Option 1 was THE ONLY OPTION since it has the hotel rooms that need filled!

The choice was:
    1) Spend the money at Disney World in an advertising campaign about Disney parks 50th anniversary.
    2) Spend the money at Disney World in an advertising campaign themed to something other than Disney parks 50th anniversary.

• It's all nonsense

Will the other parks be doing a very extravagant parade and fireworks show like DL is doing?

• Diamond In The Rough

Here in the UK we get an edited version of the "look who's coming home" ad for DLRP, but it makes it pretty clear that it's all in aid of DL's anniversary.

What nobody seems to have mentioned is all the (badly needed) refurb work that DL is getting - granted it's not a e-ticket attraction, but returning it to the best possible condition after years of neglect is an important, long-term project.
    What better way to celebrate an anniversary than ensuring the park looks as good as it did on opening day?

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• now on the mainland

It just seems like a cheap marketing scam that everyone can see through. It reeks with Michael Eisner! I can just hear him saying at one of his meetings, "Hey! Let's advertise all the parks instead of just Disneyland. We'll pull in larger profits that way". Living here in VA, I know more people who want to go to DL than WDW for DL's 50th.

• Diamond In The Rough

Not living anywhere near any of the parks, I'm not biased in any particular direction but I can see how this topic would bring up people's geographical allegiances...

Surely the Disney marketing dept have missed a trick by explaining to the "general" public that DL was the very first park and that's why it's being celebrated throughout the company.
    It explains why nothing happened in DL on WDW's anniversary etc and makes this landmark even more important.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel

2000 hotel rooms in Disneyland... already running 87% full on an annual basis. 20,000 hotel rooms in Disney World running 77% full, with several sections "shut down".
    That is sort of my point on my argument regarding the need to add value/super-value hotels and a DVC that are considered "on property" for DL... It would solve most of these issues and a few others as well...
    Check out my other blog:

• I was deleted.

Haha, Disney and it's marketing. I'm actually writing a paper on this for one of my classes. Go figure. Thanks for everything you've been saying. Hopefully this will make my paper stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Disney also requires OLC to make sure the Disney name is not tarnished by this arrangement.
    I doubt that there is any danger of that ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel

They are NOT going to spend million of dollars to fill 2,000 hotel rooms that are already going to be full even if they spend nothing.

The choice wasn't:
    1) Spend the Money at Disney World.
    2) Spend the money at Disneyland.

Option 1 was THE ONLY OPTION since it has the hotel rooms that need filled!

The choice was:
    1) Spend the money at Disney World in an advertising campaign about Disney parks 50th anniversary.
    2) Spend the money at Disney World in an advertising campaign themed to something other than Disney parks 50th anniversary.
    Good point.

I wonder though, if the 3 Disney Hotels in Anaheim are that full, why haven't they built/bought another one? The Hilton comes to mind. They could expand the monorail to bring guests over. Just a thought.

• Stay Positive

Let's show the neglect of DLR to WDW

DLR New rides in past 10 years(exluding the pile that is DCA) :
    Winnie the Pooh
    Innoventions
    Orbitor
    Rocket Rods (now closed)
    Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
    Tarzan's Treehouse
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
    Gadget's Go Coaster
    Buzz Lighter Astro Blasters
    There may be more, but this is what i can think of, now how many of these are a MUST DO:
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
    Buzz Lighter Astro Blasters

Now on to WDW
    Mission Space
    Soarin'
    Mickey's PhilharMagic
    Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    Stitch
    Expedition EVEREST

Please please please expand on this, i cant think of anymore, i know there is alot more, and out of all these rides, i would go on all them

So disneyland gets the cheap rides+high campaining for it=profites, but not fun

WDW gets the good rides, and then we get the clones

yea this isn't that good, but you get my point
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place–a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I agree that it is time to spend more money on DL's hotels. DL needs another themed hotel. There is plenty of room adjacent to the DL Hotel (behind the PPH).

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    I agree that it is time to spend more money on DL's hotels. DL needs another themed hotel. There is plenty of room adjacent to the DL Hotel (behind the PPH).
    DL needs a DVC hotel...
    Check out my other blog:

• something else...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    What nobody seems to have mentioned is all the (badly needed) refurb work that DL is getting - granted it's not a e-ticket attraction, but returning it to the best possible condition after years of neglect is an important, long-term project.
    What better way to celebrate an anniversary than ensuring the park looks as good as it did on opening day?
    Good point. I think it's just the fact that people are still angry because all the refurbs HAD to be done due to past management. Everyone is glad to have it, but it really shouldnt have had to have been for the 50th. The park should always be in a beautiful condition. (and hopefully the pavement won't be like it was on opening day...)
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast