Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Stay Positive

Whats with WDW and hating disneyland

People complain that Disneyland is taking over Other Disney Resorts....lets see, isn't it Disneylands 50th, not DLP, or WDW.
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy placeľa place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• wasting time

I think other resorts should be left out of the celebration.

BTW: Welcome to MiceChat!

• Stay Positive

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion

Thank You!!!!
    I don't think they should be left out, they should be Less Extravagant, and give the funds to DLR, we need the new rides, and we need to fix DCA, not give other resorts the new rides.
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy placeľa place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."

Totally agree. When Its WDW's anniversary I doubt they will give DLR all new rides and the like..
    Remain Seated Please..... :o

I respectfully disagree.
    I think that their "world-wide celebration" is good business and, although we all hate to admit it, more paying guests at any park is better for APs. I do dislike the fact that Disney doesn't always mention what they are celebrating in their ads.
    I didn't say a word.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfanatic
    Thank You!!!!
    I don't think they should be left out, they should be Less Extravagant, and give the funds to DLR, we need the new rides, and we need to fix DCA, not give other resorts the new rides.
    Totally. We haven't had an E Ticket ride in DL since Indy.
    It's time to do something big, Disney Suits...

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Yeah, I was like what the hell when I heard they were giving all theese new attractions to WDW and TDL. We are the ones who should be getting everything. Its our 50th anniversary, not theirs. When the magic kindom celebrated 25th anniversary, we didnt get anything.

TDL is not owned by the WD Co.

• Stay Positive

I say PEOPLE MOVERS!!!!

And NO movie tie ins, look at POTC and HM, the 2 greatest rides in every Disney park, we need a ride like that, also reminds me of a funny experience, when i was going on, a little girl was crying her head off scared and begging to leave, and after the ride, she screams "LETS DO THAT AGAIN!!!!"
    - Anthony Burgess

• dreams do come true

The problom is the money stays were it is made. and WDW has more parks to make money from therfore they have more money to spend. Yes it is the same companie but they do not share the bugdet.

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz
    TDL is not owned by the WD Co.
    It is but only a tiny percentage. It's mostly owned by the Oriental Land Co.

Anyone know what the percentages are ?

• Stay Positive

I think this also show what Eisner thinks about Disneyland, its our 50th, and yet other parks get new rides, more budget, more everything. All Hail Mat Ouimet (hope i spelled it right), if it weren't for him, we would have buzz, the new tommorow land, all the cool things for the 50th, new subs, new everything!
    - Anthony Burgess

• Puppy Cuddles

This is all just part of a larger trend I've noticed. Everyone thinks that WDW is so much better than DL. I never understood it, having grown up in the area and spending so many of my formative years there. I've always been bitter about the fact that WDW gets everything first and by the time we have the same rides, it's almost old news. I'm so excited about the 50th anniversary and though I like the idea of everyone celebrating DL for once in a *long time* I almost wish that it got something entirely its own.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Banned User

I go to WDW its so lame compared to DL. Sure its a nice resort to visit but the actual rides suck..Half of them are inferior clones of Disneyland classics (IASW, POTC) and the other half pale in comparision (ex: Indiana Jones is far better than "dinosaur")

• враг народа

Blog Entries
    It is but only a tiny percentage. It's mostly owned by the Oriental Land Co.

Anyone know what the percentages are ?
    The Oriental Land Company is the sole owner of the Tokyo Disney Resort.

There are subsidiaries responsible for certain aspects of the park's operations, but only a few are not wholely owned subsidiaries. And Disney has no stake in those that are not.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast