Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Cast Member

Exclamation Best Disney Video EVER!

Hey guys! I am a fellow Disney lover/addict, and within the past couple years I have become a Youtube lover/addict. In September of 2009, I discovered this family on Youtube known as the "Shaytards". They create 'home videos' daily and pload them for their viewers to watch. Ever since that September day in 2009, I have been hooked and watched every since day! (I know, crazy, right?) This family is amazing, happy, and quite hilarious! They go by the names of Shaycarl, Mommytard (and Katielette), Sontard, Princesstard, and Babytard. (But in this video there is also a Fetustard but it later known as Rocktard) This video is of their first family trip to Disneyland.
    Now, I don't know about you, but having both of my favorite things in one video is mind blowing extravaganza! I love this video and have probably watched over a hundred times!

I wanted to share this video with everyone and hear what you think about them!
    And maybe you might get as addicted to them as me???

Re: Best Disney Video EVER!

hahahaha that video is hilarious!!!! (: thanks for shareing
    ~~Tell me princess now when did you last let your heart decide??~~
    **They say of you dream a thing more than once, its sure to come true**
    <3 A Dream is a wish your heart makes <3
    : )The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake( :

Hey OP,

Thanks for sharing something that you really like with us. This review is of no offense to you or your love of the "Shaytards". That being said, I'm good on NEVER seeing this guy again. It is a huge pet peeve of mine when people scream comments incessantly while they are on rides (like this guy on Peter Pan, Teacups, Winnie the Pooh). It's like every jewel out of his mouth is worthy of the whole world's attention. I understand that he's just looking to have fun and capture some memories on film, but he just comes across as narcissistic to me. This guy needs to realize that he's not the primary source of entertainment - the attractions are.

However, one good thing that can be said - he does seem like a good dad who has fun with his kids. I'd rather this than some parents I've seen at Disneyland who seem like they could care less about their children.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

My sister is addicted to this Shay Tard thingy. She watch their video like every freakin day.

I usually don't watch his video. I would sometime skim through it.

I remember I would leave a message telling him to take his family to Disneyland before he move back to Idaho.

oh, we also sat next to Shaytard at the taping of Jimmy Kimmel Show two years ago in August of 2009. Plus, I was standing side-by-side with him during the Pitbull concert @ Jimmy.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 02-26-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• At the bottom

I watched about 30 seconds of it. I couldn't imagine why anyone would watch 23 minutes.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    Hey OP,

Thanks for sharing something that you really like with us. This review is of no offense to you or your love of the "Shaytards". That being said, I'm good on NEVER seeing this guy again. It is a huge pet peeve of mine when people scream comments incessantly while they are on rides (like this guy on Peter Pan, Teacups, Winnie the Pooh). It's like every jewel out of his mouth is worthy of the whole world's attention. I understand that he's just looking to have fun and capture some memories on film, but he just comes across as narcissistic to me. This guy needs to realize that he's not the primary source of entertainment - the attractions are.

However, one good thing that can be said - he does seem like a good dad who has fun with his kids. I'd rather this than some parents I've seen at Disneyland who seem like they could care less about their children.
    I half agree with you. I don't like it when people do that either, but this guy seems like he's just having a good time with his family, and for that I excuse the fact that he is yelling. I think what bothers me more is when kids around the age of 14-17 do this sort of thing, to impress their friends or to just simply be obnoxious. I didn't watch all 23 minutes of this but I did skip through it. I got a few laughs. Thanks for sharing the video, OP.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Down with the Tide View Post
    I watched about 30 seconds of it. I couldn't imagine why anyone would watch 23 minutes.
    this. i mean, there has to really be NOTHING on in order to watch all 23 minutes of that stuff.

I watched about 5 minutes of this...when is the good part?

Quote Originally Posted by readandburn View Post
    I watched about 5 minutes of this...when is the good part?

Haha I totally agree. I skipped through the 23 minutes to try to find some redeeming qualities. I stopped when they were on Peter Pan (ugh), Teacups (Ohhhhhh my God), and then Pooh which put the final nail in the coffin.

I have a feeling the "-tard" children will someday curse Youtube.

•   
    • Minion

I made it through it. At least it looks like he has fun. I wouldn't be too happy if I was on any of the rides with them though

• my favorite sociopath

This is good on YouTube, but I had been there with him. I would have beaten him with a light saber.

• Minion

I do watch his daily vlogs, and this is one of my favorites. Yes, he is loud, but actually if anyone told him to be quieter he probably would oblige. He also isn't being that loud on Peter Pan, probably only the people in front of him could hear his talking. Yelling on the teacups also didn't bug me. That is one of the few rides I'm fine with screaming.

Tikiroom mentioned that he seems narcissistic. I understand that he isn't everyone's cup of coffee, but he actually talks about how lucky he is all the time. I also doubt any of the "tards" will curse youtube one day. This is how they make all their money. This IS his job.

Also, Babytard is on the knew James Blunt album. Just wanted to throw that out there

• Banned User

I hate how they label their kids as "tards."

• Minion

Disneyland was created for folks like these guys. That's enjoyment. And with family. And he makes friends along the way too. I definitely could sit by him. I'd be the quiet tard.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

I decided to take on the challenge in seeing if there was anything interesting even tho its gotten negative remarks. Here are my moments worth mentioning.

Highlights:

Little girl said "I like the Ariels" after riding Peter Pan 4:20

On Alice
    Shay - we smoked some bowls, now we're ready to go!
    Mommy - What?
    Shay - I dunno, what?
    8:11

The bridge at Small World will always be known as the cleavage bridge now. 10:15

Someone throwing a bread roll from blue bayou to their boat on pirates 14:08

Christian Bale without guides - woot (bad show on Shay tho to get his attention while he is talking to his kid) 23:00

Seeing his children's faces on video with the light from a cell phone in the haunted mansion stretching room was pretty neat.. Their eyes were huge. 18:32

Good fathering tip: always do the sound effects for your kid when he plays with a light saber. 18:53

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast