• Banned User

Mickey Mouse Club

Back in the mid 1950's, when the Mickey Mouse Club was on TV, we didn't have a TV so I watched it from a neighbor's front porch through their window. My parents saw how much I LOVED the show and, somehow, got me joined up as a Mousecateer. I received a big certificate, ears, and a patch with my name on it in the mail. I saved it for many years, and when I got back from Vietnam, it had disappeared. My brother claiming he knew nothing about it. Anyway, just wanted to share a very special part of my Disney experience. Thanks

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Re: Mickey Mouse Club

Sorry about your loss of your personal items. Hopefully you will be able to replace them at some point. The Mickey Mouse Club was special to me, as well. I loved Spin and Marty!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My mom watched the 50's version when she was a kid. I watched the 70's version when I was a kid.

•   

I loved the Mickey Mouse club I use to watch the reruns of the fiftys ( I'm 47 ) I use to wish I was on the show

I enjoyed the MMC in the late 70's! I even had an album containing songs from the show!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by michaeleisner View Post
    Back in the mid 1950's, when the Mickey Mouse Club was on TV, we didn't have a TV so I watched it from a neighbor's front porch through their window. My parents saw how much I LOVED the show and, somehow, got me joined up as a Mousecateer. I received a big certificate, ears, and a patch with my name on it in the mail. I saved it for many years, and when I got back from Vietnam, it had disappeared. My brother claiming he knew nothing about it. Anyway, just wanted to share a very special part of my Disney experience. Thanks
    Great story. Thanks for sharing. How cool to see the birth of Disney magic from its earliest of incarnations. Movies to television to the ultimate in theme parks.

• Banned User

Ok, am I the ONLY one who noticed the guys user name and thought "So then he tried to destroy the company he once loved from the inside"?

• Blew By You

I used to watch the reruns. It was the best thing to watch after school. My dad said that at bars, the patrons would bet on which way would Donald Duck get gonged.

• Banned User

Oh, my goodness, noleafclove, I am not Really michael eisner, did you really think I was?