• The Rescuers Down Under

3 3.37%
  • Hercules

11 12.36%
  • The Emperors New Groove

10 11.24%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Whats your favorite Under Rated Disney Animated Film?

Quote Originally Posted by jupitertronic View Post
    I voted Hercules, but when I read the thread title, what came to mind was the Great Mouse Detective. I love that movie.
    The Great Mouse Detective is one of my favorites!!! it's such a great story...I miss that hand-Drawn look where you can see the sketchmarks on the characters as they move and bend

I think Black Cauldron scared me a little too much as a kid.
    I really enjoyed The Great Mouse Detective as a child, but I haven't seen it in such a long time that I'm not sure if it's that "great" of a film. I also really liked the Rescuers Down Under

i really LOVE The Hunchback of Notre Dame, it's one of my favorite disney movies of all times

• Banned User

Emperors New Groove is winning
    uh oh guys. Black Cauldron and Hunchback are tied!!!
    Rescuers Down Under is finally on the Map
    poor, poor Atlantis...lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

In that list of movies, either I REALLY like the movie, or I REALLY dislike the movie. The four I like are:

Treasure Planet - I really enjoyed the space-pirates take on this old classic story. And the visuals were phenomenal! Also, they blended CGI and traditional animation better than any other movie I’ve seen.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - This movie is certainly not underrated. The special effects in this movie were amazing, and we will never see animation done in this same way ever again. Musical score was well done. And the scene with Mickey and Bugs, and Donald and Daffy are amazing!

Hercules - Absolutely LOVE this movie. Definitely enjoy re-watching this movie. The villain is particularly well done and unique. Great story, great look for the movie. Good songs. I REALLY want to see this movie turned into a dark ride, where you can ride Pegasus down into the underworld all the way up to Mount Olympus!

The Emperor’s New Groove - ANOTHER GREAT movie, and very much re­-watchable. And it was successful mostly due to great word of mouth. Disney did practically nothing in advertising this movie, which was a shame. Great story, a lot of fun, love the villain and her sidekick. I would really like to see Disney make another movie with this same type of humor.

And I would add one movie to the list, Home on the Range. No, I don’t like the 3 main cows in the movie, nor do I care for much of the story, however, the songs and the music in this movie are Fantastic! And even done by some of country’s greatest! And I love the opening song and animation. I and Really like the Villain in the movie, with his yodeling hypnotizing song. And the Wiley boys add to the fun. Too bad they dropped the boy from the story. That would have made the story a lot more appealing.

One other movie that would probably get you a pretty decisive stand is Brother Bear. Personally, I really wanted to like the movie, but just can’t stand it.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 02-26-2011 at 08:27 PM.

• Banned User

Hercules Dark Ride would be sweet!!! there's a couple Animated films I'd love to see turned into a dark ride

• Minion

I voted Atlantis. Great characters, fantastic production design and I'd love to see Disney do more Sci-Fi/Action stuff.

Hunchback and Emperor's New Groove are also up there.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Oliver and company! So good

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I voted Atlantis. Great characters, fantastic production design and I'd love to see Disney do more Sci-Fi/Action stuff.

Hunchback and Emperor's New Groove are also up there.

FINALLY!!! I thought I was the only one that really like Atlantis!!! yay!~

• Blew By You

Treasure Planet by far. The animation is beautiful.

• Banned User

Lots of great comments/insights! keep it up guys!! (secretly sad that The Black cauldron is losing lol)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Love Atlantis: The Lost Empire. The designs are awesome and love the kind of "experts on a mission"/sci-fi pulp plot, the music, the monster parade sequence, and the rest. A shame it isn't better regarded, and I definitely liked it better as a whole even more than things like Princess and the Frog/Meet The Robinsons/etc etc.

Black Cauldron has stuff I like and elements I thought were very good, but as a overall film, kind of lacks depth or sustained awesome. Roger Rabbit, love it, but don't really think of it as under rated...seems to get plenty of recognition from fans that I've seen and even has it's own ride.

My favorite underrated disney animated film would have to be The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Come on... EPIC MUSIC, EPIC CLIMAX. I think the only reason it was somewhat overlooked was because it was so dark and strangely intense for a Disney animated movie.

On another note, my favorite underrated disney live-action film is Return to Oz. Nobody knows what it is or that it ever existed, but it is hands-down one of the greatest fantasy movies of all time. It's just too bad the Eisner regime buried it because it was previous management's work.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Drewfilmboy View Post
    My favorite underrated disney animated film would have to be The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Come on... EPIC MUSIC, EPIC CLIMAX. I think the only reason it was somewhat overlooked was because it was so dark and strangely intense for a Disney animated movie.

On another note, my favorite underrated disney live-action film is Return to Oz. Nobody knows what it is or that it ever existed, but it is hands-down one of the greatest fantasy movies of all time. It's just too bad the Eisner regime buried it because it was previous management's work.
    I remember seeing return to Oz back in the eighties, I have to agree it was pretty awesome, I dunno if it was on the world of disney on sunday nights or what, but you're right, i remember it being epic

I'll admit I haven't seen Rodger Rabbit yet, but I swear it's in my Netfilx queue
    Does this make me a bad Disney fan??? :]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast