• The Rescuers Down Under

3 3.37%
  • Hercules

11 12.36%
  • The Emperors New Groove

10 11.24%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Whats your favorite Under Rated Disney Animated Film?

part of me thinks the only reason some of these films were underrated (post disney renaissance) was that Pixar was releasing hit after hit and 2D films were shoved to the way side...I could be wrong. Treasure Planet's combining the 2 was executed beautifully...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ToyStoryManiac View Post
    I'll admit I haven't seen Rodger Rabbit yet, but I swear it's in my Netfilx queue
    Does this make me a bad Disney fan??? :]
    no lol, I havent seen Roger Rabbit since like 1992 (we have it on VHS)
    I have to admit, Ive never seen Hercules yet

• keh!

The Hunchback of course!! i was fascinated (and still am) when the movie first came out at how beautiful the animation and backgrounds are!! so much detail. loved the way they executed the medieval setting. it's really underrated.

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, of course it's obvious which movie my sisters and I would vote for. But we liked some of the other movies mentioned, too.

ORGOCH: I's a big fan a Sword in the kidney Stone, since ol' Mad Madame Mim's my best brewin' buddy. We been bent over a cauldron more times than my big, fat sister--Orwen--has gone an' shoved a Krispy Kreme down that big mouth a hers!

ORWEN: I like Sword in the Stone, too, even though it didn't make the list. I wish they'd bring Merlin back to the parks. He's been on unemployment insurance way too long by now. I'm afraid he'll become homeless soon!

ORDDU: I'd also like to agree with the duckling who mentioned a certain live action movie--Return to Oz--as being sorely under appreciated. That movie came out the same year as ours. We do wish it had been a musical, though. That might have saved it.

ORGOCH: Heck! Addin' some songs ta the mix would a saved US!!! I'm still mad that somebody went an' stole my idea fer a song in Black Cauldron. Now nobody's ever gonna' git ta hear us sing 'Who Let the Frogs out?"

•   
    • Minion

I love treasure planet

• Minion

I like both Hunchback and Hercules.

I love Hunchback because of the beautiful animation, amazing songs, and how the themes are much different than any other Disney movie.

I love Hercules because of the unique animation, great variety of song genres, and great characters.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I'm not voting because The Great Mouse Detective is not on there.

• What Time Taught Us

Hercules and Hunchback, definitely. They're actually my favorite Disney movies overall. Also love Emperor's New Groove. I'm actually shocked how underrated Hunchback of Notre Dame is cause it's SO GOOD.

I'd vote for Bolt.

• All-American

Roger Rabbit is outstanding, and I'm a huge fan, but I'm not sure I would call it underrated, seeing as it was critically well-received and a financial success. I think you could make the case that it isn't remembered much today though, especially compared to Little Mermaid which came out only a year later.

I voted Treasure Planet, for a number of reasons. The film came out when I was 12 and was everything a preteen boy could want from a movie (Pirates in space? Rock music? Flying surfboards!? ). But now I can appreciate it for its incredible animation, which in my opinion Disney still has yet to match, as well as its great soundtrack and visual mix of old-fashioned and sci-fi. I think during the late 1990s/early 2000s, Disney struggled with the difficult question of whether to stick with/further hand-drawn animation, or to follow the popular route of becoming a computerized studio, and Treasure Planet, which beautifully blurred the line between the two to the point you could no longer distinguish between what was digital and was painted, seemed to me like the perfect solution. It just came across as incredibly ambitious and something that would have been right up Walt's alley.

Of the other films, I liked Emperor's New Groove, which was both a little offbeat and very funny, as well as the Rescuer's Down Under, which was the rare example of a sequel which greatly outshines its predecessor.

For me it is The Rescuers (the original, not Down Under), and in second place, The Fox and the Hound. I loved Hunchback too though.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I voted "Hunchback." It's a great film with dark themes that unfortunately didn't sit well with audiences.

• Future Skipper

I voted for Hunchback, because although I love Roger Rabbit, I don't think it's that underrated. I think just most people don't know it's Disney, so they don't bring it up in conversation about their favorite Disney films.

• Es-ca-pay!

It was a toss up between Hercules and Emperor's New Groove for me. In the end, I went with Hercules because it seems to be the most underrated of the two. Emperor's New Groove is funny, but I love the songs in Hercules. They get stuck in my head all the time!

for me its a tie between who framed roger rabbit and the emperors new groove

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast