Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion of Chernabog

Re: Will The Little Mermaid be operational during World of Color?

I assume Disney probably thought of this, since the two were designed at about the same time. They probably have a plan for how to run during WoC.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

• Minion

i think it will stay open cuz the rides the colse down are in the way of the show or they use it for seating licke the mickey fun wheel is use for prop duriing the show and smame with ca screenming and will gofy sky coster get cloesd during the show
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan4ever View Post
    i think it will stay open cuz the rides the colse down are in the way of the show or they use it for seating licke the mickey fun wheel is use for prop duriing the show and smame with ca screenming and will gofy sky coster get cloesd during the show
    Toy Story Midway Mania stays open during the show and Goofy's Sky School will stay open as it did when it was Muholland Madness before it closed for the makeover.

TLM should stay open as long as the lines don't interfere with WoC Guest control. I'm sure that Disney will confirm in a few months wether or not it will close for WoC (but I will say that it will not for the obvious reasons)

And while Silly Symphony Swings, Jumpin Jellyfish and Golden Zeypher do close for the show, on nights where they have 2 shows, these three will re-open in between shows then close down again for the next show.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Disneyland History Lover

I'd wager that if Pirates and Haunted Mansion can remain open during Fantasmic, Little Mermaid can remain open during World of Color.

• Banned User

No way will they shut this down! Without a doubt this will be the most popular ride in DCA in years! Everyone is going to want ride it at least once. Shutting it down in the last hours would be a PR dsaster. And if they can keep tsm open, this shouldnt be too hard at all.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I don't know if it'll be the most popular ride in years, as much as I'd like it to be. Being that it's omnimover and a dark ride at DCA makes me believe it's popularity will start to slim after the initial couple of months, like Monsters Inc which I rarely see with a line, ever, and those cars stop and go. Also keep in mind, Soarin' still packs a line, as well as Tower of Terror, while Toy Story constantly has a queue the size of at least 40 minutes. If my calculations are correct, TLM will have about an hour line for the first couple of months then drop down to a mere 15 mins even on peak days after about a year.

*And I do know in no regard that line equals popularity as riders per hour is the judge of that. Which makes me wonder, what is the RPH on it?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    I assume Disney probably thought of this, since the two were designed at about the same time. They probably have a plan for how to run during WoC.
    That's what I thought for the first few performances of WOC but as it turned out Disney had no idea what they were doing as far as managing the crowds. I don't have alot of faith that they will know what to do if the lines are outside the indoor que.

My guess is they will either have the line go out towards Paradise Pier or out towards Grizzly Peak.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    No way will they shut this down! Without a doubt this will be the most popular ride in DCA in years! Everyone is going to want ride it at least once. Shutting it down in the last hours would be a PR dsaster. And if they can keep tsm open, this shouldnt be too hard at all.
    Most popular ride in years? Have some really high hopes there do ya? That's what people were saying about WOC. That it would be be the best show EVER. Guess what? It's not. It will be popular for a while I'm sure but not for too long.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    Most popular ride in years? Have some really high hopes there do ya? That's what people were saying about WOC. That it would be be the best show EVER. Guess what? It's not. It will be popular for a while I'm sure but not for too long.
    Uh, i think people are misinterpreting what im sayin here. No, i'm not sayin it will be the most popular ride for years, i just meant it will be the most popular since the last big attraction opened at DCA and that would be either tot or tsm. And tsm opened 3 years ago already. And considering CL will open 1 short year later, even that may not last long. But for now, everyone will be cramming to see this ride, bein both a famly ride and based on a popular film. Hope thats better. And Woc seems to still be crazy popular from what i can tell. Has something changed?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    What are you talking about WOC busted DCA day attendance numbers through the roof....It's VERY VERY popular and it's not going to show done considering they'll be adding new parts to the show about every year PLUS special endings like Tron and Cars 2.....so no it will almost always be packed for the next 10-20 years..like Fantasmic

As for Mermaid...its in a GREAT location and based on a movie that has need a ride for 20 years now...ohh yeah it going to have lines for a while too even if it used the HM system

• Banned User

Woc still seems to be crazy busy and still sells out daily. Maybe not as crazy as before but thats to be expected. And with Woc and LM in the same section, this section will be a crowded area for a long time. Kind of funny since this area use to be soo dead!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12