View Poll Results: What Animated Film should be turned into a Dark Ride?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sleepy Hollow

9 9.78%
  • Sword in the Stone

6 6.52%
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire

4 4.35%
  • The Great Mouse Detective

2 2.17%
  • Aladdin

27 29.35%
  • Hercules

7 7.61%
  • The Black Cauldron

2 2.17%
  • Robin Hood

10 10.87%
  • The Jungle Book

7 7.61%
  • The Princess and the Frog

18 19.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

What Disney Animated Classic/Movie would you like to see as a Dark Ride? In DL or DCA

I know theres more Animated Classics than what is on the poll...this poll is for fun only...I would LOVE to hear your Ideas

I know there's on-going Debate about there being too many "thrown together" dark rides in the resort...namely PIXAR themed rides.
    I personally would love to see Ichabod Crane/Sleepy Hollow turned into a Dark Ride
    or Sword in The Stone
    What do you think?
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 02-26-2011 at 08:22 PM.

• Banned User

Re: What Disney Animated Classic/Movie would you like to see as a Dark Ride? In DL or

Personally, I'd like to see Ichabod Crane: Sleepy Hollow as a Dark Ride (maybe where the old Fantasyland skyway station is) and Aladdin as a "Crush's Coaster" type of ride, but without the Capacity issues that Crush's Coaster suffers from...

• Minion

Re: What Disney Animated Classic/Movie would you like to see as a Dark Ride? In DL or

I'm actually working on an idea for a Princess and the Frog attraction. When I'm done I'll be sure to post it!

• Minion

Atlantis would be a fantastic thrill dark ride for Tomorrowland. Also, though it's not on the list, but a Hunchback of Notre Dame dark ride in the style of Snow White or Toad would also be fun. Between the Festival of Fools, Hellfire and burning Paris, it could easily be a great "child-frightener" on that level.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

and for the love of Gawd, can they retheme the Disneyland Submarine Voyage to Atlantis: the lost empire and kick Nemo to the Curb lol
    Atlantis: the lost world is Action Packed and about discovery and adventure....finding nemo subs is basically boring as all heck and all you see is characters from the movie with no sense of adventure =0(
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 02-26-2011 at 08:51 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Atlantis would be a fantastic thrill dark ride for Tomorrowland. Also, though it's not on the list, but a Hunchback of Notre Dame dark ride in the style of Snow White or Toad would also be fun. Between the Festival of Fools, Hellfire and burning Paris, it could easily be a great "child-frightener" on that level.

Both are great Ideas!!! I would LOVE to see Atlantis in Tomorrowland!!! and definitely a Hunchback Darkride would be awesome!!! there's so many visually stimulating elements in the movie! I really really miss the Festival of Fools from the 90's

Atlantis has amazing characters too, I love the heart of Atlantis scene at the end with the floating masks...such an adventurous movie
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 02-26-2011 at 08:48 PM.

• Banned User

Talking Re: What Disney Animated Classic/Movie would you like to see as a Dark Ride? In DL or

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I'm actually working on an idea for a Princess and the Frog attraction. When I'm done I'll be sure to post it!
    fantastic!!! cant wait! what a rich and much needed addition to New Orleans Square! maybe they could place it between the Haunted Mansion and the NOS train Station...with the showbuilding behind the Berm
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 02-26-2011 at 08:46 PM.

• What Time Taught Us

I'm gonna go with Beauty and the Beast, definitely.

• Missing my AP

Actually, of what is on the list, Aladdin and Hercules would probably fit the Dark ride formula best but Beauty and the Beast would be an obvious choice for a successful project if this was a real possibilty.
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

"Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride"

Follows the successful formula of Peter Pan's Flight. Replicates the famous "A Whole New World" sequence from the movie. You sit on a magic carpet and launch from the palace's balcony over the city, and out into the moonlit desert over caravans and oasis, and then to the sphinx, pyramids, and greek ruins. Put the Genie, monkey, and parrot in the queue cracking jokes and creating mishchief to relieve the tedious wait.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I like the idea of an Aladdin dark thrill ride and maybe a PaTF dinner show at NOS, within a replica of Tiana's Place.

Also a Mary Poppins dark ride: the ride cars can consists of carousel horses aligned in the same fashion as those bikes on the ET dark ride at Universal Studios.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There are about three or four that I would vote for, and some are not on the list. Since we can only for one in the poll, I didn't vote, I'll just post them here.

Bambi ~ this movie needs MUCH more recoginition at the Disneyland resort, than what it currently has. A dark ride through the forest would be wonderful, especially with the forest fire climax scene. Something very similar in stye to Snow White or Pinnochio's dark ride

101 Dalmations ~ another animal animated movie, which is highly under-represented in the Disneyland resort. The only recognition it gets is Cruella, who remain incredibly popular, close to nearly 50 years, now. Imagine riding in Cruella's hot rod, starting off riding by the park where Roger and Anita, and their dog's meet for the first time, then the puppies born, stolen, and then chasing after the puppies through the Devil Mansion, and their escape in the snowy countryside. Similar in style to Mr Toad's ride with lots quick twists and turns.

Jungle Book ~ Following Mowgli as he meets all his jungle neighbors, the elephants, escaping Kai and Shere Khan, time with Baloo, kidnapped by monkeys, escaping King Louie and the collapsing temple and of course all the great music from the movie. Lot's of black light special effects, in this indoor jungle adventure.

Hercules ~ like I've mentioned in a few other topic, you get to ride Pegasus from the Underworld, and escape all the Titans, then escape Hades, and see Hercules become a hero, and fly up to Mount Olympus.

Too many rides are being based off more recent movies. Dark rides represent a more old fashioned approach, and so the classics would fit better than putting a 'Princess and the Frog' or 'Tangled' movies that are just popular because they just came out. Not saying they aren't good films, but movies like 'Aladdin', 'Beauty and the Beast' and even older Disney films would fit better because they have established themselves as movies that withstood the test of time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ToyStoryManiac View Post
    Too many rides are being based off more recent movies. Dark rides represent a more old fashioned approach, and so the classics would fit better than putting a 'Princess and the Frog' or 'Tangled' movies that are just popular because they just came out. Not saying they aren't good films, but movies like 'Aladdin', 'Beauty and the Beast' and even older Disney films would fit better because they have established themselves as movies that withstood the test of time.
    agreed!, I'd prefer a Low-Tech ride like Peter Pan's Flight, Pinocchio etc...rather than Buzz lightyear or Monsters inc.. Mr. Toad is a testament to that. Im 28 and remember seeing Mr. Toad and Ichabod on The Wonderful World of Disney back in the 90's...I remember thinking Cyril Proudbottom was Hilarious!! Now-a-days kids dont even know who Mr Toad is, which is sad. We usually hit all the FantasyLand Darkrides on Magic Mornings...I love them not because they are high tech, but because they are simple and invoke nostalgia. Hopefully DCA, over the long-haul will slowly introduce dark rides based on classics to fit the theme

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I like the idea of an Aladdin dark thrill ride and maybe a PaTF dinner show at NOS, within a replica of Tiana's Place.

Also a Mary Poppins dark ride: the ride cars can consists of carousel horses aligned in the same fashion as those bikes on the ET dark ride at Universal Studios.
    Mary Poppins Dark Ride definitely has my vote!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast