Exclamation *On The Record*...A Disney Theatrical Stage Show

There has been so much written lately about this stage show that Disney has put together that goes around touring. It's called, *On The Record*, and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard about it or has seen/heard it?

I keep hearing how awesome the show is and that 64 songs from different types of Disney movies (mostly animated) are used throughout the show and that the choreography dancing is excellent.

Perhaps the Disney folks at TDA should think about putting this show in the Hyperion Theatre, what do you think??? Obviously, the show itself would be too long for DCA, but they could re-work everything and still make it a very enjoyable show, I'm sure.

It could be just me, but I'm tired of the *Aladdin* show and want something fresh and new in the Hyperion...something with more variety. And I don't mean to start a rumor, but my gut feeling tells me that Aladdin won't be around much longer.

Anyway, I can't wait for the CD of *On The Record* to come out!!

Patrick

Sounds like Steps in Time (which was my favorite show with Eden Espinosa) but this time the original version of Steps without the Fairy god mother story... I loved both versions but no one else did so I dont think they'll try somthing like that anytime soon

• dreams do come true

Its out right now on toure(spelling sorry) but has already anounced its stopping the show I dont remember the date but I do know it is over soon. THe revews where not very good But I did hear the music is awsome.

• He's a tramp...

On the Record is going to be at the Orange County Performing Arts Center this summer. I'm not sure of the exact dates (i think it's june or july)

Edit: actually it will be playing there in September
    Last edited by WindPhyreDude; 03-09-2005 at 08:29 PM.
    Do you remember your imagination?
    When Neverland was your destination.
    Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
    Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

• dreams do come true

I think it will end before that I have season tix there and was sent something saying they have changed that show to I think Evita so it will not be playing there.

• dreams do come true

The last date for the show on its web site is in Ft Lauderdale on 05/01/05

• Minion

I'm sure this was discussed thoroughly two months ago with a thread started by Stinkerbell. It did so miserably on the road that the tour was cancelled. I'm an OC Performing Arts Center subscriber and they've already replaced the show.

• He's a tramp...

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I'm sure this was discussed thoroughly two months ago with a thread started by Stinkerbell. It did so miserably on the road that the tour was cancelled. I'm an OC Performing Arts Center subscriber and they've already replaced the show.
    Well they need to update their website because it's still listed as playing in September. That sucks! I was looking forward to seeing it
    Do you remember your imagination?
    When Neverland was your destination.
    Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
    Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

How could it be such a horrible show with poor reviews??? They're coming out with a CD of the show this month. I would think if the show was that bad and didn't go over well, that they wouldn't be putting out a CD. :confused:

But I haven't heard a thing about it coming to the OCPAC this summer. If that's true, then I'll be there, front row center! The way the web site describes the show makes it sounds absolutely wonderful.

And yes, *On The Record* does sound like a version of Steps In Time, but better. And I for one LOVED the idea, music and dancing of Steps. But they killed it with the whole Fairy GodMother/Kids thing...that just ruined it. They should have just kept the original version of Steps, cuz that was great!

Anyway, if anyone out there knows for sure that *On The Record* will be performing anywhere in Orange County or L.A. let me know!

• Minion

Do a search for: Disney's On The Record (musical) which was started by Stinkerbell on January 16. I believe there were several who had seen the show and posted about it. Someone said the theater was half empty when they saw it. Numerous cast recordings exist from shows that closed after only a few performances.