Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Who was the idiot responsible for the 1998 New Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I believe the color scheme was based on what was nothing more than a trend at the time. Titanium bicycle frames were relatively new, and everyone was jumping on the bandwagon of titanium. The jewelry of the time was often oxidized Ti--and looked like this.

It was supposed to be "futuristic."
    The color is just a theme. I don't know if it was a trend at the time, but it is irrelevant as to why Disney decided to use it. The color seems to be borrowed from Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland ideas.

Great find Kimickey! Really shows the effort that went into the New Tomorrowland, regardless of the product.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    he say what happened with Tomorrowland '94 at the Magic Kingdom
    Hey! What's wrong with the MK's TL94? That, and DLP's Discoveryland are (in my opinion) the very best Tomorrowlands WDI has ever come up with. Before all of the changes, MK's Tomorrowland was perfection, and despite the additions and removals it's still a wonderful place to walk around. Versus Disneyland's... wasteland?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

I think it is who ever was in charged with the budget and who picked the theme. I don't think American saw steam punk as their view of futuristic. Also who ever choose the paint used. In the concept art the colors looked okay but what we got was brown, brown and more brown.

Maybe if they used less copper, brown, and bronze it would have looked better. I thought SP would have looked better as being the orange red and green in the concept art compared to what was painted. In the concept art I see silver, white, and a lighter gold that was used for Inno and AO.

Didn't Tony Baxter wanted TL 2055? Blame who ever wanted Discoveryland over TL 2055.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Hey! What's wrong with the MK's TL94? That, and DLP's Discoveryland are (in my opinion) the very best Tomorrowlands WDI has ever come up with. Before all of the changes, MK's Tomorrowland was perfection, and despite the additions and removals it's still a wonderful place to walk around. Versus Disneyland's... wasteland?
    That is completely true. But maybe if Tomorrowland gets an actually futuristic makeover than we could have the best version of Tomorrowland. The colors on Star Tours have so much energy now. Maybe the whole color scheme will change from brass and bronze to a more futuristic silver and blue scheme. But hopefully they won't paint Space Mountain blue to match like they did in '98(when they painted it bronze).

• Future Imagineer

That is completely true. But maybe if Tomorrowland gets an actually futuristic makeover than we could have the best version of Tomorrowland. The colors on Star Tours have so much energy now. Maybe the whole color scheme will change from brass and bronze to a more futuristic silver and blue scheme. But hopefully they won't paint Space Mountain blue to match like they did in '98(when they painted it bronze).

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The color is just a theme. I don't know if it was a trend at the time, but it is irrelevant as to why Disney decided to use it. The color seems to be borrowed from Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland ideas.
    Yeah--a theme. and a BAD one. Discoveryland in Paris borrowed from the same trend. Um..I mean fad.

• Boogers are salty

The designs and the horrible color scheme are the fault of the imagineers alone, even with a cut budget there is no reason to make it look like turdland and then act like it was not their fault. They misused the resources they were allotted, common sense would tell you that no having the money to change the PM track would be a good reason not to put a fast coaster on it but they went ahead and did it anyways. The choice to go all Jules Vern and put the astro orbiter on the ground was theres, how much money was wasted their instead of just improving the original. Putting it in a whole so that your at ground level made sense to who. Innoventions is completely their fault as is Honey I spat on the audience. How much was spent filming that travesty.

• Minion

Maybe Jules Verne was responsible?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I was not talking about the end result of the Tomorrowland '94 project, but its scope and budget. Like Tomorrowland '98, Tomorrowland '94 was also not the original larger scale plans, but a significantly smaller scale project done on a shoestring budget. Same situation presented itself at Disneyland but with much different results.

Cool Re: Who was the idiot responsible for the 1998 New Tomorrowland?

I blame Baxter.
    Rapid transit rocket rods are a go!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123