Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New California Screamin Soundtrack

I was listening to my Disneyland Resort playlist today (in preparation for our upcoming trip) when it got to the California Screamin' audio track. I realized I really dislike the music for this ride! The intro music as you coast to the launch platform sounds so tacky, and the surf guitar music just doesn't seem to fit with the new 1920's Victorian theme. YouTube - California Screamin' Ride Music

Who agrees with me?

Lets discuss ideas for a replacement that matches the intensity of the ride, as well as the new theme of Paradise Pier. Any ideas?

• Embrace You!

Re: New California Screamin Soundtrack

I actually brought this up in a pervious discussion. The music did fit well when the Paradise Peir had a modern boardwalk theme, but it now sounds out of place.

I think an original piece, a mix of 1920s big band with a hint of rock-surf would help with the theme, plus add a bit of "pulse" to the ride.

I like the big band mixed with a hint of rock surf idea. That could work really well for the ride.

• I'm not really here

I'm all for an updated 1920s big band jazz sort of soundtrack. I would expect, in the next couple years, to see brand new trains for Screamin that look less like county fair/typical amusement park trains and something much more 1920s themed. Possibly even looking very much like a typical woody's trains. Would be an ideal time to swap out the soundtrack.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

We talked about this last fall, but I had mentioned that some of the songs that might work, were often done by Rod at Coke Corner. Just have to have it scored to match the ride.

YouTube - Rod Miller at Disneyland Maple Leaf Rag

YouTube - Rod Miller at Disneyland 12th Street Rag

And I would love to have some of the Roarin' 20's music play in the queue, in an old fashioned style, and you would have to include The Charleston, Ain't She Sweet, Black Bottom, Yes,We have no bananas, I Wanna Be Loved By You, Happy Days Are Here Again, Ain't We Got Fun, California Here I Come, Sheik of Araby,

use the red hot chili peppers song "around the world" again like they did when it was rockin' ca screamin. it really fit and made it fun, especially when it said "life is beautiful around the world" as you were going through the loop. hooray

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Not gonna lie, I really like the score for the attraction. I realize it doesn't fit and should be replaced, but until then I'll enjoy it.

All credit where credit is due: (kablary)

Sorry for beating you to the punch, kablary, but I thought this was too good to not post here. I think this would be ideal for the new theme direction of the pier.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Not gonna lie, I really like the score for the attraction. I realize it doesn't fit and should be replaced, but until then I'll enjoy it.
    Yeah, I love the current one too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

You know... the one time I rode it... the music wasn't even on, so frankly it's plenty of fun without a score lol

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I honestly think the music posted is way too slow for the ride imo

I love the current version of the soundtrack.. not so much for the wailin' guitars but the calliope at the beginning and the end. You can hear a bit mixed in during the ride (particularly on the lift up to the hill) but...

(Said a la the voice of Christopher Walken)

Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more calliope!

i love it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Why not set it to "Under the Sea in the style of Joplin" from the album, "Hi Ho Mozart" (with some canlliope, a touch of rock surf and a pinch of water sounds?)

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

I'm surprised they didn't have Intamin (ride manufacturer/designer) come back and upgrade the ride's hardware. Those bulky LSMs and trains with fins look so ridiculious compared to the newer LSM launched coasters. I'm sure they'd save a ton of energy and money if they upgraded.

Also, I always wished they'd add a tunnel at the beginning of the ride that leads to the launch track and a final tunnel on the last helix before hitting the brakes. One can dream...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast