Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Best Character Dining Meal??

Well my fiance and I along with my BFF and her Boyfriend are going to be taking a trip to Disneyland/DCA in May.. I have been a couple times, but its everyone else's first time. I love doing character meals and wanted us to do one.

What is everyones favorite place for a character meal?? Best place for characters and food?? I think I've done the plaza one a couple times a few years ago but it seems like all we ever had was "Pooh" characters.. is there somewhere else with better characters?? And yummy food? I was thinking maybe Ariel's Grotto but there is such mixed reviews about the food!

Thanks for the help!!
    I know you I walked with you Once Upon a Dream...

• formerly very helpful

Re: Best Character Dining Meal??

It really depends on what characters you want to see. I personally prefer the "face" characters, like the princesses, since they seem much more real than the "full costume" characters like Mickey or Donald. I've had the character meal at Ariel's Grotto, and had no problem with the limited menu. In the end, you won't remember the food wherever you go, but it all comes down to how your pictures look.

• Closed Account

For interaction with characters, I like Ariel's Grotto a lot because it's really the only place you can get all the princesses in a timely manner and enjoy some good too (I though the food was really good last time I went there, which was a month or so ago). But if you really want good food, and characters are secondary for you, I would say Goofy's Kitchen hands down. The food is great any time of the day, and since it's all you can eat you get more bang for your buck. The characters are good, but it can be kind of a mixed bag since you never know which characters you're going to get.

• I'm not really here

Ariel's Grotto is our favorite, with Goofy's Kitchen a close second.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

^What mycroft16 said. Love Ariels, but Goofy's is very good too.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Queen of Sarcasm

It really depends on what type of character interaction you want. I have done both Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Grotto. I think it also plays in with age of the people in your group at Goofy's.

At Ariel's I remember each princess stopping by the table and giving equal time to all the tables in the resturant. If you want more one on one time with the characters I would go with this one. They stopped at every table and took pictures and interacted with everyone reguardless of the ages represented at the table. I went with a group and all of us where in our 20's.

I went to Goofy's this past summer for my birthday. My boyfriend and I are 26 and it was just the two of us dining together. We lingered over our food for an hour and in that timeframe only one character stopped at our table, Goofy. I will admit, it didn't bother us because we went more for the food than anything else but if you want character interaction but don't have any small children at your table, you are out of luck. The characters did linger at tables with kids for awhile and would just wave at us as they walked by our table.

Thanks everyone, I think we will be going to Ariels, that way we can also skip the PFF and the long lines there
    I know you I walked with you Once Upon a Dream...

• Blew By You

I'm with most of the gang: Ariel's Grotto. I like the way the princesses have a good sense of how much time to spend at a table. And the pictures of our daughter with all of her favorite princesses are great.

• Queen Elsa

Only thing is with Ariel's Grotto you don't get all the Princess you get...

Ariel
    Cinderella
    Snow White
    Belle &
    Aurora

Jasmine will only come out if one of the other Princess is sick. It's happen to me more then one time. As for Goofy's you get about 7 characters to meet you and they do all meet you I'm 40 years old and they come to my table alot. The may character you get to see at Goofy's all the time is...

Goofy,Pluto,Minnie they come out every time I've been to Goofy's I've been there for about 7 to 10 times. The other characters that I have met there from different times are....

Cinderella,Snow White, Belle in her blue dress only,Aurora,Jasmine,Aladdin,Chip,Dale,Capt. Hook,Peter Pan,Max,Alice,Geppetto.

So these are the characters that I ran into there.

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Ariel's Grotto is our favorite, with Goofy's Kitchen a close second.
    Is this a surprise to anyone??
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

We usually have the most fun at Goofy's. My boyfriend and I keep joking that it's become our new birthday tradition (2 yrs in a row's a tradition :P). We went in Feb with a group of 5 adults total and had an absolutely fantastic time. I feel like there's more room than Ariel's and the characters tend to let loose and have more fun. There's little dances and stuff that on the surface seem dumb but are fun to watch (or participate in if Goofy grabs you from your table and makes you twist with him xD). We've had characters come back multiple times and spend lots of time just dorking around with us (which I don't ever get at Ariel's. The princesses there don't seem to know what to do with Grownups *shrug*)
    It's always an interesting assortment of characters too. Last time we had the chipmunks, Goofy, Pluto, Geppetto and Snow White. The food's really good (though expensive, but what Disney food isn't) and I think you get more bang for your buck than Ariel's.

My one suggestion though is do either breakfast or dinner... don't try to do lunch cause there are no characters. We tried to do 1pm and that was considered Brunch and all the characters left at 2. We made the most of the time we had but the place gets kinda depressing when they're all gone :P

• Queen Elsa

OK I just did a count and I have been to Goofy's 8 times here is some photos from all 8 times I have been there.

1st time.

2nd time

3rd time

• Queen Elsa

4th time

5th time

6th

7th time

he has my backpack in this pic

• Queen Elsa

8th time

• Minion

I enjoy Breakfast in the Park with Minnie and Friends. The characters there spent time with me goofing off and interacting. Not so much when I went to Goofy's kitchen.

When I went to Ariels Grotto, only Cinderella seemed to even want to talk to me. The other Princesses were just a picture then leave. Granted, I am a teenage girl with her mom, and we were the very first table they came to. One princesses even seemed annoyed when we wanted to take another picture. But the bread there was fantastic! The accidentally took the bread away before I was done, so they gave me more free bread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast