Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Angry Videotaping And Rude People

Stop me if you heard this before but have any of you brought your camcorder to the Resort for the purpose to record a show or a parade and you have people constantly interfering and walking in front of your cameras while you are taping? I HATE THAT!!!! It's not only guests but Cast Members, too! I mean, what if you are visiting for th first time or if this was your ONLY time you get to be here and people do that to you! It's not fair at all! For the past two years and ever since I acquired a camcorder, I've encountered idiots, for example, running in front of my camera during a showing of the Electrical Parade instead of using a cross walk as they should be! Now, I have to use tactics to avoid such disruptions and it ruins my videotaping. I think the Parade Guest COntrol people should do more patroling instead of lollygaggin as usual. Being the nice and calm person, I usually forgive the rude people but the forgiveness will stop on my next visit! And Cast Members should know better, too whether if they work in the parades or not!

Sorry but I have to vent out! I hope we have more considerate guests when I visit the Resort on December 9!

• no flash photography...

Re: Videotaping And Rude People

don't count on it. I usually stop for people taking pictues or videos, but there are so many and it gets to the point where it's ruining my day. so where should the line be drawn? I have to stop every 5 feet. Sometimes i'm trying to get somewhere and to be honest I'm not always aware of people around me. I ahve this amazing ability to focus everyone out...on the other hand when I am videoing or takign a picture i do not mind waiting for people to pass before I take the picture. I realize a show is different, but I've never had the desire to tape a show or parade. Once I see it once I would never watch it again.

What I do find annoying is the flashed and video screen open inside rides or even when it's dark out. They are to bright and distracting. Flashes are the worst...inside dark rides. I can't even figure out why someone would want a picture of a mecahnical pirate...*shrug*

• Banned User

I think the people who take pictures of the dark rides forget that there are post cards in the emporium which is open after the park closes for half an hour to an hour

Sorry Ex-Small World CM but I think that you are being unreasonable. There are literally thousands of cameras in the park on any given day so people are going to walk in front of them. Otherwise the park would have to come to a complete stand still. Just because you have a camera does not give you the right to special unobstucted viewing. Don't sweat the small stuff in life. Chill-out and have a margarita.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Ex-Small - I know it can be frustrating but most of these people aren't doing it on purpose. The thing that bugs ME about parades is staking out a spot an hour and a half before hand and having people decide that there is PLENTY of room in the five inches next to you thusly craming a family of 12 in that small space. In those situations, I try to remember to concentrate on my kids who couldn't possibly care less about my hangups and are usually having GREAT time watching the parade. The crowds and people walking in front of you and smashing against you are all part of the Disneyland experience.

Think of it this way: It wouldn't really be the TRUE Disneyland without people walking in front of you while you are filming the parade. To have the quintessential Disney experience, you need to be smashed, pushed, and have at least 5 shots ruined by innocent passers by. I've also had to train myself to watch out for other little kids whose mommy and daddy show up late who are trying to see...even if it means...(gasp)...giving up my spot. Seeing princess Jazmine or Cinderella will more to them...and their reactions usually give me enough smiles to last all the way back to the parking tram.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Pete
    Sorry Ex-Small World CM but I think that you are being unreasonable. There are literally thousands of cameras in the park on any given day so people are going to walk in front of them. Otherwise the park would have to come to a complete stand still. Just because you have a camera does not give you the right to special unobstucted viewing. Don't sweat the small stuff in life. Chill-out and have a margarita.
    Margaritas also help....maybe two or three.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Think of any spy movie where the hero must transit a room filled with those red laser lights................that's what it would be like to try to avoid everyone with a camera at Disneyland.

It's hard enough to avoid bumping into actual people(and their strollers); to ask that we also avoid every sightline from a camera lens...impossible.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Original Mice-Chatter

I always wonder about those damn people in my pictures!

Just playing-I know it can be frustrating, but it is also unavoidable.

• Dont make me unfriend you

What gets me are people who think because they have a camcorder they think they have the right to block everybody else's view.

Last time we were at DL, there was a family sitting to watch the parade. So, my family sat behind them to watch the parade. Once it began, the mom stood up and started filming with her camcorder. All my kids could see was her big butt. If we knew she would be standing up during the parade, we would have sat somewhere else.

But, I guess it was ok, because she had a camcorder after all.

Thumbs down Re: Videotaping And Rude People

IMO the topic should read "Rude people videotaping!", then I'll agree with you.

I shouldn't have to always be on the look-out for a camera, I actually want to have fun and enjoy the park.
    -Wes

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I also have to agree with the majority here. Videotaping is a pretty hard thing to do at the parks, especially if you want a people-free view of whatever you are videotaping. It would just be too hard to facilitate anybody who would be videotaping or even taking still pictures, especially in some parts of the parks. That said, I generally try to stay out of the way while people are taking pictures, but if they are shooting video, I would have no clue how long they would be shooting, and I probably have somewhere I would like to go.

• ...lurks...

Sadly, many people don't realize they are doing this. They are too involved with their party and enjoying their day too. I cannot say that I have never walked in front of a taping or photos, but when I realize I do, I apologize. Most times when I see a photo or video being taken, I try to steer clear- I've even gone so far as to hold others back for a few seconds so the picture can be snapped or shot finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815
    IMO the topic should read "Rude people videotaping!", then I'll agree with you.

I shouldn't have to always be on the look-out for a camera, I actually want to have fun and enjoy the park.
    Amen

• Hey, that's not Rose!

The last time I took video of the Christmas fireworks, I held the camera over my head. I am 5'1 to begin with, and there will always be heads in your shot. I do try to avoid getting in peoples shots, but sometimes it's move on or be trampled, so I move on and ruin your shot. No offence to you, I just hate being flat tired or run over by strollers. Try taking someone tall with you next time!!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Certified in everything

I try to stay out of the way of people who are taking pictures at close range (3-6 ft. away) but its the people who think that they can stand 25-30 ft. away from their subject and take a clear picture that annoy me. As far as recording a show goes, I dont see any need for it. Whats important (in my opinion) is taking pictures of your family and friends etc. anjoying themselves. When you get home from your trip you dont want to just see the entire "it's a small world" ride again, you want to see pictures of people and family. This is coming from someone who has wasted countless hours of video footage as well as film on rides, shows, and parades. You can watch the ride once and enjoy yourself but pictures of others last forever.

Just my thoughts...
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast