View Poll Results: Which Mountain should be removed if one has to.

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Matterhorn

17 25.76%
  • Space Mountain

22 33.33%
  • Splash Mountain

27 40.91%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Survivor #1: The Disneyland Park Mountains - Round 2

Hello, Everyone it is time for Round 2 of Disneyland Survivor #1: The Disneyland Park Mountains
    See Round 1 Here:
    Disneyland Survivor #1: The Disneyland Park Mountains - Round 1

I have stopped Round 1 at 50 Votes and the Mountain to be removed is Big Thunder Mountain.
    "Once the votes are read, the decision is final, the person voted out is asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. The first mountain voted out of Survivor: Disneyland Park Mountains is...Thunder. Bring me your torch. Thunder...the die-hards have spoken." - Puck2DaHead

Now for Round 2 we have 3 Mountains left.

Hey All, Lets play a game. Lets call it Disneyland Survivor. I will name X number of attractions. Everyone will need to vote on the poll which ride they would REMOVE, if they HAD to pick one. The ride with the most points gets removed. Then we will start round 2 with 1 less entry and keep playing till there is only 1 attraction left. In the comments please indicate why you decided that your choice should be the attraction sacrificed in the round. Try to only talk about the ride you are selecting to be removed compared the the other in the round. Do not rank them in the early rounds.

Lets start with the Disneyland Park Mountains.

Your Choices are:
    The Matterhorn
    Big Thunder Mountain (Already Removed)
    Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain

My Removal Vote:
    I will continue to vote for the Matterhorn. Compared to the remaining two mountains it is the most aged mountain and has the most potential for a great new attraction to be placed in it's place.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Survivor #1: The Disneyland Park Mountains - Round 2

Splash Mountain

• Minion

spalsh mountoton
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Splash Mountain - I hate getting wet, lol!

I'm voting Matterhorn again. It hurts my back!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Oh God, now THIS is where it gets hard. BTMR was almost a no brainer but here, there is SO much to consider.

Splash Mountain is the newest but it's already a CLASSIC. It gets LONG lines during the summer so it's popularity hasn't decreased. And if you don't want to get wet - SIT IN THE FLIPPIN BACK. I ask for the back every time I ride and NEVER get wet. Shouldn't even be an issue!

Space Mountain -- just no. You just can't get rid of it. I'm sure it could be easily built somewhere else in another park but... no. No, no.

Matterhorn - Most painful of the three, ESPECIALLY if you're on the Tomorrowland side. The oldest of the three but also the second biggest icon of Disneyland. Needs a serious update and I mean a complete overhaul like they did with Space Mountain. So this is why I vote for it, in hopes it'll get redone.

• Banned User

i'l have to say Space Mountain. Liked it better when it had the spinning chocolate chip cookie. Plus I prefer the mountain rides that are partially outdoors because of the fresh air and scenic views (however brief they may be)

• Minion of Chernabog

Splash Mountain. The Matterhorn is an iconic symbol of Disneyland. When I think Disneyland, I don't think Splash Mountain as much as the Matterhorn. Don't like half the 50th anniversary shirts and stuff have the Matterhorn dead center in the middle? I'm pretty sure I had a sweatshirt that had the Matterhorn on it.
    The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'm going to have to go with Splash right now. Disney's unwillingness to release Song of the South leaves an Un-Zip-a-dee Doo-Dah song in my head, so Splash should be gone. Plus it gets cold in the winter.

You want my vote for round 3 now so we can speed things up?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

I voted for Space mountain, I just honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. Granted I didn't ride it all the time when I was a kid (didn't make a trip until I was 31) so that might have something to do with it.

Matterhorn - Classic, part of the landscape and I love the views you get from it.
    Splash Mountain - So cute and such a great mix of the classic dark rides and thrills
    Space Mountain - Too fast, too loud and the line is WAY too long for as short as the ride is. (same reason I bypass Gadget's if the wait time exceeds 20 minutes.)

And maybe someone can answer this for me but how did Space Mountain get Mountain in its name, unlike the other on the list that have an acutal mountain shape its just a pointy building????

Splash.

• I also like Stitch!

Space, Matterhorn is just way to iconic and Splash is just to cute to do away with.

Has to be Splash.

All three are good but with the reconfigured logs of late they don't quite fit in the flume properly and that would still leave a Splash Mt at WDW which is by and large a superior version.
    The Mur

• Banned User

I voted for Splash Mountain.

- Matterhorn is the oldest and probably is on the brink of a major major tear-down & re-build but it is the iconic symbol of the Disneyland Resort aside from Sleeping Beauty Castle.

- Space Mountain is on every guest's "must ride list" and is a staple for any thrillseeker in the park moreso than Matterhorn or Splash Mountain. Space mountain is also the only of the two that rider's don't reconsider going on if there's bad weather.

-Splash mountain would go for many reasons, some of which are as follows:
    - People tend to avoid this ride in the rain and during the cold season, it just can't hold an
    attendance at times.
    - It would offer the most square yardage backstage to accomodate a huge new show
    building.
    - Logistically if Splash mountain went, then all of Critter Country would go with it leaving the
    possibilities wide open for a new thrilling e-ticket attraction, something epic along the lines
    of Everest Expedition proportions.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

This is a really heated race! Unlike the last round, I have no idea how this one is gonna end up. I'm hoping Matterhorn, although a classic, gets eliminated in the end so Splash and Space battle it out in the epic finale! Although a VAST majority of the people actually writing in the thread are putting Splash, there are still quite a lot of people voting for the others. Speak up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast