Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think will happen in Phase 2 Of DCA's Construction?

So since the first phase California Adventure construction will be done in 2012 I want to know what you guys think will happen in Phase 2. So that's my question do you guys, What do you think will happen in Phase 2 Of DCA's Construction?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: What do you think will happen in Phase 2 Of DCA's Construction?

NOTE: These are just rumors and stuff from concept art...no facts about these changes as of yet

Condor Flats will get a new theme (more tree's) along with Soarin over the World

Hollywood will be changed into "Hollywoodland" with a new 1930's buildings and maybe a new ride and Muppets getting an Update or replaced

A New ride will be added to either the Pier (behind Screamin or where the Mailboomer used to be) OR they'll add a new ride to where the Red Wood Creek Trail is.
    Last edited by JerrodDRagon; 03-09-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Condor Flats will get a new theme (more tree's) along with Soarin over the World

Hollywood will be changed into "Hollywoodland" with a new 1930's buildings and maybe a new ride and Muppets getting an Update or replaced

A New ride will be added to either the Pier (behind Screamin or where the Mailboomer used to be) OR they'll add a new ride to where the Red Wood Creek Trail is.
    Dumb/Redundant question time - is Phase 2 going to occur or is it hypothetical? That is, are we even sure there will be a Phase 2 at all?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

That's all hypothetical. All there is about Phase 2 is rumors. heck even the Phase 2 concept is only a rumor at this point

• Banned User

Rumor, rumor, rumor. Please don't act like something is fact when it's just a rumor!

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Rumor, rumor, rumor. Please don't act like something is fact when it's just a rumor!
    The question was set up as "what do you think will happen." He's not stating anything as fact, just what he THINKS will occur, most likely based on his personal analysis of what else needs to be done. That's perfectly appropriate considering the original question.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    The question was set up as "what do you think will happen." He's not stating anything as fact, just what he THINKS will occur, most likely based on his personal analysis of what else needs to be done. That's perfectly appropriate considering the original question.
    Do you see a single "think" in that post? There is a lot of will's and a very definitive tone in that post.

• Banned User

Here's hoping that the Hyperion gets a retheme!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Do you see a single "think" in that post? There is a lot of will's and a very definitive tone in that post.

The question is "What do you think will happen?". It's implied in the question that all answers are speculation,and I did see a maybe in the second one, and a either/or tone to the 3rd. So, try not to be nitpicky, the entire thread is speculation and rumor.

• Hide and Seek with Anna

How about a little break for DCA for a wild. I mean I am glad we are getting a new DCA but I'm getting tire of seeing all the constrution going on over there. I think after Phase 1 is done take a break and fix up Disneyland's Tomorrowland before going back over to DCA.

Yeah, that's what he thinks WILL happen. The question was this:

"I want to know what you guys think will happen in Phase 2."

If I were to answer "they will add a loop to TSMM," the answer is perfectly appropriate if I'm answering what I think. If I think they will add a loop, no matter how absurd that answer is, then I answered the question in an acceptable manner.

JarodDRagon answered rather thoughtfully. For some reason you believe JarodDRagon needs to add the word "think" to his answer. He does not as the question he is answering already puts the answer within that context. Any "thinks" he adds to the answer would be superfluous.

Instead of saying "I disagree with you," you seem to be saying "Don't say that at all." That's a bit much.
    Last edited by DJM; 03-08-2011 at 11:41 PM.

• All-American

As others have noted, everything we know about Phase 2, or for that matter, the idea of Phase 2 at all, is purely from rumor and taking the word of people like Al Lutz. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Syon View Post
    So since the first phase California Adventure construction will be done in 2012 I want to know what you guys think will happen in Phase 2. So that's my question do you guys, What do you think will happen in Phase 2 Of DCA's Construction?

Jerrod's got it with about everything we "know".

Imagineering themselves, judging by what they've shown us in the Blue Sky Cellar, has strongly hinted that Hollywood Pictures Backlot will be rethemed to a 1930s' era Hollywoodland, including fully enclosing the Hyperion Theater waiting area into a lobby, and redressing the optical illusion mural with a proper facade. Not much else is known about what else is going here, but other sites (BlueSkyDisney among them) have hinted that a new attraction may be going in the back of the Backlot over by Millionaire.

Many insiders on MiceChat have claimed that the Victorian redressing of Paradise Pier will be "finished" in Phase 2, including a number of things that have been pushed back in Phase 1. This may or may not include creating a new building for the carousel, redressing the storefronts, and queues for Screamin' or Fun Wheel. An attraction may be going in the site of Goofy's Sky School or the Maliboomer park area, both of which are seen as sort of temporary holding places for future development.

Some WDI concept art and sites like BlueSkyDisney have claimed that the Grizzly Peak area will be fully themed into a 1950s' National Park-like setting, which would include Grizzly River Run losing its extreme sports theme and hopefully gaining some AAs, probably cloned from the upcoming coaster at Hong Kong Disneyland. Some have raised the prospect of a new family-friendly attraction going on the site of the Challenge Trail, while others have indicated that the trail will simply rethemed to the Wilderness Explorers from Up.

Other than that, there's been lots of little stuff talked about, like a possible Drive-In Theater restaurant going into Cars Land. Waaaay back when Phase 1 was still in its early stages, BlueSkyDisney used to talk about a future land going on top of the Wharf area in Phase 2, but he hasn't mentioned that in quite a while, so that may have been axed.

Like I said, lots of speculation, but that's the gist of what's believed so far... anyone else have anything different?

• All-American

As for what I'd like from Phase 2, I'd like to see any and all of the above happen. I'd specify that I'd like to see the new Paradise Pier attraction be a trippy, high-tech new fun house attraction on the site of GSS, that sort of redefines what a fun house could be. Like what HM did to the haunted house concept, this should do with the fun house... completely take it above and beyond. Grizzly Peak should get a new version of the Country Bears and a scenic train ride in the style of Nature's Wonderland, and A Bug's Land should be replaced by a Chinatown land.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I honestly doubt it will happen. How often does Disney actually follow through on Phase 2? If everything up through Cars Land is a hit and the park is considered properly rebooted, then the Company will look at it and see no point in continuing because their objectives have been met. If things do not work out then I could see them considering all of the work to have been for very little and not want to bother with more expensive projects that achieve little results. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• All-American

^ I think that that's an unfortunate possibility. So many projects were begun with a proposed "phase 2" on the table - Animal Kingdom and Disneyland Paris spring to mind - that end up never leaving the drawing board. The good news is that many on here claim that the $1.1 billion or so being spent on DCA refers to the sum of both phase 1 and phase 2, and the entire amount has already been spent. In that sense, it's possible Disney already has phase 2 planned out completely and simply has yet to announce it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast