Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

2nd Mice Chat Photo Meet Highlights…

For those of you who couldn’t attend our second Mice Chat Photo Meet, here is how our day went along with a few highlights.

We began the day meeting in front of the Train Station at 10:00 am. We checked out the daily schedule and concluded that we should start with a trip to New Orleans Square and a photo attack on Princess Tiana’s Mardi Gras Celebration.

On our way down Main St. I couldn’t resist snapping a shot of the beautiful tulips near the flag pole. What can I say, I love tulips.

We staked out the stairs right in front of the stage and waited for the Princess to arrive. While waiting some of us had a close encounter with Pluto.

Mickey & Minnie made their royal appearance.

Princess Tiana made her entrance with style and put on her show.

However, I didn’t watch much of Tiana because I was too distracted by her two littlest/biggest fans.

From there we took a Cruise through the Jungle swarming a boat with 14 photographers.

After our little boat ride, we headed to the Golden Horseshoe Saloon to catch the Billy Hill show. Unfortunately, the floor tables were all filled so we took to the balconies. Not the greatest location for taking pictures but we made the best of it and had a great time.

After Billy Hill we had a nice lunch at Rancho Del Zocalo where Gregg (Corsair 13) shared his extensive knowledge of cameras with those who needed some help.

From there we decided to partake of the Coronation Ceremony at Princess Fantasy Faire.

Then came our second boat ride, this one through Storybook Land where we gained a few new photo geeks making us split up onto two boats. The best part was when our boats passed each other and being the photo geeks we are, meant we just had to take each others picture.

Next we paid a visit to the Jedi Training Academy for an encounter with the Dark Side.

After that, we met up with the Official Disney Photographer Bob Desmond and his associate Jeff Nickel. Bob was very generous with his time and knowledge making all of us feel special. They also used their Disney clout to reserve us the entire front row for the Aladdin Musical Spectacular. Having 20 photographers lined up right in front of the stage was a blast. Even the row behind us would laugh when you would hear all those shutters clicking like crazy.

It was getting late so Bob & Jeff had to take their leave along with a bunch of others leaving 6 of us to ride Toy Story Mania, grab some dinner at Red Rockets and then photograph the Magic, Memories & You show.

Since it was now 10:00 pm and I had a 90 minute drive ahead of me, Diane and I headed home, completely exhausted and thoroughly pleased.

I hope all the photographers who were there that day can post their thoughts and photos on this thread as well. Hopefully we can learn even more from it.

(Save your favorite photo or the one you think is your best for the Photo Meet Photo Contest that will start next week. We will all post our best shot and let the Mice Chat readers vote to see who reins Photo King. The winner will receive a $25.00 Amazon Gift card supplied by me.)
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Seeker of Fun

Re: 2nd Mice Chat Photo Meet Highlights…

Great photos! Hope you guys had a great day together!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes! Can't wait to see more! And you're doing a contest? Sweeet!!!!

Did you guys do this meet on a Sunday? If so did you guys put in an appearance at the noon meet and did anyone take pictures of that?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

These are great. I'd love to see more from the meet.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

That looked like a completely amazing meet. The pictures were AWESOME. Hot Sauce 1, you take some great photos (I presume these are all your photos.) What a neat way to get together and share your knowledge. Thanks for sharing this event.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Wow- those are amazing! Love the shot of the group at Aladdin! And the tulips at the flagpole. Gorgeous. Thank you for sharing - I'm inspired!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Do my eyes deceive me? I don't see Mr. Main-Billy himself. Weird. Only two originals are the front guys(train thing and Mr. Bass), as far as I can tell.
    Caleb

"Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning."

"Adventure is out there!"

22 times to Disneyland in one year, personal record.

(Save the Disneyland Hotel Waterfalls too!)

Here are a couple of mine that I finished so far...Had a great time, met some fabulous people, and already looking forward to the next one!

Cave of Wonders by Gregg L Cooper, on Flickr

Schweitzer Falls - The FRONT Side of Water... by Gregg L Cooper, on Flickr

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by ozmacity View Post
    Do my eyes deceive me? I don't see Mr. Main-Billy himself. Weird. Only two originals are the front guys(train thing and Mr. Bass), as far as I can tell.
    There are two Billy troops, Kirk Wall (The main Billy you speak of) needs a day off now and then too.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

I was at the Photo Day on Sunday and had a wonderful time. I can't thank Hot Sauce enough for putting this together for all of us to enjoy. I met great people that were so helpful with giving me great information about photography and helping me with my camera. (I'm the one looking so intense as Gregg is helping me with my camera.) What a great group and I would recommend anyone that loves photography and Disney to come out and join the next Photo Day. It was a wonderful experience and I am so looking forward to going again. I will jump at the chance to go anytime....actually I have been craving to go back since Sunday. There are various levels of photographers so don't be shy and everyone is so help, you will really enjoy yourself.

Hot Sauce and Corsair 13.....FABULOUS PHOTOS!!! and a BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!

• Elk Grove Chris

So hating that I live so far away right now. Sounds like an awesome experience, thanks for sharing.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

I have to have ALL of my photos sorted by next week? lol
    I had an amazing time meeting and hanging out with all of you! If any of you are going to be at the parks to shoot, let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swinginonastar/
    Last edited by SwinginOnAStar; 03-09-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: link fixing

• ohai

Very nice images, with some very nice settings!

My day started out with being a half hour late and having to hunt down everyone in NOS (an inconspicuous group we are not, lol), followed by introductions and shooting Tiana's Mardis Gras Celebration. It was great spending the day with everyone and talking about Disney and photography and just getting to know some of the awesome photographers we have here. This has definitely been one of my most memorable trips to the resort, probably the most amazing one since I first saw world of color ^_^

Meeting up with Bob and hearing him talk about his years photographing for Disney and the things he's done was awesome. Getting front row seating for Aladdin A Musical Spectacular was amazing! I have never shot from so close to the stage and it was really something. I'm still sorting through all those photos to find the diamonds in the rough, but I do have some pretty sweet photos to share with you all. Before I share them though, I'd like to thank Hot Sauce 1 for putting this together, it was great to finally put faces to the names I see here and on Flickr.

Anyways, without further ado, some photos!

Starting the day with catching up to the group, just making it in time for the Mardis Gras celebration:

After taking a tour of the jungle we headed over to see Billy Hill, and I had the idea that it would be great fun to HDR the HDR photographer

From there we went over to the Princess Fantasy Fair for the Royal Coronation Ceremony and snapped a few shots of the princess:

After that we went for a ride through Disney history on the Storybook land Canals:

We then moseyed on over to the Jedi Training Academy:

Finally we all met with Bob and Jeff who awesomely agreed to head over with us to see Aladdin at DCA:

After that those of us left went over to small world and chatted for a bit, got some pictures of the colurful new show set against a lovely puke-colored sky. After the last few left SwinginOnAStar and I headed over to the tiki room to get out of the rain. I have no pictures of this, but I did shoot some video for my secret tiki room project, shhh, tell no one O_O

Finally we went on Indiana Jones, but only got half way down the queue before the lights all went on and were stopped at the well. While we waited for the ride to come back up I thought it might be a good chance to get a picture of the well room with all the lights nice and bright:

Last edited by Omnitographer; 03-12-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Oooohhh, more pictures!!!!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast