Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

What are you afraid of?

So I know how much all of us love the Disney parks, obviously. But is there anything in the parks that frightens you? Or is there anything that used to frighten you when you were younger?

I'll go first.

I am absolutely terrified of the Carnosaurs in the Dinosaur ride at Walt Disney World. I refuse to sit on the right or left of the jeep, I have to sit in the middle to be "safe" from being eaten. That ride feels so real it is scary.

What are you afraid of?

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Re: What are you afraid of?

falling out of the back of the Splash Mountain log.. .had a terrible fear of this growing up...

actually, I didnt go on splash mountain for the longest time cause the log ride at Knott's scared me to death. haha

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

• I'm not really here

Nope... no current fears. As a child I was terrified of the mountains. Then I just kind of decided to stop being afraid because I was missing out on all the obvious fun people were having coming off the rides grinning and laughing. Haven't looked back since.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

I've been a big chicken and haven't ridden ToT. I kind-of have an unnatural fear of elevators already, so a ride that has an elevator going out of control doesn't really appeal to me. However, I do notice how many of you love the ride and say it is awesome and I'm starting to feel left out. One day I'll conquer it.

As a kid, I was deathly afraid of the whale in the Storybook Canal Cruise. I mean, WHY do you want me to sail into an open whale's mouth? He blinks! He's real! Have you all lost your minds?!?!?! (My parents forced me on it - I cried a lot, and then once we passed the whale I was bored. hahaha)
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

Mickeys Fun Wheel, I hate the ride and refuse to go on it.

• formerly very helpful

I don't know if it was fear, or just being freaked out, but I was really bothered by the little models of Atommobiles that you saw going through the Mighty Microscope in Adventure Thru Inner Space. For t hat matter, the "eye" really scared me when I was little. Had to look away or cover my eyes.

Terrified of viewing my online bank statement after a weekend at Disneyland.

I'm kind of afraid of Indiana Jones. I don't like being out of control! When I was little, I was terrified of POTC. I hated loud noises (and still do) so I was scared that the pirates were going to fire their guns. I was the floor, sobbing by the end of the ride! Even worse, that was one of the first rides we went on, so I was scared of nearly everything we did afterwards.

That huge lift hill at the end of POTC has always freaked me out. I always feel like the boat is going to suddenly fall backwards.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by DrAlice View Post
    [...] so a ride [...] going out of control doesn't really appeal to me.
    That was how I used to be... I felt out of control. It wasn't till years later, as I became more interested in physics, that they were in complete control the entire time and that the lack of control was an illusion. If it helps, just remember that it is completely controlled. It helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I don't know if it was fear, or just being freaked out, but I was really bothered by the little models of Atommobiles that you saw going through the Mighty Microscope in Adventure Thru Inner Space. For t hat matter, the "eye" really scared me when I was little. Had to look away or cover my eyes.
    My parents tell me that I was the same way. I was convinced we wouldn't be made normal size again and we'd be stuck small forever.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I'm always afraid California is going to have "The Big One" (earthquake) while I'm on Space Mountain. I've basically got the track memorized and I'm afraid that one day I'm going to go: "uhhhh... not part of the riiiiiiiiiiiide!"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

AP renewal letters

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    AP renewal letters
    Excellent!!

The final drop on Splash used to scare the absolute pee out of me! So much so that I wouldn't go on it sometimes. But ever since Screamin' and TOT, 52 feet doesn't seem that big of a deal anymore. Having said that, I still won't go on Mickey's Wheel of Freakin' Terror! I went on it once. On the stationary buckets. And about lost my mind! I kept thinking, "This would be a real bad time for an earthquake."
    Last edited by TodAZ1; 03-10-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: I was so scared I couldn't spell!!!

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Eating at the Village Haus...

Actually, the first time my dad took my brother and I to Disneyland (I was four years old), I got really scared and cried as the boat entered the IASW building. (WHAT?! It was weird to be going under a building, in a boat floating in a flume! Sheesh.) The dolls inside freaked me out even more, for a bit. After a minute or two, I calmed down and got into the groove of it.

My poor dad thought that IASW would be a good first ride to try with us kids. What really shocked him was that as soon as I saw PotC and the Haunted Mansion, I insisted on riding them. He only reluctantly agreed. What he didn't know was that my brother and I had (and loved) a pair of books, which included '45s*, telling the 'stories' for each ride.

*By '45 I mean the smaller size of vinyl record, not a large can of malt liquor or a hand gun.
    Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 03-10-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1 View Post
    The final drop on Splash used to scare the absolute pee out of me!
    Dangit that's why my seat was wet last time I went on.... :-p

Scares, hmm maybe maliboomer (though it's gone) or feeling a little woozy after space mountain.

Ever since I've had MS I get a little vertigo so certain days I have to watch riding on space or California Screamin Teacups are off limits to me anymore also. Annoying cause I can spin the thing fast!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast