• Pirate Girl

Disneyland 2006 Rose Parade Float?

Ahoy all,

I was wondering if anybody knows what the design will be for Disneyland's Rose Parade float this(2006) year? All I could find on the Tournament website is that DL is a participant. And can anyone help decorate the floats or do you have to be a Cast Member? I live close to where they do many floats(Azusa, Duarte and Pasadena) and would love to help.

Thanks in advance.

Aprille șOș

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Disneyland 2006 Rose Parade Float?

As it stands right now, only cast members can volenteer to build the float.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• All? NO, ALL!

Probably the same one, as the 50th continues for almost another year (and will probably get extended like 100 Years of Magic did). If not, perhaps something promoting Rock It Mountain, Tower of Terror's New Random Drop Sequences, and/or Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue.

• Defeats the Huns

Same float?? DL has used the same float in two different year's parades? I doubt that.

I'm sure they'll find some clever way to market one of the newly refurbished rides or upcoming refurbished rides. POTC would be a good one since the movies are coming out too. So I just looked up the theme for the 2006 Rose Parade... "It's Magical" -- how GENERIC and how EASY will it be for Disney to do ANYTHING! hahaha

My favorite "clever theme" is still "A DROP IN PITCH" for 2004 Rose Parade's theme .. something to do with music. It was mighty clever in my books.

• Earth Intruder

I was thinking about doing this this year -- I wonder if friends of CMs are able to help decorate the nite before the rose parade. *hint,hint* I'm sure they can use all the help they can get.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• The Fantasyland guy

hmmm.. Does Disney think anyone (CM's that is,) will volunteer for this after invoking the worse policy every? (Presenteeism)

Family and friends (at least 12 years old) of Cast Members may help decorate The Walt Disney Company's '06 Rose Parade float December 27-30. Design details expected Friday, December 2.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    My favorite "clever theme" is still "A DROP IN PITCH" for 2004 Rose Parade's theme .. something to do with music. It was mighty clever in my books.
    I agree that the theme was clever, but the float...not so much. I was disappointed with DL in that the vast majority of the floats in the parade are about the beauty of flowers through the conveyance of an overriding theme and are not a blatant advertisment of the company. I've gone to the Rose Parade for 20 years now, and it just made me kinda sad that DL turned their float into a less-than-impressive ride replication (like the California Screamin' they did for their other float)...plus 2004 was the year I actually marched in the parade, so it was even more of a bummer that the float was kinda...eehhh. I believe that the theme of the parade this year is something to do with "magic", so I'm guessing they're gonna do a replica of the castle and just make it uber-gold...which sucks for all of the workers cause that means everyone's favorite....dried straw flowers!! yay!!! *puke* anyway, let's hope they have to rely on those devoted APers to volunteer to decorate!!

Does anyone know where I can see pictures of the old floats??

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOMBOOM0688
    Does anyone know where I can see pictures of the old floats??
    Over the past few years there's been three floats of note: The DCA opening float, the ToT opening float, and the 50th float. The ToT is the ugliest of them, I'd say. Here's some other people's photos.

Here's the DCA one. Click on 'em to make them big

The 50th one, from someone's web page. These are monster, superhuge pictures so click the links:

http://www.darchiver.com/gallery/alb...30_3090?full=1

http://www.darchiver.com/gallery/alb...30_3091?full=1

And finally, that crummy ToT float. Where the heck are the flowers?

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

if you go down to volunteer, you might not even get to decorate the disney float, per se. We volunteered last year and got to work on all of the floats in that warehouse. So if you could volunteer for one of the other floats, you might just get to wrok on the disney float!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

The decoration of floats that are in the tents or pavillions (like the tents in Duarte or the Rosemont Pavillion in Pasadena) are run by decorating companies like Phoenix or Fiesta. Some floats are decorated by mostly employees & family (like BP/ARCO or Bank of America) or by other groups (last I heard, the Kodak float is decorated by groups of deaf individuals, and that float is usually the most beautiful one!) If you want a good chance to help decorate a float, go for the "self-built" floats, like most of the city entries. Most self-builts have websites where you can find out information. Even the Rose Parade itself has a website.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

As long as it is not called the Walt Disney World 50th float, than I will be happy!