Exclamation Little Mermaid Ride Audio

So I recently came across this video that might possibly the ride audio for the little mermaid ride. The video was posted in January, so the audio might have changed since then, but it sound pretty complete.

That's right, I got a light cycle in my signature.

Re: Little Mermaid Ride Audio

I think this is the audio to the ride mock up that was included on "The Little Mermaid" DVD. I believe the DVD came out in 2006, so the audio is much older than January.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    So I recently came across this video that might possibly the ride audio for the little mermaid ride. The video was posted in January, so the audio might have changed since then, but it sound pretty complete.

Nice find, and fits somwehat, but the audio is from the DVD bonus feature of the original version of the ride:

While some may be the same, I doubt all of it will be. And, I am willing to bet more of the songs are going to be used in the new ridethrough, especially "Part of Your World" and "Poor Unfortunate Souls."
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Forgotten Spirit

1) As others have said, not the exact audio
    2) I'm really glad they didn't build that version of the attraction, based on that rendering, it looks pretty bad in my opinion (<=== read that last bit before flaming me.)

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    1) As others have said, not the exact audio
    2) I'm really glad they didn't build that version of the attraction, based on that rendering, it looks pretty bad in my opinion (<=== read that last bit before flaming me.)
    Don't worry, I agree. It isn't strange to prefer the ride we are getting with advanced audio animatronics versus a C-ticket cardboard cut-out version we could've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    Don't worry, I agree. It isn't strange to prefer the ride we are getting with advanced audio animatronics versus a C-ticket cardboard cut-out version we could've had.
    Current LM models show cardboard cutouts--Imagineers don't actually build 3D models of animatronics for the models, traditionally they are just substituted with cutouts. The virtual ride-thru just used cutouts to give an idea of scenes, similar to how the Cars test video substituted Imagineer's voices for that of the cars.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

haha yes if they would have build the ride in the 1990's it would have been cut outs..haha this is not Mr Toads Wild ride.

To me it seems like building must have been big with the boat at the beginning, it looked like almost as big as the boat on pirates.

• Banned User

I am glad the version we're finally getting won't have all that neon lighting and static animatronic figures. Does anyone know if the music in this ride is original? That is, not taken directly from the movie, but new versions of the existing music.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

So what's the mystery? They'll lift the music and dialogue from the movie whenever they can, and if they can get the additional copyright usage clearances from the artists - if they didn't get them ahead of time in the initial contracts.

Or get the clearances from their estates if they are no longer with us: Paddi Edwards (Flotsam & Jetsam), Buddy Hackett (Scuttle), Kenneth Mars (Triton), Ben Wright (Grimsby), Hamilton Camp (voices), Robert Weil (voices) and I'm not going to dig through the rest of the list at IMDB.

It costs a LOT to hire a composer to make up new music interludes and backing tracks, and then to hire an orchestra to get what you want, but they have to if nothing from the soundtrack fits. But they can cheat and use a local orchestra rather than booking a big one like London Symphony Orchestra. A lot of the local players are the same ones doing session work.

Same thing with all the dialogue, but if you want Sebastian to do something totally not in the movie like the "Please keep all hands and arms inside the seashell..." you'll have to get Samuel B Wright into a studio and make new tracks. If you want Scuttle to do it, you need to find an actor who does the voice...

Or they would have to have been planning WAY ahead and getting the actors to make these possible attraction voice tracks at the same time they were doing the movie recording sessions. Not unheard of, but they'd want to be paid for them ahead of time for a ride that might never happen.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1