how bad does it have to be raining before they cancel fantasmic and/or the fireworks?

THe forecasts for my trip next week keep changing in terms of rain predictions, but given that we bought the fantasmic balcony package for next thursday, I was wondering if anyoine could share some insight as to how the park handles cancelling either fantasmic and.oir the fireworks b/c of rain (i.e, it has to be a monsoon, one drop and its cancelled or what?)

thanks for the help!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: how bad does it have to be raining before they cancel fantasmic and/or the fireworks?

I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or not, but I believe they usually they make the decision a few moments before the event is scheduled to occur..much like a professional baseball game. If they look at the doplar radar and see a break in the rain coming, they may hold the parade or fireworks until that particular storm cell passes through. I know they did this several years ago when one of my groups performed for Candlelight. They ended up canceling due to rain, but only a 1/2 hour after the scheduled start time. I'm thinking they need a certain amount of time for the electrical, etc to dry before they go with the show. And wouldn't tinkerbell get fried if they sent her down in the rain? God forbid they send her down in a thunderstorm. I have, however, sat through a light rain for at least one of the parades.

Think of it this way...if it's pouring, you might not see your show, but there should be short lines everywhere in the park.

Re: how bad does it have to be raining before they cancel fantasmic and/or the fireworks?

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    And wouldn't tinkerbell get fried if they sent her down in the rain? God forbid they send her down in a thunderstorm. I have, however, sat through a light rain for at least one of the parades.
    Well, actually she wouldn't because her mechanism is not electronic. Now if you're talking about the wings... that's another story...
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• Defeats the Huns

I believe light rains will not cancel fireworks but will cancel Fantasmic due to the many electrical components in the show. WINDS will cancel the fireworks though.

• that's right!

Do you get a refund if you pay for the balcony and it doesn't happen?