Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: What time do the lights go out?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    I'm currently staying at GCH, last night the Paradise Pier music stayed on until around 11PM, but all the rides lights were on till the wee hours, not sure exactly when they shut them of if they did, had to get some sleep. Long day!
    Yeah, I think DCA is kept alit til dawn for the most part because of the GCH rooms that are paying to look out on it. You never know when someone is going to look outside and see if it's still there.

Besides, looking out your window at darkness, and knowing that coasters and a ferris wheel and bear-shaped mountain and towers of terror and big plastic dinosaurs selling sunglasses are just outside your room but hidden in the dark... It's a little unsettling, no?

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

There are many types of lights in DL and DCA but most of the show lights and main lights are turned off the ones that stya on are the auxillary lights if any are around or the main lamps stay on. I used to work 3rd shift at DCA and the lamp post never turned off. When pressure washing was done a large portable light would be brought in to help with more light. It was cool at first to see the park soooo empty. I remember pressure washing by myself at the Redwood creek area and get freaked out some times since it was so dark. But to answer your questions they do turn off most of the lights once security has done their final sweep for the night. which is usually 2 hours after the stores close. =)
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

I used to work 3rd shift. All the lights stay on. In fact, in some areas, like Rivers of America area in front of POTC, more lights are turned on at night.

The other "fun fact" is that the music stays on all night in most areas as well.
    Former Submarine Voyage CM 1994-1995

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by Conncr
    I used to work 3rd shift. All the lights stay on. In fact, in some areas, like Rivers of America area in front of POTC, more lights are turned on at night.

The other "fun fact" is that the music stays on all night in most areas as well.
    Seriously?

When we were there recently, we couldn't sleep, so we got up and at 'im at 5 am! Security wouldn't let us in the Esplande (sp), but also both the sound and lights did appear to be on all over from that vantage point.

Interesting discussion. Sounds like it would be a money drain but would keep up appearances.

Peace once more,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

I usually see Paradise Pier lights and TOT lights off when I leave Disneyland really late. But other times, they stay on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12