Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What time do the lights go out?

Does anybody know what time the lights go out after DL and DCA close? I was told usually about two hours after closing. Some say they stay on all night. Has anybody drivin by late enough to know?

• no flash photography...

Re: What time do the lights go out?

I really don't know, but I would think there would be some lights on all night since the night crew goes in to work on the park after closing.

I think my parents said the dca lights were on all night. The had a theme park view.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Im pretty sure that the street lights they leave on but the special effects are turned off, but the crew go out and need light to see what they are doing.

• I love that tiny bear!

DCA lights are probably on at least 'til Disneyland closes; I know they were up at 11 PM on a Saturday night when the smaller park supposedly closed at 9 (DL was open 'til midnight). Can't give any more help than that, though. I'd imagine they might leave Paradise Pier up all night since it's so visible from outside, but you can't see much of DL from the street (except the Matterhorn) so those lights might go off once the park is cleared...

I would think the large items like TOT, Cal. Screamin and so forth would stay lit just because they're in public view.

• Disney Secrets Master

I had a theme park view of dca once from the grand californian. Some of the lights were turned off, a lot actually but the main ones stayed on Ex. Tot, california screamin, maliboomer, even if i remember the orange stinger i think. Mainly just ones like that.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Closed Account

i believe the lights stay on all the time, this way during the park closing, they can see which lightbulbs need replacing. It is rare for me to see a burned out light on main street.

• Disney Secrets Master

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    i believe the lights stay on all the time, this way during the park closing, they can see which lightbulbs need replacing. It is rare for me to see a burned out light on main street.
    Yea same for me. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a burnt out lightbulb at the whole disneyland resort! I will have to look next time, I'm on a mission! lol
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• Vehicle rotating backward

From my stays in the Disneyland Hotel I remember seeing the Matterhorn lit up all the time, although Splash Mountain may or may not go dark.

Disney does turn off big things at WDW, though. From watching their webcam, Spaceship Earth goes black sometime around 1:15AM and around 4:30 the sphere lights up, with the wand lighting up a half hour later until the sun comes out.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Tower of Terror at DCA does not really have a set time for the lighting to go off. It has bee lit until after 12am, but then there are days when the lights are off soon after DCA has closed. So because the building is in public view really doesn't seem to matter.

• Cast Member

Lights at Disneyland itself, especially at Main Street on a regular day, not a crazy peak hours weekend situation will stay on anywhere from a couple hours after park closes. I've left work(from MS) and seen the lights turn off a lot of times as soon as I'm going home and all that are on are the lanterns with their little flames. That would be around 11pm. But of course there is no exact set time for anything for a lot of reasons like maintanence, etc.

DCA, who knows? I don't really concern myself with that place.

Bye.

• CM for 4 years!

I was at a private party in the park until 3 am, and all the Main Street lights were still on. I don't think they did that just for us. :P
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I'm currently staying at GCH, last night the Paradise Pier music stayed on until around 11PM, but all the rides lights were on till the wee hours, not sure exactly when they shut them of if they did, had to get some sleep. Long day!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• No marbles to begin with!

I've heard that some things are left on simply because it would cost more to keep turning them on and off. Whether it is true, I haven't a clue.

My wife worked the 3rd shift at Disney. She says the lights never go off. Cast members are cleaning and repairing all night. Smetimes they have parade practices and stuff like that going on too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast