View Poll Results: What was your favorite Disneyland Birthday or year at the park?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 35th anniversary 1990

3 23.08%
  • 40th anniversary 1995

6 46.15%
  • 45th anniversary 2000

0 0%
  • 50th Anniversary 2005

4 30.77%
  • 55th anniversary 2010

0 0%
  • 1989 splash Mountain

0 0%
  • 1992 Fantasmic

0 0%
  • 1993 toontown

0 0%
  • 2001 Opening of DCA

0 0%
  • 1991 Disney Afternoon Avenue

0 0%

• Banned User

Question What was your Favorite Disneyland Birthday Celebration? Favorite Year at the Park?

I have to say the 40th Anniversary was my Favorite, It was the summer of Indiana Jones, The Lion King Parade, Pocahontas in the Fantasyland Theatre...1995 was awesome!!!

The summer of 1996 was equally as cool! Along with the above mentioned, they added the Festival of Fools...good times!!!

I know ALL of you LOVED Tomorrowland 98...thats why it isnt on the list JK JK LOL!!!
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 03-15-2011 at 03:47 PM.

• Minion

Re: What was your Favorite Disneyland Birthday Celebration? Favorite Year at the Park

I'll be the dissenter and say 1976 was my favorite year there. The fireworks show was longer than normal due to the nationwide bicentennial celebration and it was done in a theme of red, white and blue fireworks. Hans, Otto and Fritz climbing the Matterhorn. Tinkerbell flight from the Matterhorn. America on Parade instead of the (equally good) Main Street Electrical Parade. Fantasy on Parade at Christmas. Rock Hudson narrated the Christmas Candlelight Processional. Spring Fling. Country Music Jubliee. Viva Mexico. Senior Citizens Days. Disneyland and All That Jazz. Date Nites. Tomorrowand Terrace concerts. Disneyland Band. Royal Street Bachelors. Dapper Dans. Banjo Kings. Pearly Band. Mariachi San Marcos.

And what a collection of attractions to choose from: Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland. Adventure Thru Inner Space. Hanuted Mansion. Pirates of the Caribbean. PeopleMover. Mission to Mars. Skyway. Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island. Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes. Disneyland Railroad, with the dioramas. Sailing Ship Columbia. Mark Twain Steamboat. America Sings. Jungle Cruise. Monorail. Matterhorn Bobsleds. Enchanted Tiki Room. "it's a small world." Submarine Voyage. Country Bear Jamboree. The Walt Disney Story featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Previews of Coming Attractions. GAF Photo Salon. Frontierland Gun Collection. Rocket Jets. Mike Fink Keel Boats. Peter Pan Flight. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Dumbo. Snow White's Adventures. Autopia (Fantasyland and Tomorrowland). Shooting Gallery. Alice in Wonderland. Mad Tea Party. Fantasyland Theater. Main Street Cinema. Motor Boat Cruise. Swiss Family Treehouse. Storybook Land Canal Boats. Casey Jr. Circus Train. Horse Drawn Street Car. Horseless Carriage. Omnibus. Fire Engine. King Arthur Carousel. Sleeping Beauty Castle. All the great Main Street shops with unique and original merchandise. Tahitian Terrace. Golden Horseshoe Revue. Coke Corner. Cap'n Hook's ship. Skull Rock. America the Beautiful in Circle-Vision 360.

The only great thing missing was Space Mountain, which did not open until May 1977. The ticket book with admission to the park and 15 tickets cost $7.00. And you could buy individual tickets at various booths around the park. And it was still relatively uncrowded, compared to today. What a park that was. Today's park is still good, but if I had to choose between 1976 and 2011, I'd take 1976 without question.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Re: What was your Favorite Disneyland Birthday Celebration? Favorite Year at the Park

I said the 40th anniversary for the same reasons. Good times at Disneyland!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I'll be the dissenter and say 1976 was my favorite year there. The fireworks show was longer than normal due to the nationwide bicentennial celebration and it was done in a theme of red, white and blue fireworks. Hans, Otto and Fritz climbing the Matterhorn. Tinkerbell flight from the Matterhorn. America on Parade instead of the (equally good) Main Street Electrical Parade. Fantasy on Parade at Christmas. Rock Hudson narrated the Christmas Candlelight Processional. Spring Fling. Country Music Jubliee. Viva Mexico. Senior Citizens Days. Disneyland and All That Jazz. Date Nites. Tomorrowand Terrace concerts. Disneyland Band. Royal Street Bachelors. Dapper Dans. Banjo Kings. Pearly Band. Mariachi San Marcos.

And what a collection of attractions to choose from: Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland. Adventure Thru Inner Space. Hanuted Mansion. Pirates of the Caribbean. PeopleMover. Mission to Mars. Skyway. Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island. Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes. Disneyland Railroad, with the dioramas. Sailing Ship Columbia. Mark Twain Steamboat. America Sings. Jungle Cruise. Monorail. Matterhorn Bobsleds. Enchanted Tiki Room. "it's a small world." Submarine Voyage. Country Bear Jamboree. The Walt Disney Story featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Previews of Coming Attractions. GAF Photo Salon. Frontierland Gun Collection. Rocket Jets. Mike Fink Keel Boats. Peter Pan Flight. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Dumbo. Snow White's Adventures. Autopia (Fantasyland and Tomorrowland). Shooting Gallery. Alice in Wonderland. Mad Tea Party. Fantasyland Theater. Main Street Cinema. Motor Boat Cruise. Swiss Family Treehouse. Storybook Land Canal Boats. Casey Jr. Circus Train. Horse Drawn Street Car. Horseless Carriage. Omnibus. Fire Engine. King Arthur Carousel. Sleeping Beauty Castle. All the great Main Street shops with unique and original merchandise. Tahitian Terrace. Golden Horseshoe Revue. Coke Corner. Cap'n Hook's ship. Skull Rock. America the Beautiful in Circle-Vision 360.

The only great thing missing was Space Mountain, which did not open until May 1977. The ticket book with admission to the park and 15 tickets cost $7.00. And you could buy individual tickets at various booths around the park. And it was still relatively uncrowded, compared to today. What a park that was. Today's park is still good, but if I had to choose between 1976 and 2011, I'd take 1976 without question.
    +1

• Semi-Lurker

What about the 30th Anniversary? There was a pretty big celebration that year also.

That was an AWESOME celebration!

Which birthday had the giant characters balloons? I want to say 35th/1990 celebration but I might be wrong. I even remember the song they sang in the parade! "Happy birthday, HAPPY birthday, happy birthday, birthday to you. SING OUT!!"

I could be wrong, though. I seem to remember something like a Goofy birthday parade too around that time.

• I miss my Disney

You left off 30Th in 1985!! Year long celebration and then a 24 hour party.
    Permanecer sentados por favor.

• Refugee from a island

I got to celebrate Disneyland's 50th and my 50th at the park, that was a great year!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I have to choose 40th as well with the 50th in a VERY close second.
    This year, I think, could top it when ST and TLM open. And if not this year, than next year when Carsland opens. So much to look forward to!!!

• Banned User

it seems to me that the hype for the Birthday parties has dwindled...there used to be TV shows based on new attractions (i.e. Splash Mountain/ Indiana Jones Adventure) and Birthday Celebrations (i.e. 30th birthday and 35th anniversary) the 90's was awesome! they'd show the opening day of Disneyland on the Disney Channel and run Disneyland programs all month long in July....the 55th birthday last year was such a disappointment =0(