Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

dmtnt55: Disneyland & Arizona - Trip Reports

dmtnt55 Goes Home: A Disneyland Trip Report

AND...

dmtnt55 Goes To The Desert: An Arizona Trip Report

Hello, and welcome! For those of you that aren't quite familiar with me, I am dmtnt55, a 16 year old male living in the frozen tundra of Minnesota. I love all things Disney, and my family and I were excited to have the opportunity to head to California for a few days at the Disneyland Resort!

But enough of that boring introduction stuff, let's get to the trip report!

This past week was our Spring Break vacation, which included 2 days and 3 nights at the Disneyland Resort, and 5 days and 4 nights in Arizona.

So this was my first time at Disneyland since August 2009, and a trip of many other firsts. But since this trip was only a few days long, I didn't take TOO many pictures, but enough to come up with a decent trip report (hopefully). I think I'll break it down into different sections which you can access below:

TABLE OF CONTENTS (Disneyland):

TABLE OF CONTENTS (Arizona):
    • Chapter 1: The Drive (Coming 5/12/11)
    Last edited by dmtnt55; 05-07-2011 at 09:38 PM.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: dmtnt55 Goes Home: A Disneyland Trip Report

Chapter 1: Departure & Arrival

So it was a normal 5 day week at school, but with no packing done and a flight to catch at 4:45, I decided to play some hooky and skip school on Friday. I woke up at 8 AM which gave my plenty of time to get everything packed up and get ready to head to the airport.

We left to the airport at about 1:00 PM, as we wanted enough time to be able to park our car, take a shuttle, eat lunch, check bags, and all that other airport stuff.

After finally passing through security and getting all of that stuff taken care off, we made it into our gate at about 4:15 PM. We would be flying out of Gate H5 from the Minneapolis Airport this fine Friday evening.

After waiting around in the terminal for a little bit, they started letting people on the plane. Once on the plane, the flight attendants were talking about a portable entertainment device that was available to rent for the duration of your flight for only $6.

I figured 'Why not?' and asked to rent one. As you can tell by the picture here, you can watch a select amount of movies and TV shows, listen to some music, and play games.

I was very disappointed with the device. It seemed like a giant advertisement for Fox, as all of the movies and TV shows were from the company. To add to that, the 'games' were very cheesy flash games that someone could just play online for free. I definitely don't recommend renting one of these devices if you ever fly Sun Country.

So after a boring 3 and half hour some flight, we finally made it to LAX. From there we headed to Thrifty rental car, and everything went perfect. A great start to our trip. After picking up the rental car, everyone in my family was hungry so we agreed to eat a late dinner at McDonalds close to LAX.

After eating a late meal, it was time to make the drive to Anaheim. It was close to 8:50 that we arrived close to the Resort, as Remember...Dreams Come True was going off as we arrived.

It was certainly magical to see the fireworks while arriving, ready for an exciting trip. We kept on the roads and ended up at our hotel for the next 3 nights...

*drumroll*...

Yes! The Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. The 'first' first on this trip, as I only had been in the lobby of the place, but never actually stayed there over night.

Right when I walked in, I knew this was going to be a great trip. Everything was going perfect. Even the check-in desk didn't have a line or anything, and it was around 9:15 when we checked in.

The lobby here is certainly breath-taking.

I was wandering around the lobby and picked up some park maps and whatnot. Good stuff.

Looking at these kids enjoying Disney shorts made me want to join them...

...so I did!

Then I got weird stares from both the kids and their parents...so I awkwardly walked away.

We finished the check-in process (which for anyone who has ever stayed at a Disney hotel, you know how long it can be ) and finally got our room. We took the elevator to Level 3, and went to our room.

The view from the room, which I was very satisfied with:

One of my few complaints of the GCH is the cheesy forest wallpaper in the hallways. Not the best:

And a picture of our room:

After all this fun, it was around 9:30, and I went venturing out into Downtown Disney with my brothers just to have some fun. We ended up checking out the construction at the Disneyland Hotel and listened to some live music. No shops.

After a half hour or so of time walking around Downtown Disney and the Grand Californian area, it was time to go to bed, as we had to wake up bright and EARLY for something tomorrow...

Coming up next...Chapter 2: A Magic Morning.

• Jack's Posse

Great So Far.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Goofy

nice thanks.

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post

Then I got weird stares from both the kids and their parents...so I awkwardly walked away.
    Lol same thing happened to me when I stayed at the Contemporary in Wdw except I stayed =P

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

More please!! Great so far!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

OMG! My room must've been so close to yours. My view was almost exactly the same, except that we were on the concierge level. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Aesome, Pete.

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

Can't wait for more!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Aesome, Pete.
    Since you always point out my mistakes, I will point this one out.
    What does aesome mean? I only know awesome.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Chapter 2: A Magic Morning

After going to bed at around 10:30, it was an early wake up the next day, as Mickey called us with a wake-up call at 6:15 AM. But why wake up so early? Well for Magic Mornings of course! For those of you who don't know what Magic Mornings are, hotel guests are allowed into Disneyland (not DCA) an hour earlier than the public on select dates. In this case, it was a 7 AM opening for Magic Mornings, and it's well worth getting up early. Trust me.

After waiting in line for about 10 minutes or so, I was home. Home in Disneyland, that is. It was a B-Line to Fantasyland this morning for my family.

Ahhhh, the plaque:

An empty Main Street:

Matterhorn at 7:05 AM

Partners:

Sleeping Beauty Castle:

So as I said, it was straight to Fantasyland to hit up all the dark rides, and pretty much everything else, except for Casey Jr. and the Canal Boats, as those open at 8 AM. I also should mention that only Fantasyland and select Tomorrowland attractions are open during MMs, but still, you get a whole lot done.

It's a tradition for me to ride Peter Pan first every visit:

And I was the FIRST one to ride! For that, the CM at the front gave me a free FastPass for Indy! Score!

After that, I felt like riding Dumbo, as I hadn't been on it in many years.

Dumbo is reeeeally cold as you soar through the morning air. It was only 60 degrees this brisk morning. Anyway, after that fun ride it was time for Tea Cups!

Then to Toad, which had NO WAIT at all.

After a ride with Mr. Toad, it was time for the Matterhorn!

Come on in!

My younger brother had never been on the Matterhorn, so we ended up going on it twice (and many more times this trip) because he really enjoyed it.

After riding every single open Fantasyland attraction, it was about 8:05 now, so that concludes the Magic Morning...or does it?

Coming up next...Chapter 3: Breakdown

• Swish and Flicker

Dumbo is reeeeally cold as you soar through the morning air. It was only 60 degrees this brisk morning. Anyway, after that fun ride it was time for Tea Cups!
    lol only

Anways great TR so far! Can't wait for more
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

And I was the FIRST one to ride! For that, the CM at the front gave me a free FastPass for Indy! Score!
    Nice!

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Some imagination, huh?

Good stuff so far! I like the GCH wallpaper :P

(Small suggestion: you might want to wipe the lens on whatever camera you're using, I think you've got a smudge.)

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Good TR so far! More please!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Quote Originally Posted by niklj View Post
    Good stuff so far! I like the GCH wallpaper :P

(Small suggestion: you might want to wipe the lens on whatever camera you're using, I think you've got a smudge.)
    I noticed the same thing, but I have cleaned the lens several times and nothing changes. I just think it's a poor camera overall.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast