Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone else disappointed World of Color?

I think its a show that needs to be seen once. I found out the hard way that watching the show from non fastpass areas can be better and the worst part it closes down all the cool paradise pier rides! The show looks doesnt even mirror the concept art.. They had cool alice art and didnt use it...Plus zurg doesnt show up like he does in the concept art.. I think it needs a redo or DCA should keep its PP rides open during the show or just show it once on weekends only.. Honestly fantasmic is better and it looks like Disney just combined Fantasmic and the Bellagio fountains to make this show...just my 2 cents I feel a bit betrayed...But dont get me wrong the show is still pretty cool and above the standard anywhere around the world

Re: Anyone else disappointed World of Color?

Disappointed With*

I dont understand how watching the show from non fast pass areas can be better. I love the show and think it is a show you can see over and over. I wouldnt compare it to fantasmic which is more of a performance. To me it is more equivalent to the fireworks.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I agree with the fact that just like people dont like Fantasmic at Disneyland, that when the show does not go on the area is VERY nice and you can walk around the water and its a great atmosphere BUT DCA finally has something that brings people into the park so it can't go. I'm sure they'll upgrade it over time but it's a fun show at many points.

Bot my favorite show but hey if I can grab a showpass for it then I do....besides once 2012 rolls around I'm sure the park will be open till 11 or midnight meaning they will be more time for the coaster to be up at night.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfito View Post
    I think its a show that needs to be seen once. I found out the hard way that watching the show from non fastpass areas can be better and the worst part it closes down all the cool paradise pier rides! The show looks doesnt even mirror the concept art.. They had cool alice art and didnt use it...Plus zurg doesnt show up like he does in the concept art.. I think it needs a redo or DCA should keep its PP rides open during the show or just show it once on weekends only.. Honestly fantasmic is better and it looks like Disney just combined Fantasmic and the Bellagio fountains to make this show...just my 2 cents I feel a bit betrayed...But dont get me wrong the show is still pretty cool and above the standard anywhere around the world
    1. World of Color was created to be changed over time. Scenes will come and go so changes will occur overtime

2. Paradise Pier closing the majority of the attractions (Toy Story stays open throughout the show) is a necessity because their operations will interfere with the show.

3. The Chesire Cat is in the finale.

4. The show needs to be shown frequentlly because the park does not have another major show to keep guests in at night.

5. Concept Art is what it is. It's suppose to let you see how the final product should be like. Things do change and a lot of the changes occured even before they started testing it.

6. I don't understand how you feel betrayed.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Well I guess I had high expectations...I do like the show! But it still feels a bit empty to me.. I get goosebumps from Fantasmic and fireworks but not this show. Might be a personal thing. I guess it could also be because the park closes so early I don't see a point in keeping guests in late for just WoC especially when some major attractions close at 7:30.

• Mouse at work

This show is nothing like The Bellagio and Fantasmic! . Then again, I've never seen DL's version in its entirety and I've only seen WDW's version once in December 2007 .
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Mouse at work

Concept art is just that: A CONCEPT. It's similar to how movies are made. There is concept art on how the film is supposed to look, but it almost never turns up EXACTLY like the concept art .
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfito View Post
    Well I guess I had high expectations...I do like the show! But it still feels a bit empty to me.. I get goosebumps from Fantasmic and fireworks but not this show. Might be a personal thing. I guess it could also be because the park closes so early I don't see a point in keeping guests in late for just WoC especially when some major attractions close at 7:30.
    I had higher hopes for the show too....but now I know what to expect but I mean I heard people CRIED from the show soooo I mean that was just too much hype for me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post

6. I don't understand how you feel betrayed.
    My thoughts exactly. Disney didn't promise anything except that it would be a huge nighttime spectacular - which it is. If Disney said "We promise this show will look EXACTLY like the concept art!!" then I would have been a little irritated... but they never said that. So.

^Jerrod, I cried during WoC (not like sobbing or anything, but tears). There are few shows that can capture the emotions that WoC does.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I agree with the fact that just like people dont like Fantasmic at Disneyland, that when the show does not go on the area is VERY nice and you can walk around the water and its a great atmosphere BUT DCA finally has something that brings people into the park so it can't go. I'm sure they'll upgrade it over time but it's a fun show at many points.

Bot my favorite show but hey if I can grab a showpass for it then I do....besides once 2012 rolls around I'm sure the park will be open till 11 or midnight meaning they will be more time for the coaster to be up at night.
    I think I'llbe satisfied if the park stays open longer each night.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I had higher hopes for the show too....but now I know what to expect but I mean I heard people CRIED from the show soooo I mean that was just too much hype for me.

I was emotionally moved by the show and it brought a tear to my eye. I wasn't weeping or anything, but I was not unphased by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitographer View Post
    I was emotionally moved by the show and it brought a tear to my eye. I wasn't weeping or anything, but I was not unphased by it.
    Same exact thing happened to me. I think it's a wonderful show! It didn't disappoint me at all.

• Artistic integrity

I'd like to hear from people who didn't like it at first, but perhaps, built a better appreciation for it in later views.

I have only seen it once. And hoping I find better appreciation, when I see it again.

I was shocked at my "mediocre" feelings/reaction! But it's for other reasons not posted.

For me .. Instead of revolving the show around the innovation of the technology itself .. I felt like I was watching a tv commercial for Disney's various franchises.

And mind you .... I have absolutely loved various Dancing Waters shows .. from the one in Sea World, to Disneyland Hotel, to Bellagio to The Grove in LA. Those shows revolved their programs around the graceful innovation of dancing waters - World of Color felt like a forced commercial for Disney animated features.

And the bland contemporary feel of re-working the song - World of Color sounded as "flat" as a pancake!

Oh well!

• Goofy

the show is very nice i wouldn't call great. im sure there is other water shows in the world that will blow you away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast