View Poll Results: Which Ride Do You Anticipate the Most in 2012?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transformers: The Ride (USH)

11 17.74%
  • Radiator Springs Racers/Cars Land (DCA)

45 72.58%
  • Manta (Sea World)

1 1.61%
  • None. The World Will End After They Open So Why Should it Matter?

5 8.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Which Ride Are You Anticipating the Most for 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I have and always will be a die-hard Transformers collector/fan. My vote goes for Transformers. I (any many of my friends) was never a fan of Cars. Which leads me to believe that Transformers will be a bigger hit than Carsland. It's got a die-hard fan base (like WWOHP), a hugely successful product AND franchise, it's going to be a mega attraction on budget of Forbidden Journey. Giant Robots are just plain awesome, in any shape or form. Carsland will help increase attendance at DCA, but Transformers will be a total game changer for Universal Studios Hollywood.
    What you basically just said. This ride is what will make USH even matter anymore. In fact, since this ride will use next-gen Spider-man tech, I'm sure this ride will put USH on the map like the Jurassic Park ride. Also, the fact that they have been so quiet about this ride makes me even more curious about it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    I had to go with the world ending answer. But should we somehow survive, I have to say Transformers is better. I just don't like the Cars movie(s). It wasn't a very good movie, doesn't deserve a sequel, certainly not it's own section of DCA. Pixar could have done much better.

In my opinion, at least.
    And yet you head towards the ride based off a worst movie? Revenge of the Fallen may be one of the crappiest films in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    And yet you head towards the ride based off a worst movie? Revenge of the Fallen may be one of the crappiest films in 20 years.
    Not only that...go watch the first Transformers movie again. In hindsight, it is really, really bad. I think everyone got caught up in the hype at the time.

• TINK TINK

My son and I are very much looking forward to all the new rides. We are such big Disney fans. Between now and next year, we're counting down the days for all the new rides and parade.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by readandburn View Post
    Not only that...go watch the first Transformers movie again. In hindsight, it is really, really bad. I think everyone got caught up in the hype at the time.
    It's fine for a "popcorn action flick" pretty girls, some action and some funny jokes but yeah aslo want to point out that even though I may not like the Cars movie of the second Transformers that has almost NOTHING to do with how the rides will turn out.

Racers is more based on the location than the movie (and it looks like it will be beautiful) and if Transformers is like Spiderman its going to be action packed and if they still have Animatroic's those will be pretty cool to see up close.

• Banned User

I happen to think CARS is a snoozer. The story is for todders. It is almost 2 hours long. I should be only 1.5 hours. I will not watch the sequel ever. I will not bother with the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    It's fine for a "popcorn action flick" pretty girls, some action and some funny jokes but yeah aslo want to point out that even though I may not like the Cars movie of the second Transformers that has almost NOTHING to do with how the rides will turn out.

Racers is more based on the location than the movie (and it looks like it will be beautiful) and if Transformers is like Spiderman its going to be action packed and if they still have Animatroic's those will be pretty cool to see up close.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. The "action" wasn't, the "acting" wasn't and the whole thing is a bore. (There were pretty girls in the movie? I just remember Megan Fox with all her plastic surgery.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Which ride are you Anticipating the most and why?

For me, it would be Transformers since the ride is to use next-gen Spider-man technology. Not only that, but it's supposed to have stunning 3D imagery that should blend in very well with the physical effects, "stunning robotics", and an elevator system that I don't think has been pulled off before for a dark ride.
    I know Vekoma has a prototype for an elevated dark ride type thingy, I dunno how to explain it, its like a 4D ride with lifts to each scene and it circles around the outside of the building...it looks very cool, its on their website...it may be something similar to that? i dunno

I picked RSR, But Im super-excited about Manta!!! first Maverick Type Coaster on the West Coast finally! =0D

• Pumpkin Dragon

I'm neutral on the whole thing. I only like DCA for Screamin and ToT, I never been to Universal and I rarely go to Sea World.

The only thing I am looking for is the 2012 version of The Haunted Mansion movie, with The Hatbox Ghost.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• The Pumpkin King

Transformers will be cool, but i HIGHLY doubt i'll go back to universal. Im, not voting because im excited for sea world san diego getting TWO new rides, one this year and one next year, plus their tutrle reef this year, so sea world will be better, majorly imo. Im excited for that. Also Im excited for Cars land at DCA

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit King View Post
    I had to go with the world ending answer. But should we somehow survive, I have to say Transformers is better. I just don't like the Cars movie(s). It wasn't a very good movie, doesn't deserve a sequel, certainly not it's own section of DCA. Pixar could have done much better.

In my opinion, at least.
    I agree 100%!!!! it is my least favorite of ALL Pixar films doesnt deserve a land or a sequel

• Banned User

RSR for sure. I get the feeling that Transformers will just be a glorified reboot of "Backdraft" and I don't expect Manta to be anything special.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Radiator Springs Racers, hands down! There's going to be so much going on witth that ride. It's gonna be an amazing experience.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• film975

Hey! I thought MiceChat was about Disneyland and the other DisneyParks. I could care less about what happens over at Universal Studios. Sure. I have gone a few times. But it doesn't live up to the magic that I feel when I go to a DisneyPark. Only Disney has that kind of magic.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^no magic but it does have

Cheap Aps that let you go to a park that almost never gets lines on week days and even most weekends. Plus HHN is to me Disney quality, just not for kids.

Transformers will be a ride to come and see in 2012 if you've been on Spiderman then you know what I mean, Since I would count that ride on my top 10 lists of best rides I've been on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast