Question Just got done with job interview

Hey, I just got done with a job interview at the Disneyland Resort and they told me they put me on the waiting list for two positions, both pretty similar. I was just wondering if this is a good sign they will hire me or not or if they were just lying to me to get me off the property as fast as possible :O
    Anyways, by any chance does anyone know around how long a position usually opens up?

Re: Just got done with job interview

Hi light1dragon,

Congratulations on landing an interview! I wouldn't know anything about the hiring process, but, I'm happy you got this far, and I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks Werner

• Hooterville, USA

Keep your fingers crossed, but not your eyes.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Future Indy Castmember

Thats a good sign. I did a phone interview recently to do the Disney College Program in DLR. I had 3 poisitions I applied for (Attractions, Photo Imaging and Custodial) and it seems pretty good for me as well. They will notify me in 3-4 weeks if I'm in the program.

It should be the same for you. They'll let you know if your hired in a couple of weeks.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Alright, cool thanks for the info. really appreciate it

I've been trying to land an interview with corporate for a while, but =(. Good Luck and make sure you followup!

Follow up?
    Well I actually applied twice, the first one was 7 months ago and the second time was a month ago. When I went in I was expecting them to look at the position I recently applied for, but instead it was the application that was from the first time I applied which I thought was really strange. I guess it takes a while now a days to look through all the applications cause they said they've been getting a lot more since the economy went down.

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Congrats on getting an interview! I hope all goes well for the future!

• Banned User

I got a call back 6 weeks after my last interview (3rd interview after the online test and "welcome to the world of Disney" orientation at the TDA building), for a 20-25 hour a week position at $9.00 an hour, but had gotten a job as a bartender (aka REALLY good MONEY$$) and had to turn them down, I know cast members who waited 3 months for a call back...Its a good job if you dont have Bills or are in college or retired, but hardly a job to make a living at, my friend works at DCA and she can barely pay the gas it takes to get to the park...

• DLR Cast Member

For me it was about 1 month between application and being called in for an interview. I know I was an unusually good interview for them, yet it was almost 5 months before I got the phone call offering me a position. My sense is that the turnover is much slower than pre-recession days, and they get so many applications they have not held job fairs for the last 2 years at least.

It took another 15 months for me to be accepted for Regular Full Time Status - I'm looking forward to the medical benefits - I'm already getting holiday pay, and accumulating sick time and vacation time.

I can't compare pay, benefits, et al. to other companies, since when I retired I wasn't interested in working anywhere but Disneyland. My sense, though, is that it is a pretty good benefits package.

All the regular stuff is pretty good. Working for a healthy company that pays me every week with paychecks that don't bounce - priceless!

•   
    • Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    For me it was about 1 month between application and being called in for an interview. I know I was an unusually good interview for them, yet it was almost 5 months before I got the phone call offering me a position. My sense is that the turnover is much slower than pre-recession days, and they get so many applications they have not held job fairs for the last 2 years at least.

It took another 15 months for me to be accepted for Regular Full Time Status - I'm looking forward to the medical benefits - I'm already getting holiday pay, and accumulating sick time and vacation time.

I can't compare pay, benefits, et al. to other companies, since when I retired I wasn't interested in working anywhere but Disneyland. My sense, though, is that it is a pretty good benefits package.

All the regular stuff is pretty good. Working for a healthy company that pays me every week with paychecks that don't bounce - priceless!

Did you retire at a "normal" age (as opposed to selling your dot.com for millions at 20)? If so, how do you enjoy working and interacting with so many young CMs? I ask because I too want to work there when I retire in a few years.

I was hired on the spot at my first interview (after the online test). It varies, I guess.

• Banned User

The waiting list sounds ominous. The resort can be pickier with the high unemployment rate. Many people are choosing to keep their positions instead of bailing out early in an industry that has high employee turnover. This could be a hint to not have high expectations. You're on the borderline. Not too good, not too bad. The waiting list is more like... you wait while we'll decide. Or we'll interview some more people that are probably better. Only when we're satisfied that no one else is out there, we'll call you.
    Last edited by StevenW; 04-14-2011 at 02:29 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    Did you retire at a "normal" age (as opposed to selling your dot.com for millions at 20)? If so, how do you enjoy working and interacting with so many young CMs? I ask because I too want to work there when I retire in a few years.
    I can't answer this at retirement age, but I worked in DTD before my son was born, in my mid-30's, and most of my co-workers were 16-20 year olds. It was great! Disney and DTD requires a high level of professionalism on stage and I never had a problem working with a bunch of people half my age . I thought it might be kind of weird at first, but it was just fine. Plus in the park, there are plenty of more mature CM's so you won't be the odd person out. Go for it!