Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Protip: Parents, if your kid is freaking out and doesn't want to go on a ride...

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Aww, that's cute. I mean yeah,some can be pep talked into braving it out, if they've hit the point of hysterics, it's time to bail. When I went yesterday, the kid started crying the second his family entered the building for Pirates... I dunno if he didn't like the dark or what, and by the time they got to the boat was hysterically screaming that he didn't want to go on it. They put him on the boat for a second... but it was just to pass him along to the exit and his sister had to take him. The second they put him on the boat I was about to just get off and wait for the next.
    Especially on Quieter, drawn out attractions like Pirates or Haunted Mansion...no one wants to listen to screaming kids for 6-15 minutes it ruins the attraction for other people...it seems like some of the people at the resorts have no idea how to pep-talk their kids or just avoid an attraction altogether

I rode ToT for the first time ever last summer and lemme tell ya, I did NOT see that first drop coming, my sister and I are in our early 30's and we were shaking on our way out the exit, but we got back into line lol!!! That ride is hit or miss with kids...it really could be terrifying for little kids
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 03-24-2011 at 02:42 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Protip: Parents, if your kid is freaking out and doesn't want to go on a ride...

Quote Originally Posted by ZestyNoodle View Post
    True dat. I feel bad for the parents too, mostly the ones that really want to ride their favorite ride but can't because their kid won't.
    No way! If you're a parent and you take your kids to Disneyland, it's not about *you* anymore. You work out a baby swap, split up your group, find another solution, or maybe you just have to skip your favorite ride that day.
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

I have to agree ^^^ either leave your kids at home or don't ride the Attraction...I think the "its not about YOU anymore" can apply to parenting in General LOL

There's no crying allowed at Disneyland.

At least not for those who go with me.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i was always forced to go on rides that scared me as a kid, but hey thanks to my parents i love roller coasters!
    Me too! But I wasn't the kicking and screaming type. I had a sort of quiet, cling-to-your-parents kind of fear. I will never forget my parents taking me on both Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion when I was three years old. I was so brave!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

Hahaha!!!! This totally reminds me of my first time on Big Thunder. It was almost 30 years ago that my mom pulled me kicking and screaming through the BTMRR line. I cried my eyes out the whole time we waited cuz I didn't want to ride. Hahaha!!!! I'm sure people thought she was the worst parent ever. But I loved the ride and it's still one of my favorites to this day. My first "big people" roller coaster ever. LOL.

I'm so tired of parents trying to force there kids on rides that is sooo wrong. On the weekend when we are there we sit by the carnation area where schools perform either sing or dance. And some of the little kids want to stop and watch, but their parents pull them away for a ride. I think if you take a kid to Disney you do what thay want to do. You can always go by yourself and do what you want to do.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by cadjoe321 View Post
    I'm so tired of parents trying to force there kids on rides that is sooo wrong. On the weekend when we are there we sit by the carnation area where schools perform either sing or dance. And some of the little kids want to stop and watch, but their parents pull them away for a ride. I think if you take a kid to Disney you do what thay want to do. You can always go by yourself and do what you want to do.
    Exactly. When I went with my 3 year old cousin years ago, my whole perspective changed completely and I didn't even care what I got to do because I just wanted to see her happy. There are some selfish parents out there.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Future Indy Castmember

Whenever I see a parent forcing their kid to go on something that they don't want to go on, it just makes me sad on the inside.

These are the two thoughts in my head when i see this happen:

1. "So much for the Happiest Place on Earth"

2. "Let the Memories begin indeed. The bad ones."

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

They should let the kids make there own happy memories

• Banned User

LOL and it seems like the parents are usually all stressed out and irritated, like it was a complete chore to take the kids to the resort for the day...you see kids wanting to ride something the parents Dont want to ride and they walk right past it...so sad, they should just let the children run free lol

Every Year My sister and I go with no kids for 5 days

we plan a seperate 3 day trip in the year to take my nephews

everybody wins!

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Thank god.... is there a general rule that the CMs aren't supposed to speak up? I've seen plenty of times where they just ignore the situation.
    I'm sure they would like to speak up, but it takes guts to challenge a guest who is likely to take out frustration towards their child on the CM.

Sooo agree!! I see it all the time!!! We are there every weekend! And I feel sooo bad for the kids. We have APs I"m trying to make my 2nd childhood better . Because I had parents like that!

• Parking Lot > DCA

It's a nice way to make your kid have a complex though!

• Banned User

It's a weird thing to do, lets let junior's memories of Disneyland be about horrors unimaginable and crying the entire time.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast