Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Angry Protip: Parents, if your kid is freaking out and doesn't want to go on a ride...

... for the love of God, just take the kid somewhere else, and don't force them on it. No one else on Pirates wants to listen to your child screaming bloody murder for the entire queue, or the entire ride.

Re: Protip: Parents, if your kid is freaking out and doesn't want to go on a ride...

True dat. I feel bad for the parents too, mostly the ones that really want to ride their favorite ride but can't because their kid won't.
    "I do what I likes, and I suits me"

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Protip: Parents, if your kid is freaking out and doesn't want to go on a ride...

Yeah, and no flash photography please.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I was once in line for Peter Pan and some parents ahead of me were trying to get their little girl to go on the ride. But she managed to get off the ship as soon as she was shoved in and ran the other way thus stopping the ride. Fortunately this was at the loading dock and not during the actual ride itself where it could've been a helluva lot more dangerous.

And this is why you should never take children to Disney

Heh
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Sock Puppet

i was always forced to go on rides that scared me as a kid, but hey thanks to my parents i love roller coasters!

• Banned User

I should add that my Dad made me ride Pirates as a kid, since I was afraid of the drop, and it was his fav ride. I enjoyed the ride, except that part. I also didn't freak the hell out, I knew I had to sack up and get on, and crying was only gonna make things worse.

• I'm not really here

Had a family trying to drag a 7 year old boy on Tower of Terror. Finally, the cast member at the elevator pointed down the exit hall when the door opened and said, "the exit is that way." This kid was terrified. Hysterical. Screaming, hyperventilating desperately trying to pull away.

If they're nervous or a little scared, give them a pep talk and encouragement. Still don't want to go on? Don't force them. If they are into abject terror of doing it, get them the heck out of that queue for their own sake!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Had a family trying to drag a 7 year old boy on Tower of Terror. Finally, the cast member at the elevator pointed down the exit hall when the door opened and said, "the exit is that way." This kid was terrified. Hysterical. Screaming, hyperventilating desperately trying to pull away.

If they're nervous or a little scared, give them a pep talk and encouragement. Still don't want to go on? Don't force them. If they are into abject terror of doing it, get them the heck out of that queue for their own sake!
    Thank god.... is there a general rule that the CMs aren't supposed to speak up? I've seen plenty of times where they just ignore the situation.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

Forcing a 7 year old to ride Tower of Terror is about as ridiculous as parenting can get. You got to have some serious guts to want to ride it at that age.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Forcing a 7 year old to ride Tower of Terror is about as ridiculous as parenting can get. You got to have some serious guts to want to ride it at that age.
    Seriously. At that age I wouldn't have looked at the ToT. I see plenty of 4 - 8 years olds on there though. But this kid did not want to go and the family seemed to not care. The CM finally stepped in and basically told the family to exit the ride. Mom ended up waiting while rest rode it and then she rode it. They just really didn't want to split up and so were going to force the kid on.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Kids are just soft these days.

• Banned User

I totally understand what you mean...I mean why force them when they can just wait at the exit if the parents want to ride that bad.

on a lighter note, we met a white family of 5 with an adopted lil Haitian Boy about 8-10 y/o and he was sobbing (not hysterically, just scared) so I offered to sit with him on Big Thunder Mountain and he held on to my arm as we entered the first tunnel, I told him to hold on and that it will be fun, by the time we got to "The Goat", he was all smiles and laughing... at the end of the ride i gave him my Glow-Fest necklace for being brave...this is an experience that makes me a lil choked up everytime I think about it...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    I totally understand what you mean...I mean why force them when they can just wait at the exit if the parents want to ride that bad.

on a lighter note, we met a white family of 5 with an adopted lil Haitian Boy about 8-10 y/o and he was sobbing (not hysterically, just scared) so I offered to sit with him on Big Thunder Mountain and he held on to my arm as we entered the first tunnel, I told him to hold on and that it will be fun, by the time we got to "The Goat", he was all smiles and laughing... at the end of the ride i gave him my Glow-Fest necklace for being brave...this is an experience that makes me a lil choked up everytime I think about it...
    Aww, that's cute. I mean yeah,some can be pep talked into braving it out, if they've hit the point of hysterics, it's time to bail. When I went yesterday, the kid started crying the second his family entered the building for Pirates... I dunno if he didn't like the dark or what, and by the time they got to the boat was hysterically screaming that he didn't want to go on it. They put him on the boat for a second... but it was just to pass him along to the exit and his sister had to take him. The second they put him on the boat I was about to just get off and wait for the next.

This is how my brother is most times, however 3 years ago he went on space mountain and enjoyed it, and now he wont step foot near it :/

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sometimes you got to force them on......I was scared of Big Thunder...then my dad made me go on it...now I love it.

I was also scared of Snow White, the Matterhorn and Space...then I was forced to go on them again and I liked them....some how they were scary to me as a young kid (4 or 5) but when I was like 7 or 8 I loved all the rides there.......soo sometimes it does suck to hear kids crying in the Q (I did not do that or I would never be brought back) but it will help the kid grow up and learn that not everything your forced to do is bad

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast