Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Favorite scenic elements/props in Disneyland attractions or the whole park?

Just one of the many things that make up Disney rides are the props throughout, whether original artistic pieces or something they might have found in an antique store. Likewise, set dressing sort of elements add a lot to the park as a whole. Part of the larger whole, but sometimes less noticed than the AA's or the music or the special effects (flames, lightning, ghosts, etc).

So, what are your favorites? I will list some of mine to give an idea of the kind of thing I mean.

• The painting of the "redhead" behind the two skeletons drinking in the caves portion of Pirates
    • The ghoul "family portraits" in the Haunted Mansion corridor of doors
    • Lobster and crab cages in Fowler's Harbor
    • The cannon and boxes of ammo, canteens, etc alongside the interior of Frontierland's fort entrance
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

Re: Favorite scenic elements/props in Disneyland attractions or the whole park?

you beat me to my first one which is the portraits of the Ghosts in the HM hallway love 'em
    I also like the Old Truck and generator in the Indiana Jones Queue
    I like the Lafittes Landing Sign above the POTC loading area
    My favorite has to be the Shotgun Shells Chessboard in the Jungle Cruise Queue
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 03-24-2011 at 08:40 PM.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Maybe not DL but while waiting in line at ToT yesterday, I noticed all the amazingly detailed lighting everywhere. Dragons are very prevalent in the lighting. Look next time . I don't think I have a FAVORITE scenic element or prop at the resort because I love all the little things especially when it's something new to me (hence my ToT story). I am a sucker for lighting though and LOVE all the unique lights, scones, lamps, lampoles, etc...throughout the whole resort. GCH is my favorite for lighting though. And also landcaping! Love the plants and water lol
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 03-24-2011 at 09:08 PM.

• Banned User

The ToT queue is very very cool!! looks like they went to an antique auction and loaded up a U Haul with cool 1920's ish furnishings...

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Yeah it's amazing. It was actually kinda nice to have to wait in line for it the other day. So detailed and great

• Minion

I just love the lamps hanging over the Tea Cups.

• Tink 2 Three

This is a hard question to answer. I have to say that a lot of things came to mind. Favorites?

The wrought iron balconies in New Orleans square - they give the square that definitive French Quarter feeling

The outside track to Alice prior to the ramps

The riverboat scene in Splash Mountain - I love seeing the characters from America Sings which brings back fond memories of my favorite childhood attraction.

• Banned User

Just dont touch anything in the ToT library, I got yelled at (in a cast Member way) for touching the lamp I was so embarassed LOL

• Missing my AP

Another great post. I'm always taking pictures of little details like this. There are way too many.
    Some of have "re-imagineered" at home or have plans to someday. Here are some of my favorites.

The book "Elvis-What happened" in Minnies House
    The jar of pickled eggs in Indiana Jones queue
    The exotic lamps hanging from the big tree over Tiki Room exit.
    The specimen table near Tarzan exit
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

In Fantasyland alone, I admire:
    The actual prosthetic hook that serves as the light fixture as you make the last turn to board Peter Pan.
    The green toad Tiffany style lamp at Mr. Toad's is an item I admire (and covet).
    The hand-made heavy leaded stained glass that adorns Pinocchio, as well as the entire room of hand crafted toys in the final room of the attraction.
    All of Fantasyland since its relaunch (at least in the castle courtyard) is just chock-filled with small detail after detail.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Hooterville, USA

This made walking all the way over to the subs worth it. Wish they would bring them back.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

all of the west side. because west side is so much nicer to look at than the east side

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Meets_Body View Post
    all of the west side. because west side is so much nicer to look at than the east side
    Aint that the truth!!! the East Side of the park is a Hodge podge of themes and wasted real estate LOL

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I like:
    The hoof prints in the walkways of Frontierland.
    All the decorations on Jingles.
    Mr. Toad's mansion.
    The Bazaar in Adventureland.
    The sign for Club 33.
    Peter Pan's pirate ship ride vehicles.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Banned User

I also love the Lightning Bugs aka Fire Flies in the POTC Bayou

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast