Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: After Little Mermaid, What Disney Classic deserves a Dark Ride?

Lion King and Aladdin are the only two that I've always wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by martyallee View Post
    Like the flying carpet ride they have over in the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland?
    I've never heard of that. I was thinking the "A Whole New World" sequence meets Peter Pan's Flight.

Okay I just googled it and that ride is totally goofy and NOT a dark ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Mr. Toad has one, so I think Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Make it more in the spookhouse vein and use new tech for the pumpkin throw, some wind effects, 3D sound, sophisticated AA for the horseman and have the start be the countryside at night, then the party and song with Brom Bones and Katrina leading to the woods/swamp/bridge.
    By Far this is My absolute favorite Idea!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by martyallee View Post
    I know its not a movie but I always thought that Ducktales deserved an attraction

Im 100% supportive of this idea!!! I just finished the 2nd season dvd's today LOL

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by readandburn View Post
    The Black Cauldron and/or The Incredibles.
    Black Cauldron would be soooooo awesome!!! could you imagine how atmospheric they could make it?!?! and how terrifying the Horned King would be... squeeel!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

We have a poll that started about a month ago that asks the same question:

What Disney Animated Classic/Movie would you like to see as a Dark Ride? In DL or DCA

Here were some of my ideas for some new old fashioned Fantasyland style dark rides, perhaps for even a new 3rd Anaheim Park:

Bambi ~ this movie needs MUCH more recognition at the Disneyland resort, than what it currently has. A dark ride through the forest would be wonderful, especially with the forest fire climax scene. Something very similar in stye to Snow White or Pinnochio's dark ride

101 Dalmations ~ another animal animated movie, which is highly under-represented in the Disneyland resort. The only recognition it gets is Cruella, who remain incredibly popular, close to nearly 50 years, now. Imagine riding in Cruella's hot rod, starting off riding by the park where Roger and Anita, and their dog's meet for the first time, then the puppies born, stolen, and then chasing after the puppies through the Devil Mansion, and their escape in the snowy countryside. Similar in style to Mr Toad's ride with lots quick twists and turns.

Jungle Book ~ Following Mowgli as he meets all his jungle neighbors, the elephants, escaping Kai and Shere Khan, time with Baloo, kidnapped by monkeys, escaping King Louie and the collapsing temple and of course all the great music from the movie. Lot's of black light special effects, in this indoor jungle adventure.

Hercules ~ like I've mentioned in a few other topics, you get to ride Pegasus from the Underworld, and escape all the Titans, then escape Hades, and see Hercules become a hero, and fly up to Mount Olympus.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Hunchback of Notre Dame would be fun.
    I think that would be great! It could go two ways though, ask a dark ride or as a theater show like Aladdin

• Banned User

That was my poll LOL! I forgot I even posted that (even tho it was like 6 weeks ago)

One of my HomeImagineering ideas was to have a Aladdin ride similar to Soarin' but with magic carpets. The carpets could get "enchanted" and rise up to the screen and watch a 3D flight movie. The 3D would be great cause it would add a whole new level of immersion, to give the riders a sense of actually flying around buildings.

• Banned User

I think Tony Baxter had an Idea for a Black Cauldron Ride that would have several different paths...with the nes trackless technology, that would be very interesting

oooohhh Aladdin ride like Soarin would be cool, flying thru agrabah and in the tiger cave

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I would go with Beauty and the Beast, Lion King or Aladdin

I know all three are not "rare" to see stuff in the parks from these movies but with good reason....riding though Beasts castle, flying through Agrabah or racing past an elephants graveyard would all make for good rides.

• Future Imagineer

I still think Atlantis should have taken over the Subs. Treasure Planet should have gotten a ride and Lilo and Stitch should have gotten a ride instead of Stitch taking over Alien Encounter. Lion King would be a good fit for a ride also. Or even a Pocahontas boat ride or a Mulan coaster. Some more nobody mentioned are Fantasia and Princess and the Frog.

• Banned User

Talking Re: After Little Mermaid, What Disney Classic deserves a Dark Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by DLRaddict View Post
    I still think Atlantis should have taken over the Subs. Treasure Planet should have gotten a ride and Lilo and Stitch should have gotten a ride instead of Stitch taking over Alien Encounter. Lion King would be a good fit for a ride also. Or even a Pocahontas boat ride or a Mulan coaster. Some more nobody mentioned are Fantasia and Princess and the Frog.
    Finally!!! someone who agrees that they should have stuck to the Atlantis theme for the Subs that they had already designed, makes more sense than watching Finding Nemo all over again, but on TV screens underwater

it would be an awesome scene to narrowly escape the Leviathon and explore the city of Atlantis

and I love love love Treasure Planet!! how adventurous would an attraction be for that, they could put it in tomorrowland

we should be MiceChat besties!! LOL

• Banned User

Two words: Chicken Little. That must be a dark ride.

In all seriousness, I would love to see a Beauty and the Beast E-Ticket dark ride or something with Aladdin.

• film975

I neither liked Atlantis nor Treasure Planet very much. Mostly because I think the original Disney live action movie Treasure Island was so much better. Beauty and the Beast really doesn't have that much to make a ride out of. But they are getting the Beast's Castle and Belle's Village as part of the Fantasyland expansion in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World.

My vote is for an Aladdin magic carpet thrill ride. Using a brand new ride technology. Something that has never been done before. If we really are blue skying ideas here, we need to think bigger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast