Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Re: After Little Mermaid, What Disney Classic deserves a Dark Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    Finally!!! someone who agrees that they should have stuck to the Atlantis theme for the Subs that they had already designed, makes more sense than watching Finding Nemo all over again, but on TV screens underwater

it would be an awesome scene to narrowly escape the Leviathon and explore the city of Atlantis

and I love love love Treasure Planet!! how adventurous would an attraction be for that, they could put it in tomorrowland
    I loved the Disney animated films that were very adventurous and all of those would make perfect dark rides. Atlantis would have been amazing for the subs and would have stuck to the traditional subs story in a way. And I still think they should do a treasure planet dark ride it would be spectacular. I hope someone at Imagineering sees these Films stories as something of use for new rides. The reason they would be perfect rides is because there stories are so captivating and should be utilized to their fullest at the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperskreem View Post
    we should be MiceChat besties!! LOL
    We should

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dlraddict View Post
    i loved the disney animated films that were very adventurous and all of those would make perfect dark rides. Atlantis would have been amazing for the subs and would have stuck to the traditional subs story in a way. And i still think they should do a treasure planet dark ride it would be spectacular. I hope someone at imagineering sees these films stories as something of use for new rides. The reason they would be perfect rides is because there stories are so captivating and should be utilized to their fullest at the parks.

We should
    amen!

some of their greatest Animation/Stories of adventure are sorely overlooked as far as attractions go. I mean..."Nemo" Subs...really? C'mon I wanna Submarine adventure, not a moving underwater dvd player and DVD LOL!

Treasure Planet is Breathtaking, I want to see it in Imax 3D or something Like Soarin in 360 degrees (like Harry Potter) and agile ride vehicles

My favorite Character in Atlantis has to be Mrs. Packard, she's hilarious with a cigarette in her mouth like the whole movie: the original subs already had Atlantis they should have built around that and gave it a major overhaul with new technology
    Last edited by hyperskreem; 03-25-2011 at 10:18 PM.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Beauty and the Beast hands down

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

I don't know if a dark ride is the best choice, but I always thought Mary Poppins should have a ride. There are so many imaginative things in that movie. Maybe a dark ride while riding a carousel horse?
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

I would love to see a Lion King attraction as it is probably my favorite Disney movie ever! Also, and though I'm sure many wouldn't consider this a classic, but The Princess and the Frog could make a great dark ride! All of the fun characters (especially Dr. Facillier) and the great music would make for an interesting concept.

• Artistic integrity

Mary Poppins

It's been in conceptual stage since the 70s .... on drawing boards in WDI ....

I want to see something in time for it's 50th Anniversary - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    I would love to see a Lion King attraction as it is probably my favorite Disney movie ever! Also, and though I'm sure many wouldn't consider this a classic, but The Princess and the Frog could make a great dark ride! All of the fun characters (especially Dr. Facillier) and the great music would make for an interesting concept.
    I don't know where they would put it in NOS, but I love The Princess and the Frog idea! You could be in a frog vehicle that hops throughout the ride....okay, not sure if that's possible, but it would maybe make the normal dark ride a little more interesting! Could they use a vehicle similar to IJA to simulate hopping? The queue could tell the beginning story about how they turn into the frogs and then the rest of the ride is the adventure part.

I agree on Mary Poppins. The Lion King would be my choice for fully animated feature.

• Future Cast Member

I know everyone has been kind of annoyed with Pixar 'taking over' Disney but I think that UP needs a ride

• Disneyland freak!

I am offended that there is no current reference to the Lion King in Disneyland

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I'm even MORE offended that there's no reference to The Black Cauldron at Disneyland!! So many blessings to all who have suggested OUR movie get a dark ride!

• Minion

ORDDU: I'd just love it if there was a tunnel of love where you got to meet each and every Disney Hunk from all the romantic Disney stories. The grand finale would be a kissing booth with Tarzan! (Perhaps that awful plain Jane person could finally find something else to amuse herself with while I get to spend a little time alone with my favorite man in a loin cloth!)

• Minion

Sleeping Beauty (escape with Prince Phillip from Maleficent's dungeon, past her goons to confront the fire-breathing dragon and awake the sleeping princess - - a perfect scenario for any Disneylander demo).

Cinderella (magically shrink to mouse size to help Jaq and Gus steal the attic key from Stepmother and carry it through the chateau and up the winding stairs to unlock Cinderella - - but watch out for Lucifer!).

Aladdin (magic carpet simulation carries you to the Cave of Wonders to find and magic lamp and free the Genie).

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (race home from the party with Ichabod through the dark forest and across the bridge before the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow crops your top).

Mary Poppins (jump into the chalk pavement picture for a Supercalifragilistic carousel horse race through the Jolly Holiday world).

Babes in Toyland (shrink to toy size to save Mary Quite Contrary from the clutches of evil Barnaby with the aid of a battalion of Toy Soldiers).

The Three Caballeros (fly on a magic carpet or boat ride to exotic South America for a colorful and surreal visit to a land of beauty, music, dance and excitement).

Mickey and the Beanstalk (climb into the clouds to steal the Singing Harp back from Willie the Giant).

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Jungle Book to replace Aladdin's Oasis.

• Disneyland History Lover

I'd be all for both Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Beauty and the Beast. I think both have substantial substance for a meaningful dark ride. Rather than a simple retelling of the stories, I think both could stand to bring the more exciting and captivating points of the films to the forefront for worthy dark ride experiences.

I love Sleeping Beauty, but I wouldn't want it as a dark ride since the Castle Walkthrough pretty much covers the story.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast